Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Let's catch plasma in Xenonauts: an Ironman LP

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Sign me up!

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
If you are in need of someone on a Big Gun duty (like Rocket Launchers or other weapons of mass carnage), sign me up.

tindrli

Arcane
BROS!!!! i just want to mention that im still alive and im eager to get back on a frontline!!

urV6st.jpg

this beauty is dooing her best to keep me alive :D

Update 2: Dissect & Inspect

5th Sep - 9th Sep

The corpses we hauled back from the crashsite grant us a shitload of logs from our chief science officer. I've taken the liberty of updating my journal the Xenopedia on page 1.
RcF2dq6.png

All is quiet on the western front until...
30mXEuQ.png

These critters burn a lot easier than the one we took out before.
DXMRzsx.png

One of the UFOs escape, but we hunt down a second and send off the dropship to the first crash.
LeRUQcD.png

Initial reconnaissance puts us at the South-West corner of the map. The UFO is almost directly up the street.
XJ2AsMX.jpg

First contact is to the East. Red shirt with a regular plasma weapon.
PtpMQ2e.jpg

Many moles pop-up in the grounded UFO.
4OhLJz8.jpg

Milven is knocked into his/her/ITZ special place - nothing stops these phasers set to stun.
C0nhB3x.jpg

Presented with a difficult shot: two lots of piping between him and a crouched target. Ashery gives precisesly zero fucks :smug:
YLFt9SF.jpg

No way am I charging down a minimum of 3 baddies. Gaius Maximus sets up, ready to blow down the fucking doors.
iDi36OH.jpg

:incline:
yREQAn2.jpg

A Viper legged it from the fire and the smoke. Night Goat takes his shot...
AobJjPF.jpg

And misses, hitting the fuel tank with explosive with results. What kind of stupid cunt places a tank full of volatile fuel right next to a bloody warehouse?
nx4CcdJ.jpg

Ashery and our rifles start to smash the entrance, covering asfasdf as he prepares for an assault, when suddenly random Caesun out of nowhere.
r4vhGeM.jpg

Cowards die in shame! :x
CnHTZru.jpg

Needless to say, surrounded by Xenonauts, in the open, this alien was fucked.
teA2lUm.jpg

Plunder is sweet, and we captured a Guard to boot.
7TFcly6.png

But the day ain't over yet. A few slaps in the face and we're ready to rock and roll in the second round :smug:
sazhYxT.png

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I see you can use AK-47 instead of the shitty plastic toys for cannon fodder from wrong side of Iron Curtain :incline:
PS. I need to check these mods and start my playthrough already.

Last edited:
AK-47 will be for the riflemen dedicated enough to specifically ask for one :M

And, thanks to your general incompetence and nerves of marshmallow, we have our first RIP +M

lightbane

Arcane
You know, these vipers look quite alien when compared to the rest of our extraterrial foes :M
Anyway, Private Bane is ready to serve as a rifleman!
Now, how and when do I get out of this chickenshit outfit and get actual armor? :)

Update 3: Abominations

9th Sep - 12th Sep

Milven dives straight into the action, drawing fire and blatting away with her peashooter at a new strain of Xenos - the reptilian overlord.
945RijU.jpg

Facing the full weight of fire from a metal box full of angry cunts, the lizard drops after one broadside.
Etfb3ao.jpg

An egg is hidden behind a crate down the street to our West, but we're not in position to focus on it as we leave the Dropship under fire.
uqxbu15.jpg

A civvie cops a blast as we continue to move up into firing positions and create all round defense.
C3N5d6g.jpg

A thing that looks rather like a zombie lumbers around the corner. Ashery gives it a traditional Human welcome.
4zkDEXW.jpg

Feeling left out, Gaius Maximus chips in, unaware of the civilian hiding behind the wall :M
ZGREe5M.jpg

Damn is that thing tough. A full 12 round burst from Paxton Fettel and it's still standing.
tZxp9Os.jpg

Milven and Night Goat combine to show some effective close range automatic fire.
ZZ1pqCB.jpg

Lizards advance, but they don't seem to be good shots.
GWge0SG.jpg

Sitting tight, our machinegunner finds the reptilian aliens a lot softer target.
VzpBAK7.jpg

The call is made to reinforce our position and let them come to us.
wAAlWhR.jpg

A call that almost costs Paxton Fettel his life when a lizardman breaks cover to shoot him, but draws the zombie into the open. It takes Night Goat going full auto and a load of buckshot at point blank range before finally dropping.
r3mHJl3.jpg

In unrelated news, she-potato finally kills the egg, opening up our left flank.
RjqYdFs.jpg

Fettel gets his revenge when our rocketeer blows up a reptile, exposing a zombie in the process.
w2BnLZQ.jpg

Expecting it to charge straight through the warehouse, we're rewarded by it doing exactly that.
HoEj23V.jpg

Oh abomination, you so silly.
cYXCxQr.jpg

Even in the open, it still takes fucking everyone to kill it.
s8H3SyX.jpg

One lizard gets popped by some quality reaction fire as it tries to pop in and out of the UFO.
lGOxyEc.jpg

And the final one gets its cover blown up and then destroyed with a burst from Night Goat
POrAgAP.jpg

Glory and profit :smug:
Aiybeue.png

New glorious Soviet technology greets soldiers on return.
qulGWFg.png

And our scientists gleefully dissect both living and dead Xenos, naming the enemy races we faced on the previous mission Sebillian and Gargol, as well as remarking on their delightful procreation.
ahHvDyd.png

We fully research the Hunter Scout Car and set to work researching Alien Interrogation. Apparantly waterboarding and sleep deprivation doesn't work on them.
AgW1STB.png

Keeping our Condors in reserve, our USSR fighter is dispatched on a solo mission, but we order it to track the UFO until it's above land.
hXTa2wv.png

The alien pilot is so scared he grounds hisITZ ship, so we simply attack it.
PF3zp2K.png

Lock 'n' load 'nauts! It's bug hunting time.
OfXQG6E.png

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Damn, full LMG auto + whole team and still standing? Truly faithful to the original.

Dead Guy

Cipher
Are you using your full A-team on every mission so far, have you been lucky with all the injuries healing before the next drop? I frequently find myself throwing a guy or two from the B list in a few times per month.

Are you using your full A-team on every mission so far, have you been lucky with all the injuries healing before the next drop? I frequently find myself throwing a guy or two from the B list in a few times per month.
No fully fledged A team yet. 10 blokes of reasonably equal skill. The only star player is Ashery, who will smack a target for 70 damage pretty much every time he has a shot.

The melee creatures seem to want to end their turn out of our blokes LOS. This leads them to end their turn behind our lines, in the open, right behind a body wielding a shotgun. A little disappointing.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
We all know this LP needs Sarge Ulminati back to bathe the unclean in the purity of flame.

Update 4: We're Gonna Need A Bigger Gun

12th Sep - 12th Sep

To the West of our landing zone there is a wide open field, populated by tractors, hay dales, a couple of Sebillian's and an egg. To the South there is a single barn, with a single tile cap between the edge of the map and a hedge.
iIHlkvI.jpg

The retaliation for the lovetap on Tindrli is XTREME...
0AdAd7f.jpg

Though Gaius shot his load short, Ashery fists a hole in one of the Xenos, Dextermorgan riddling the other with rifle fire, before glorious Grzegorz Brzęczyszczykiewicz Greg sends them off to hell with a double burst from the LMG she just claimed for many potato.
5WSlYpu.jpg

More eggs. Though they seem to only have a short range for their attacks, they're resistant to bullets and quite an annoyance.
HmHUR93.jpg

Golden boy Ashery pops another mole after it popped into our line of sight for an extreme range snipe at one of our rifle bros.
ARd0d1n.jpg

Our advance is slow, systematic, leaving no prisoners and showing no mercy. This guard KO'd Milven with his blaster before dropping to our wall of fire.
059LvIC.jpg

Another enemy spotted, Greg ducks away from the hedge into safety.
D6MnPif.jpg

Faith and a big fuck off lump of steel is Tindrli's shield versus the reptile's plasma shotgun
AjKabz2.jpg

GODLIKE! Greg mows down another Xenos with her machine gun, making it 5 kills in this mission so far.
6EK68ma.jpg

Scratch another grub.
ANTLVD4.jpg

Now we just have to punch our way through a trio of Gargol's to get to the undamaged UFO and its sweet, sweet loot.
Od7axhc.jpg

Our bros start pounding on the one in the open...
Z3xV3VY.jpg

It gives precisely zero fucks and charges us down!
dmEnMe3.jpg

Causing Dextermorgan and Ashery to piss themselves.
0dJMQSx.jpg

Greg tries but she cannot bring it down...
MTUzO60.jpg

In desperation, Gaius Maximus snaps a rocket in the Gargol's direction...
RHJR2rT.jpg

Tindrli is our last hope, but his peashooter can only tickle.
KuZy4zq.jpg

ITZ COMING!
77vuri2.jpg

Well shit, that was anti-climatic.
0urfwBf.jpg

Still, the way the Gargol regenerates means Gregsy needs to blast it into oblivion, no chances taken.
kQ7OxG3.jpg

But the nightmare isn't over...
Lu7csYb.jpg

Night Goat gets nommed, and with Ashery suppressed and Dextermorgan having dropped her rifle, we've got so much less firepower
V2KZ0gO.jpg

Manning up, he brasses the Xenos up with full auto before getting the fuck out.
bJ11J68.jpg

Greg and asfasdf battle the inevitable...
5fWe01V.jpg

But the final blow belongs to Ashery, who can make 2 65% shots.
mYTkmwF.jpg

Ashery! You were meant to be the chosen one! You were meant to save us! :negative:
ll63FO8.jpg

Tindrli takes the child-abominations to ass and thigh like a true man.
q1j9a0w.jpg

Whipping out his shotgun, Gaius Maximus delivers 4 pounding blows to the first Gargol.
hcu04U7.jpg

Our dedicated assaulter brings his own to the party.
vd6L7of.jpg

Dextermorgan moves to the side of asfasdf, but she can't kill it. We have a single shot remaining...
Q7cxEHY.jpg

This time Ashery doesn't make the same mistake.
cyBUukX.jpg

B5Ldq7X.png

RIP tindrli, the first of many :salute:

Last edited:

Dead Guy

Cipher
Man, the brutal ass rape of this mod makes my vanilla game look like XCOM: Enemy Unknown in comparison.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom