Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's cause extreme butthurt by defeating the North in AACW

Cassidy

Arcane
Good luck in inclining Kwanstain.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
-- TURN 10 - Hurrah for the AI? --

AACW 2012-05-10 08-26-57-57.jpg

Eventually the war in the West may be lost simply because of food. After fighting for the damaged supply chain for 5 turns, and just when we were getting close ot restoring it, the Army of the Mississipi now completely ran out of food.

Therefore I had to move the Johnstons the army south, to Springfield, because a move East was no more possible.
In an almost desperate act to still take their objective, I sent Breckinridge and his last partially fed Division (mostly tree bark and daisies - even that won't last a full turn) to finally assault Jackson, where he may or may not run out of food.

But even worse, Johnston's army may now be facing their Waterloo in the south. For the AI has made a brilliant move, bringing Grant and a complete army (what I suspect are 50,000 men) before Baton Rouge, and another Corps of unknown strength before Springfield. Johnston's army is outnumbered, outsupplied, outgeneraled. This is even worse because it's on the brink of starvation, weakened, and all movements on this front have been dictated by getting food for the next turn. As long as the soldiers don't have food even a simple retreat is not an option.

If Johnston can move move into Baton Rouge, his 14,000 and Gardners 9,000 could be supplied by sea (I already assembled 2 supply wagons and a transport fleet in Alexandria). But I don't think Grant will allow that.

I am very concerned for the future of the Army.

AACW 2012-05-10 08-28-47-25.jpg

In the North, I order Beauregard to take command of the Tennessee Army from Bragg. (I wanted Longstreet to take over but the game would'nt allow it - bug? The good thing is that this way I didn't have to pay a 4 point NM penalty for violating seniority - and perhaps it's better that way.)

Polk's Corps has abandoned the Skyway Line and taken position on the left flank of what is to form a new defense line - the fearsome BLOBERT Line. But it still looks too weak against Rosecrans superior numbers. While other Union forces are coming from the East, and already cut us off from Knoxville and the main railway, another front is getting closer to the breaking point.

If the AI breaks through into Georgia it would be a desaster..

AACW 2012-05-10 08-30-00-73.jpg

In the East not much happened, but the AI actually threatens to encircle Richmond and all of Lee's army.

Longstreet moved back to Petersburg. A cavalry unit captured another supply wagon in the wake of the Norfolk operation.

AACW 2012-05-10 08-31-00-56.jpg

In Arkansas, Holmes, Price and their remaining 6,500 Missourians are still holding Fort Smith, and won another battle.

AACW 2012-05-10 08-31-12-79.jpg

But I begin to feel more and more that it's a desperate struggle, and must consider a retreat to Texas, before it's too late.

For several reasons, terrain one of them, I can send them no reinforcements, but perhaps I could link them up with one of the remaining Texas Divsions (2) half way?

AACW 2012-05-10 09-43-58-60.jpg

Meanwhile in Texas: almost 10,000 men have been assembled in Houston and are ready to strike against the much smaller Union force that captured Galveston. While it lasts, it feels good not to be outnumbered.

Even further West, some 2,000 more troops are arriving from the Mexican border (including the unfortunate Laredo Brigade that was attacked while it was still training - it survived!)

Burning Bridges

AACW 2012-05-10 10-43-56-00.jpg

We must prepare for the coming Union offensive on all fronts. The best thing I can do is try to optimize the stacks.

I was able to bring Beauregards main force (I made him take over command Army of Tennessee as well as Hardie's Corps) to 25,000, plus Polks 8,000 on the left. I send Hardee + 3,000 men + supply to reinforce Polk.

I reckon if the Union will attack over the river, our chances are 50/50: the entrench level is 2, defense rating is good, but there is hardly any artillery.

As soon as I have a transfer left, Bragg will be sent to some backwater to train militia units.

AACW 2012-05-10 10-47-24-64.jpg

I sent Longstreet to take over in Richmond, the Corps is currently in re-structuring (I still need better Division commanders), currently has 18,000 men.

AACW 2012-05-10 10-47-28-10.jpg

Jackson has 28,000.

Lee in Fredricksburg also has ca 28,000 but is in dire need of supply, I will try to send him all supply wagons that I can get.

AACW 2012-05-10 10-52-14-19.jpg

I send Ewell and the painstakenly built up Georgia reserves (12,000 from Atlanta) on the same route that Breckinridge took some turns ago, to support the fight for the Vicksburg railway, (or to prepare a line of defense in the case of possible disaster in Mississipi). The only strategically sound movement I can come up with in this turn.

AACW 2012-05-10 10-16-08-18.jpg

Another 11,000 men reserve is still in Carolina. I deliberately let them stay where they are, because there is no rail transport left anyway, and I still don't know where they will be needed most, in the West, North or the East.

Burning Bridges

-- Turn 11 - New Hope for the Confederates --

AACW 2012-05-10 11-33-54-04.jpg

After the situation looked all gloomy a turn before, this was the first round that fullfilled all my expectations.

A great, belated victory: Breckinridge's tired Division finally took over Jackson, and wiped out the entire force in the "Kessel" (more about this important battle later).

Johnston met with Gardner at Baton Rouge without interference from Grant. I can now proceed with my plan to send them supply from Texas (the ships and wagons are ready in Alexandria), and if this works, their food crisis will be solved for some time.

At the same time, a desperate attempt of Wheeler to drive off the Union succeeded at Meridian.

This means for the first time the Confederates controls all three major towns along the Vicksburg railway. The line is still interrupted on two points eastwards of Meridian, but now Ewell's force is approaching from the East, and could link up with the others.

It would almost look like we have won the battle over the railway line, but unfortunately, now Sherman approaches from the South, with a considerable army, and we cannot tell what will happen next, or where he will turn. While there is still every possibility for a major defeat, we are just an inch away from controlling the railway line, and with it, Vicksburg.

AACW 2012-05-10 11-35-53-44.jpg

AACW 2012-05-10 11-36-00-29.jpg

AACW 2012-05-10 11-33-04-16.jpg

The battle of Jackson, a major victory for the Confederacy. 2,600 killed or taken prisoner for hardly any casualties of our own. While at first this may not appear like a spectacular victory, the destruction of an army HQ is of major importance (+3 national morale). This battle could have strategic implications far into the future, because it means the Union can only attack us with three Western HQs intead of previously four.

After the victorious battle Breckinridge's men also captured some nice equipment: siege artillery and supply wagons. The contents of which was quickly devoured by the hungry men - it tasted of victory.

AACW 2012-05-10 11-36-08-64.jpg

AACW 2012-05-10 11-33-26-94.jpg

Wheeler's battle for Meridian, he was able to join up with the forces there, and is at least temporarily supplied.

AACW 2012-05-10 11-35-27-02.jpg

Nothing new in the East, except that the Union has re-taken Suffolk. Our three Corps gained some precious time to consolidate, and Lee received his much needed supply.

AACW 2012-05-10 11-36-19-88.jpg

A minor battle took place on the Western flank of the Virgina theatre, and a smaller force under Gen. Trimble won a victory. This force was currently retreating before the (unstoppable) Union advance from the North, and represents practically our complete strength in the central section between then Tennessee and Virginia armies.

Perhaps it would be the right time to throw our remaining reserves from North & South Carolina to this sector, but this would leave our coast dangerously undefended.

AACW 2012-05-10 11-46-06-14.jpg

The objectives screen shows Confederate morale running dangerously high (CSA 114 vs 79 USA), with Union morale currently only 30 points from a defeat! Perhaps we are doing much better than we thought, because we've now built up a considerable lead in morale. If things were to keep developing in this way, we may win the war simply by a Union morale breakdown. It seems they are getting weary of the war, which cost them so much for nothing gained. Not even Vicksburg has fallen, which should've been their minimum goal, considering the advantages they had.

I calculate that a possible recapture of strategic towns (New Orleans, Memphis) and some more decisive victories
could theoretically break the Union moral. Should I disable the "sudden death" rule in case that should happen, so that the war can go on?

Burning Bridges

I just updated the first post with a general progress report, assessment and savegame.

strategy_map_1863_august.jpg

1863, Late August​

Thanks to Operation Popamole in the West, and a series of relatively easy victories in the East, The Confederacy survived for 11 epic turns, and it may be actually winning - the experts are not sure right now.​

In the West, the situation seems to be turning in our favor, and a deperately fighting Confederate force (without food) have managed to trap and subsequently destroy an army under Ambrose P. Burnside.​

But while they now get their first chance to rest in many turns, a huge army under Grant and Sherman is already looming in the south, threatening to deal the Army of Mississipi their first crushing defeat.​

In the North, the situation is unclear with an assault on our yet uncompleted Blobert-Line coming any turn.​

In Arkansas things are hanging on a thread, while a new Confederate army in Texas goes on the offensive.​

If you're interested you can try and take over my savegame (turn 11, late Aug. 1863): download savegame

It's even a great point to take over the war, because the general force organization will be much better than when it began, and the situation is still undecided. Needs the latest offical patch (1.16), which is by the way, quite amazing.​

kazgar

Arcane
I calculate that a possible recapture of strategic towns (New Orleans, Memphis) and some more decisive victories
could theoretically break the Union moral. Should I disable the "sudden death" rule in case that should happen, so that the war can go on?

Guess you can't disable it after the victory condition? Because if you gain the morale victory you should, you've turned the situation around enough to make it happen, no easy feat.

Or just reload from close to getting it and turning it off then?

Burning Bridges

Well actually I had thought I could turn it off, but now that you mention it, I don't even see where the option is at all.

It just occured to me that if the war would go on like that for another 15-20 turns, and provided that Richmond does not fall, I would win purely by morale. But we'll see.

After 10 turns Union morale is already down by 21 points, which strikes me as rather alarming.

Burning Bridges

Has anyone played/finished the 1863 campaign and can give any tips? Because right now I'm expecting that if I could survive like that until the Winter, wouldn't this mean that I have more or less made it through the worst? From past experience, the AI doesn't get better with time, while I could recruit more new armies.

I am also beginning to think that my supply crises are, if not caused, at least further aggravated by my bad habit to have insufficient supply wagons.

From previous playthroughs I got used to a build policy: "build only infantry and cavalry, wagons and artillery must be taken from the enemy", perhaps this is a mistake after all.

Cenobyte

Prophet
You need a combination of a good-working supply chain and supply wagons. The supply chain will provide you supply for your front line, while the supply wagons will help you to shield you from attrition hits while moving and ensure supply in enemy territory or territory with very low supply throughput.

In any way, the by far best supply source in the South is New Orleans, so you should try to regain the city. Doing so should, in connection with the reestablishment of control over the railways and rivers, alleviate your supply problems in the Mississippi area.

Burning Bridges

Thanks, this sounds like the strategic advice I want to hear before I decide about the next phase (Operation Popamole is mostly over). I still think that an attack on New Orleans would be a too great risk right now, with the terrain and the possibility of a long siege, as long as Grant is still in the area. But you seem to know the game very well.

Burning Bridges

-- Turn 11 (Economy) --

AACW 2012-05-11 11-29-00-23.jpg

Again, the available conscription points must be spent for replacements companies.

AACW 2012-05-11 11-37-29-42.jpg

Since there is some money and WM left, I invest heavily into rail and riverine transport (no conscription points).

AACW 2012-05-11 11-36-54-46.jpg

I also order one new blockade runner.

Burning Bridges

-- Turn 12 - Rosecrans Chattanooga Offensive --

AACW 2012-05-11 12-08-39-73.jpg

The last turn brought important developments in the central front, where Rosecrans launched a major offensive against the Blobert Line. Not counting his rear reserves of at least 25,000, Rosecrans two Corps include approximately 80,000 men, against Beauregards 40,000.

AACW 2012-05-11 12-09-17-04.jpg

Not surprisingly the battle began with an attack on the left flank, where Hardee had just taken over the badly organized remains of Polks Corps. The Confederates here retreated quickly before overwhelming numbers, but inflicted severe losses.

AACW 2012-05-11 12-10-22-75.jpg

The battle then moved into Chattanooga when the Union armies followed Hardie's retreating Corps.

The Union suffered heavy losses in the attack on Beauregards entrenched Divisions.

+3 National Morale points won!

AACW 2012-05-11 12-14-00-03.jpg

The Union then launched another frontal attack, and again suffered heavy casualties for nothing gained.

+3 National Morale points won!

AACW 2012-05-11 12-08-39-73.jpg

Unfortunately Hardies Corps is now practically put out of action (lost 5,000 men), and must be quickly evacuated from the combat area.
But these men sold their skins extremely well! :salute:

AACW 2012-05-11 12-54-42-93.jpg

They in fact did extremely well, inflicting 12,000 casualties, and Division General Cleburne is now ready for a promotion. I think he could become a first rate Corps leader .. look at teh stats!!

rosecrans_1863_sept.jpg

An overview of the Rosecrans offensive. It shows that I quickly need to assemble a new Corps in Atlanta, to close the gap in the Blobert line.

Although the Union is currently on the advance, Beauregards Confederates are doing exceptionally well, and have already inflicted serious losses against a superior opponent. Overall losses in the (first) Battle of Chattanooga show that Beauregard won a brilliant defensive victory:

USA:
12,000 KIA​
6,400 POW​

CSA:
5,500 KIA​
0 POW (?)​

+ 7 National morale points

Burning Bridges

-- Turn 12 - Victory at Baton Rouge, but Mobile falls to Sherman --

AACW 2012-05-11 13-15-50-06.jpg

In the West, Johnston defeated Grant in their first direct encounter, but Sherman captured the weakly defended Mobile. Luckily for us, a just barely completed ironclad could escape, it would have been a disaster to lose this ship just when it's built.

AACW 2012-05-11 13-15-51-85.jpg

In the same round, Johnston received further reinforcements from Texas by the river, including the much needed supply wagons. For the first time Johnstons Army has food for more than a turn.

AACW 2012-05-11 13-14-56-37.jpg

The battle of Baton Rouge, showing that Grant is not invincible. It also shows that Johnstons forces now outnumber Grants, and he may even be in a position to counterattack.

AACW 2012-05-11 13-15-19-89.jpg

Shermans victory in Mobile, which was in a way inevitable. I did not order Wheelers and Breckinridges Corps to Mobile although I saw the danger, because they needed a turn to recover from the battles.

There is a major battle brewing up in the south Mississipi theatre and I think we are going to win it. At least I think Grant cannot win with the 50,000 men he currently has. A quick calculation shows that we have 60,000 men in the area (not counting 10,000 in Vicksburg).

AACW 2012-05-11 13-16-03-93.jpg

In the same round, General John Breckinridge was promoted to 3-star general, and his Division commander Robert Hokes to 2-star general. Hokes is so-so, but Breckinridge is very good, and Cleburne (Chattanooga) promises to be great. This means I may have two very good Corps commanders in the next round.

Burning Bridges

I'll let this open for some time, so we can plan Operation "End of Rine", the (possible) destruction of Grants Army.
Any suggestions? I think I may have spotted that we have him by the balls. If this is so, we must not let them slip!!

The plan to destroy Grants army!
I am considering a simultanous move from Johnston (29,000, including Gardners Corps) and Breckinridge (18,000) on Grants 20,000, to cut off Sherman, while the forces in the Northeast can go on fighting for the railway. I think I can use the ironclad and the forts for a naval blockade of the Mobile Bay, so Sherman is essentially cut off from the sea?

Here is a quick sketch of this plan.

AACW 2012-05-11 13-54-57-09.jpg

Monty

Arcane
Grant looks vulnerable so I think it's worth the risk. And if you can eliminate him then you could make life difficult for Sherman too.

Cenobyte

Prophet
Sounds like a good plan. Destroyed Union forces always work in your favour.

Regarding the naval blockade: You need at least for elements to be able to block a harbour. If you have one unit of ironclads, you should have exactly those 4 elements available, but nothing more. But the chance to block is rolled for every element independently, so having just 4 elements for a blockade is always a gamble.

Burning Bridges

Thanks for the advice.

But this is really a tricky point in the campaign. It could swing both ways. Either I destroy Grant and cut off Sherman from the Mississipi, or Sherman cuts me off by striking at Meridian in the next turn. Or both at the same time.

I already had to realize that Sherman cannot be cut off from the sea because he has these small ports on the southern Mississipi coast (Mississipi City etc). So I think Sherman is safe, and has created a new threat to cut off the Army of the Mississipi altogether, this time with a base in Mobile.

2 of Breckinridges 3 divisions are still weakened and should normally remain in Jackson to recover. Wheelers 10,000 in Meridian must also rest and receive replacements. That means 20,000 men have to stay immobile.

That means the attack from the North can not bring no more than 9,000 men. There is also one division left in Vicksburg (8,000), but it will be risky to join them with Breckinridge, if he is on the march. Mind that they cannot bring any supplies either, only adding strain to his meagre supplies.

Grant can be attacked by Johnston directly, I could bring ca 30,000 men against his 15,000 (estimated). But he is now entrenched in the mountains, weather is "mud". Considering the advantage in generalship that Grant has against Johnston (6-4-4 vs 4-2-5), this attack might fail, or be very costly in casualties.

The safest option would be to do nothing, but my railway line is still cut on the Mississipi/Alabama border, so I cannot maintain these forces on the Mississipi bank much longer (currently 80,000 men hang on the not working railway line!). Johnstons army has supply for 1.5 turns, so I will have to do something with them. Either an attack on Grant or a move out of Mississipi altogether. The problem is that this would use up all my railroad capacity for this turn, so I woold have no trains left to send reinforcements to Atlanta, and to western Alabama where I need to put something before Sherman's expected move east. The other problem is that the next safest point with enough supply is Georgia (Columbus), so this would amount to pulling out half the army from Mississipi.

What is the best option? I think I may have to take the desperate move, and attack Grant head on (with a 2:1 numeric advantage while it lasts), while send Breckinridge with 9,000 to Natchez to cut off Grants small force from his supply line?

All based on the theory that the losses in the major battle would be the same than what I will lose by lack of supply anyway, but this way they would not be in vain, and could pay off handsomely (if Grant's HQ could be destroyed, Sherman's army would be a headless monster).

I also almost ran out of conscription points, so I cannot replace too many losses in the next turn.

The situation does not appear as critical as in the beginning because the Union cannot maintain these costly offensives forever, and I have reserve forces in the central states (ca 25,000). I also have this huge lead in national morale, so a national defeat is not coming soon. But the Mississipi strategy is hanging on a thread.

If you can destroy Grant, do it. Can he be reinforced? Is Sherman likely to leave Mobile and come to his aid?

I think Sherman cannot reach Grant in one turn, and expect he will rather move East or North.

Burning Bridges

Which is to say everything is on the cards at the moment. An organized retreat from Mississipi for a decisive battle further back, with better supply. Or a gamble to destroy Grant and slowly win the upper hand, with the risk of losing large parts of the Army of the Mississipi.

Burning Bridges

One last question, does anyone understand the frontage rules, and is it an advantage if I were to attack Grant with 2 Corps (both 15,000) instead of one with 30,000? I have two Corps available in Baton Rouge (Johnstons army HQ and Gardners Corps), so this could make a difference.

This could become a decisive battle for me, here is a thread that could bring clarity:
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?13016-Frontage-Primer-and-Questions

Cenobyte

Prophet
You could also try to outflank Grant. As you have noted, he is in difficult terrain away from the provinces with better infrastructure (which gives him a defense bonus, but also means slower movement and supply issues). If his force has taken severe cohesion hits during the last battle and the subsequent retreat (cannot say just from your screenshots), he might have even more penalties on moving.
If you have a well-rested corps and some spare railway capacity, you could try to quickly takeover all provinces where Grant can be supplied from (the two ports there on the lower Mississippi, Springfield and a small detachment to guard Jackson). Because that would be quite a lot to cover, I'd advise to just focus on the Mississippi bridgeheads and Jackson.

Remember that corps of the same army located in adjacent provinces can march to the sound of the guns and reinforce other corps during battles. You can also build depots with supply wagons. Depots give a large bonus to supply generation and throughput, so having depots in strategic locations might help you with your supply issues (and conversely, destroying enemy depots is a very good way of disrupting their supply chain and ability to supply large forces). But I cannot judge just from your screenshots how much this would help. Maybe you could provide a screenshot of your supply situation in the next update?

Regarding frontage, army HQs and attached units will always enter battle as the last unit, so if you attack with two corps, Gardner would attack first and Johnston would join in later, or not at all, depending on the course of battle.

Burning Bridges

Yes, it's hard to say when you don't see the figures. Though that's why I upload a savegame from time to time, so a fellow general may even have a look himself.

CSA turn 12 savegame

Hm, the supply situation? It's really really bad, because during the last 5 turns, the Mississipi army never had food for more than 1 turn, often not even that. Now, with the wagons from Texas, Johnston and Gardner have provisions for about 2 turns, but it may not be possible to supply them after that.

After a nights sleep, I think I have a better idea. Instead of risking the whole army in a desperate attack against a skilled, entrenched foe in bad terrain I will move the army eastwards and recapture the southern coast.

I would have to let Grant slip, but his destruction by a hungry army was not at all certain, and a move east could a have a number of advantages. I could surprise Sherman (if you can forget that it's an AI), threaten his own supply situation, and prevent the devastating strike of Sherman that could completely cut off the Confederate army (indicated as a simultaneous strike on Meridian from north and south). I may be able to take back Mobile, the only possible supply base in the area.

The move to Mississipi City would take approximately 2 turns, the closest move is Fort Pike (17 days). I may use this time to also send all my transport fleets to the nearest port in western Florida (Tallahassee), and supply Johnston by sea.

"Operation Decline" - Johnstons march on the coast:

operation_decline.jpg

Burning Bridges

-- Turn 12 - Latest developments --

AACW 2012-05-12 11-34-46-00.jpg

Conscription crisis reaches new low, 3 lousy replacements companies is all that can be raised. Not nearly enough for all fronts I am afraid.

With Plan Popamole and the transfers of practically all available reserves to the front, I have bled the country dry. A lot of time will pass before new units can be raised.

AACW 2012-05-12 11-33-37-65.jpg

Two new Ironclads in Wilmington, although the event text is not logical.

I don't complain, the Confederate Navy takes everything that swims.

AACW 2012-05-12 11-38-54-15.jpg

Directly following Shermans conquest a food crisis breaks out in Mobile - that's what you get when you surrender to the "honorable" Yank.

Burning Bridges

-- TURN 13 - Prelude to the great Battle? --

AACW 2012-05-12 12-24-19-21.jpg

In Mississipi, things developed a bit different than I had expected.

For some reason, Grant sort of anticipated Breckinridges move to the East, and appeared before Jackson just when it was only defended by 1200 men, and slaughtered them all. Does the AI have spotting advantages?

The ca 3,500 reinforcements which I had sent to Jackson retreated and managed to link up with Breckinridges stack on the march, a nice feature of the game. This brings the total force we have on the Meridian sector to 30,000.
Hardee took over command from Wheeler, who didn't show much luck as a Corps commander, and is planned to command Whartons Cavalry Division again (as it actually was at the beginning of the game).

Another 20,000 are available somewhat East, in a separate battle around the Alabama river: Ewell's/Hill's command and a fresh force under Polk (8,500), which just arrived by railway from Georgia.

Meanwhile Sherman made the predictable move north to Meridian.

Johnstons planned march in the south didn't get very far, because he failed with his forced march (65% success chance LOL) and another "miracle" stack of 10,000 appeared before him. His 600 cavalry which I had sent ahead on reconnaissance was wiped out by that stack.

But at least he appears to have found some provisions on the way, for he now has food for almost 2.5 turns He may be in a position to take back Jackson in the next turn, which would bring all my armies closer together.

Only Gardner remains with one Division (8,000) in Baton Rouge.

AACW 2012-05-12 12-24-48-31.jpg

Hardee's victory against 1,200 Union cavalry (it should be Breckinridge). +1 NM

AACW 2012-05-12 12-25-42-71.jpg

The massacre at Jackson. Our General Maury was killed, but he wasn't much good anyway. -1 NM

Losses and national morale gains in the two battles completely evened out.

AACW 2012-05-12 12-26-14-54.jpg

In the East, the Union is apparenty still breaking out into no mans land.

The only purpose I could see for this is to get control of the railway. But since our northern line is broken in several places, and is practically indefensible, I had already made the decision to concentrate only on the southern railway through the Carolinas, Georgia

I will however need to try and sabotage the union railway in the Culpepper/Manassas area, so that they cannot establish a staging ground for another offensive, and will be cut off from the railway during Winter.

Stuart's Corps was located to St. Petersburg, because the supply situation is getting more problematic even in Virginia.

I will have to protect the important depots and crossings. I also send a lot of wagons to move supplies north and south (ca 10 supply units, 3 of which captured ones from the Union)

AACW 2012-05-12 12-28-39-53.jpg

A transport ship and some reinforcements arrived in our new naval supply base Tallahassee (Florida). Due to the audacious move to sail on the shortest route, they took 1000 casualties from the union fort batteries at New Orleans. Not good to lose men like this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom