Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Catch Jack the Ripper - 3

Kz3r0

Arcane
The adjourned tally, between parenthesis the second choices:

A (A)

BBBB (B)

CCC (CCC)

DDDDD

E

GG

II

(L)proposed by me. :M

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I guess I'll change my vote from G to B. Anything to avoid (D)umbfuck.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Ulminati said:
I guess I'll change my vote from G to B. Anything to avoid (D)umbfuck.
And I follow you, so here is the actual situation after the flopping:

A (A)

BBBBBB

CCC (CCC)

DDDDD

E

G

I

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Playing a small time mobster could be fun I guess, but the political intrigue of the police sounds better.

E, with B as the second choice.

Obviously, the first thing we need to do is to assassinate Queen Victoria's physician and the murders will stop. :M

laclongquan

Arcane
Right! I'm jumping in.

All characters are not very immersive so I go the default :obviously: choice

The :obviously: Tower. We are considering further forays into high politics. This seem to be an intriguing case with high potential for blackmail, coverup, and conspiracy. No stone shall be unturned, I assure you :obviously:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Kz3r0

Arcane
New page, new tally.:M

A (A)

BBBBBB (BB)

CCC (CCC)

DDDDD

EEE

G

I

ironyuri

Fucking faggots making alts to change votes, how do they work?

lightbane

Arcane
A sounds pretty Codexian without being too extreme, so I vote for the Magus.

ironyuri

I figure A would be the most fun because he will be a dandy impressionistic painter, and he has no skills or OP shit like people to rely on, just the whores he fucks.

Also, he's not Oscar Wilde, more like one of the pre-Raphaelites probably. Except less of a faggot (depending on how we play him).

I think it would be better to play a character like the Magus where our interest in the Ripper is purely amateur and artistic, so that we don't come out with OP shit. He also gets an extra turn per day/night cycle to do shit and has a steady income.

grotsnik

Arcane
ironyuri said:

To be fair, it isn't the most suspicious vote we've ever had. Not like that time Roxor wandered into the thread stating openly that he hadn't actually read any of it, but root had told him to vote for the same thing as root. With a little detective work, it was fairly obvious that someone (I don't think we'll ever know who it was) had got to him.

Here's a Sickert, incidentally. Man loved his nudes on beds.

sensation_039.jpg

ironyuri

grotsnik said:
ironyuri said:

To be fair, it isn't the most suspicious vote we've ever had. Not like that time Roxor wandered into the thread stating openly that he hadn't actually read any of it, but root had told him to vote for the same thing as root. With a little detective work, it was fairly obvious that someone (I don't think we'll ever know who it was) had got to him.

Here's a Sickert, incidentally. Man loved his nudes on beds.

Wiki said:
In 1976, Stephen Knight, in his book Jack the Ripper: The Final Solution, maintained that Sickert had been forced to become an accomplice in the Ripper murders. Knight's information came from Joseph Gorman, who claimed to be Sickert's illegitimate son. Even though Gorman later admitted he had lied, Knight's book was responsible for a conspiracy theory that accuses royalty and freemasonry of complicity in the Ripper murders.

tumblr_lacwqtNRSM1qcvwheo1_400.jpg

Moar Sickert.

Anyway, grotbro, my concern was that the voter has only one post on the 'Dex, and it's in this thread. With none of the usual introduction new LP posters write.

Anyway, A should win because Sickert is great.

oscar

Arcane
I'm thinking C at the moment. Tom Wise sounds the most likeable of any of the characters really and I like his background.

I also like the sound of E, as I like the sound of directing the "macro" strategy of the police. And, as said, we can't really do much worse than in real life :D

B, The Emperor also sounds quite fun, and looks like the character we are most likely to succeed with.

So a vote for all three I guess!

ironyuri

@grotsnik:

Morrissey - Jack the Ripper

Some musical inspiration for your writing (I'll always have Morrissey handy for any situation).

"... but tonight you presume too much... too much... and if it's the last thing I ever do, I'm gonna get you!"

WetWorks

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014
Watched some discovery show where author Patricia Cornwall examined the ripper and proclaimed that Sickert was the ripper. What i remember was that she suggested that Sickert had a deformed cock and was unable to perform sexually, which gave birth to a hatred of women.

She also suggested that the above painting of the woman was evidence of his complicity, either serving as inspiration or a memento (can't remember which).

While i don't put much stock in it, it adds to the unending mythos of Jack the Ripper.

SoupNazi

ironyuri said:
TBH I made that alt for the space sim game, not to change votes. It just seemed convenient to use now. :lol:

Kz3r0

Arcane
New page, new tally.

AAA (A)

BBBBBB (BBB)

CCCCC (CCCC)

DDDDD

EEE

G

I

Counted Oscar as a C.:M

Edit:
To preserve democracy a D was removed.

ironyuri

SoupNazi doesn't get an extra vote, so strike one of those Ds off.

Potato bloc faggotry.

:rpgcodex:

Alts are popamole bro.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Show/Hide :: Click here to show/hide the hidden post made by Vaarna_Aarne.
:thumbsup:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom