Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kodex Kommunistic Kolony in Rimworld, Season 1

Inf0mercial

Augur
So here is a question how the fuck are outside forts supposed to survive sieges? Inside my mountains i am fine i can ignore them unless they get a lucky shot on my outside power lines to solar stations, but building outside forts??? Do steel houses prevent Mortar bombardment? I can't find an answer and i figure i would ask before i get around to making a game just to test. Is there anyway to block mortar shots besides mountain homes?

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
So here is a question how the fuck are outside forts supposed to survive sieges?

You can always attack yourself, attempt to break the siege. Just go there and kill everybody. Or snipe enemy builders before they set up mortars. Or use your own mortars.

Is there anyway to block mortar shots besides mountain homes?

Probably not, but who cares? They have extremely low accuracy. Unless you're trying to hit a crowd of people, mortars will most likely miss. So usually you need to build a bunch of mortars and secure a large stock of shells if you plan to rely on them at some point.

Inf0mercial

Augur
So here is a question how the fuck are outside forts supposed to survive sieges?

You can always attack yourself, attempt to break the siege. Just go there and kill everybody. Or snipe enemy builders before they set up mortars. Or use your own mortars.

Is there anyway to block mortar shots besides mountain homes?

Probably not, but who cares? They have extremely low accuracy. Unless you're trying to hit a crowd of people, mortars will most likely miss. So usually you need to build a bunch of mortars and secure a large stock of shells if you plan to rely on them at some point.

Its the fact that Mortar goes through roofs and bad Accuracy? That doesn't matter when i have 5 guys who can't attack the 7 guys they set up the mortar (in one case two) and then they have 30 shells to lob at me, had this happen 3 times in a row different forts every time they come with like 20-30 shells and bombard into the base. Also every single siege i have had has a sniper or two with them and outnumber me, and i have captured every single person i could.

This nearly feels like i am forced to build into the mountain as i can't prevent them from bombarding my bedrooms and killing colonists in their beds. Not a big issue just annoys the shit outa me as it prevents outside forts i would like to use.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I for one, am looking forward to the winter. When it's snowy outside and the interior is crowded, it will either lead to a massive slaughter among the cabin fever'd KommuKolonists, or much ... butthurt.

The colonists now love, hate, abuse, cheat, dominate, friendzone, and basically just SPAM MAJOR DRAMA almost every day.
We were promised emotionally engaging romances Fifty Shades of Butthurt after all!
I almost feel sorry for Kalinski if Trudy the chubby mamushka doesn't return in time... Nah, just kidding. +M

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
This nearly feels like i am forced to build into the mountain as i can't prevent them from bombarding my bedrooms and killing colonists in their beds. Not a big issue just annoys the shit outa me as it prevents outside forts i would like to use.

Building into the mountain has its own disadvantages, and losing bedrooms is not as tragic as it seems. Worse things could happen to your colony, trust me on that.

We were promised emotionally engaging romances Fifty Shades of Butthurt after all!

We don't have any females in the colony yet. And all males are kind of indifferent to each other. Also, no family members.

But just you wait.

Inf0mercial

Augur
By the way Grimwulf i am now scared to shit to keep my people in the same room as i had bugs burst up in my doctors room luckily she survived but trying to kill bugs in a 3x3 room with a door?
:shredder:

I ended up sending a brave man forward to get beaten up while 2 guys shot the giant spiders in the face, one of my best shots is the chef so he gets to cook his kill and see what it tastes like, nearly forgot to kill the actual hive, i did consider walling it off and installing a turret for a constant food source but my base layout is fucked enough as it is.

Ashery

Prophet
So here is a question how the fuck are outside forts supposed to survive sieges? Inside my mountains i am fine i can ignore them unless they get a lucky shot on my outside power lines to solar stations, but building outside forts??? Do steel houses prevent Mortar bombardment? I can't find an answer and i figure i would ask before i get around to making a game just to test. Is there anyway to block mortar shots besides mountain homes?

Outside an unlucky siege when you've only got your starting three, particularly if they're poor ranged combatants, you counter-attack immediately. The sieging AI is pretty passive, so it's like shooting fish in a barrel for the first part of the engagement. Once you've killed a couple and they decide to charge, you'll likely be able to outrun them and reach the safety of your turrets in base.

Also, replace the walls for key structures (freezers particularly) with stone ones as soon as possible, otherwise an unlucky incendiary round can easily screw up your entire base as you'll be unable to fight fires in cramped, interior spaces and they'll quickly get out of control.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
lW0ir7U.png
*Snores louder than nuclear explosion*

i8FmYMg.jpg
*Throws boots at Grimwulf, but misses* Fucking eye, piece of shit. Fucking Grimwulf too. This ain't no life.

LEqIuDq.jpg
I'll go for a walk, men.

hY9pcdU.jpg

i8FmYMg.jpg
Can't sleep to his snoring too, eh?

LEqIuDq.jpg
No, it's not that. I have a feeling about the upcoming day. A bad feeling.

13th of Fall, 5500

i8FmYMg.jpg
*shivers* Gotta get a grip.

DU5tufY.jpg

i8FmYMg.jpg
What is wrong with you, weather?

3qG85R0.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
I will tell you ungrateful bastards how to deal with cold weather. It's a slav secret. Are you ready? ARE YOU?!

Kcw9Z8t.jpg

LEqIuDq.jpg
Vodka?

i8FmYMg.jpg
Squatting?

lW0ir7U.png
AND GRUELING LABOUR! That's it, now both of you are officially slavs. Na zdorovie!

One hour later.

LEqIuDq.jpg
RYAN, what a coincidence! Didn't know you are chillin' at the same club. It's pretty cool here, right?

Tr76ic8.png
Y-yes. V-very c-c-c-cool. J-just c-c-chilling.

kTk5r57.jpg

LEqIuDq.jpg
You're looking good, Ryan. Working out? Eating well?

Tr76ic8.png
K-k-kill me.

LEqIuDq.jpg
Feeding you this particular shashlik batch is basically the same! I mean, can you even stand the smell? Holy hell, I wouldn't be surprised if that one is made of Servant. Did I tell you about Servant? A great man, a heroic man. He believed in this colony, and died to defend it. And nobody had to convince him, RYAN.

Later this morning.

FqkUPQB.jpg
*pssshhhh* Anybody still alive out there? Come in.

lW0ir7U.png
*psshhh* This is Grim Crimson speaking, Karl Marx incarnated. State your political views at once. Over.

LEqIuDq.jpg
*psh pshh* Hehe, sorry for that. Our leader Grimwulf here has a weird sense of humour. Or maybe he's gone nuts again, you never know. So, who are you?

FqkUPQB.jpg
We came from the District to help.

50CnZOd.jpg

LEqIuDq.jpg
Oh. More guys who just love stabbing mechos with kitchen knives. *sigh* Really glad to have you with us.

nyZ1gKH.jpg

FqkUPQB.jpg
Hey! My group volunteered to come here and save your sorry asses. And I'm only doing it for the sake of one particular drunkard, who might or might not even be here. Show some fucking appreciation.

LEqIuDq.jpg
Let me guess. You are looking for Grimwulf.

FqkUPQB.jpg
No. For the pilot who crashed that excuse of a starship. Azira.

LEqIuDq.jpg
Wait. Nelson?

rwDcqMw.jpg

FqkUPQB.jpg
Come over here, elder brother. It's been too long.

ncfOCCU.jpg

FlNHrKH.jpg
It's really you. When a stranger told me that your ship crash landed in this area, I thought he was bullshittin' me. What. The HELL. Are you doing here, Azira?

LEqIuDq.jpg
Oh, you know. Was flying near this system, saw this planet, thought about your bar. Then remembered that you still owe me 70 credits. So. Why not pay you a visit, I thought?

RafTHPg.jpg

FlNHrKH.jpg
Why not? WHY NOT?! Maybe because the orbit has more space junk than you can dodge in sober state! But, looking at how far from the District you crashed, I'm sure you wasn't sober when it happened! How could your captain allow this?

LEqIuDq.jpg
He might have been *coughs* sleeping. Deeply. I didn't want to wake him up just to ask his permission for a little detour.

FlNHrKH.jpg
So you basically crashed the ship, killing god knows how many people on board, just because you were looking for the nearest bar?!

LEqIuDq.jpg
Let's not forget 70 credits you owe me.

Ndu8S6z.jpg
Ahem. I hate to interrupt this touching family reunion. Nelson?

FlNHrKH.jpg
Yes. Right. Azira, meet Sparkles and the rest of my team: Palmer, Lowell and Lilith. They are capable and loyal. Time to put an end to your mechanoids problem.

LEqIuDq.jpg
What? Wait. Forget about mechanoids - we are coming with you, to the District. It's just four of us: me, Grimwulf, Kalin, and Ry... Actually, scratch that - just three of us.

Ndu8S6z.jpg
It's not that simple, ace. The District is overpopulated. Each year more and more citizens are banished or executed. We don't accept strangers, be it someone's brothers or not.

FlNHrKH.jpg
Remember those poor bastards who came here before us?

LEqIuDq.jpg
The knife masters?

FlNHrKH.jpg
Aye. They were banished too. Our Mayor would accept them back only if they killed your centipedes. In melee combat. Thus proving themselves worthy of being pardoned.

LEqIuDq.jpg
That's just fucked up. Why are you here then?

FlNHrKH.jpg
To tell you that those 70 credits were mine to begin with. I won that bet fair and square!

LEqIuDq.jpg
You cheated! I was drunk, and you knew it.

Ndu8S6z.jpg
We are here, because your brother Nelson is overly sentimental. He was worried about you, and insisted that we follow his lead, and deal with your problem.

FlNHrKH.jpg
... Yes, it is true. I want you to build your own home on this planet, Azira. Trust me, no better place for a new colony than your old ship's wreckage. That's how the District was founded, and most of other major settlements too.

Ndu8S6z.jpg
Honestly, Azira - none of us is happy to be here. Let's get this over with, for the love of god.

FlNHrKH.jpg
Lead the way. We'll talk later.

ak7iWo8.jpg

LEqIuDq.jpg
Ok, that's as far as we can go. I see one of them. The other must be inside the cryo facility.

FlNHrKH.jpg
Good. Try to shoot its head or sensors, that will give us an edge. I'll draw its fire on myself while you do it. Sparkles, go tell the others to stay behind the cliffs and wait for my command. Then come back here.

Ndu8S6z.jpg
Roger that.

LEqIuDq.jpg
Wait, I will call Grim and Kalin. *pssshhhh* Red Base, come in.

lW0ir7U.png
*psshhh* Ye?

LEqIuDq.jpg
We are about to blow up the centipedes. For real this time. Care to join?

lW0ir7U.png
You want Kalin to club them to death? I can't join as well.

LEqIuDq.jpg
Why not?

lW0ir7U.png
Because I'm the ONLY ONE who actually does SOMETHING about incoming Winter! Good luck, though. Over and out.

FlNHrKH.jpg
Impressive teamwork, Azira. Glad you still have so many friends at your age.

LEqIuDq.jpg
You could bring me a bottle instead of sarcasm.

FlNHrKH.jpg
I run a bar, not a charity. Are you going to shoot or not?

LEqIuDq.jpg
Fuck's sake, Nelson. I hope you know what you are doing. Lots of men died to these 'pedes.

FlNHrKH.jpg
Good. They must be damaged in previous encounters. Less work for us. Shoot that thing already, damn you!

LEqIuDq.jpg
Here goes nothing. *bang*

791F40S.jpg

FlNHrKH.jpg
Did you hit it?

LEqIuDq.jpg
Yes. And now this thing is pissed.

FlNHrKH.jpg
That was the plan. Keep shootin'. HEEEEEEEEEEEY, YOU MECHANOID BUTTPLUG! OVER HERE!

EFDGKWs.jpg

FlNHrKH.jpg
AARGH..!

Ndu8S6z.jpg
Nelson!

FlNHrKH.jpg
I'm fine! Stay back! AZIRAAAH!

LEqIuDq.jpg
*bang*

DzurcvN.jpg

LEqIuDq.jpg
The second centipede is here! It's shooting fucking napalm rockets!

FlNHrKH.jpg
GOOD! Then aim for it, COME ON!

LEqIuDq.jpg
*bang*

BYycWBk.jpg

FlNHrKH.jpg
Did you hit it?!

LEqIuDq.jpg
Yes! Now both of them are coming for us!

FlNHrKH.jpg
Sparkles, is everyone on position?

Ndu8S6z.jpg
Ready and waiting, Nelson.

dbaTYcV.jpg

FlNHrKH.jpg
Azira, FALL BACK! Behind the cliffs, go, go!

ngQqbiZ.jpg

LEqIuDq.jpg
What are we doing, Nelson?! It's a suicide mission!

FlNHrKH.jpg
*limping, panting* Just keep up the good work, brother.

Ndu8S6z.jpg
NELSON, WATCH OUT!

QB6dsjL.jpg

bS3VaSf.jpg
HRGH

Ndu8S6z.jpg
NELSON!

ytsuhTM.jpg
I'm FINE! EVERYONE ATAAAAAAACK!!!

raqH12Q.jpg

Ndu8S6z.jpg
Watch out! *Throws grenades*

4fL7xGp.jpg

ytsuhTM.jpg
FUCK! THEY GOT LILITH!

zwJClTa.jpg

LEqIuDq.jpg
I swear, these things are fucking immortal. WHY WON'T YOU DIE?!

FdotWRD.jpg

ytsuhTM.jpg
COME ON, YOU METAL PIECE OF--

Hdk0TId.jpg

Ndu8S6z.jpg
NO!!!

LEqIuDq.jpg
Nelson, STAY DOWN! They will ignore you if y--

Ndu8S6z.jpg
AAAAAAAAAAAA!!

Gxbz90A.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
*psshh* Azira, come in. Have you started a fucking war out there?

LEqIuDq.jpg
Nelson..?

HvogJFB.jpg

Ndu8S6z.jpg
DIE, DIE, D-- AAAGH!!

8UyxUWm.jpg

LEqIuDq.jpg
Nelson! NELSOOON! *bang* FUCK!!! *bang* *bang*

8rYTThI.jpg

LEqIuDq.jpg
*bang*

ChzzEnp.jpg

Ndu8S6z.jpg
Holy shit... *panting* He did it... FALL BACK! FALL BACK!!

LEqIuDq.jpg
NO! We kill the second one! *bang* WE KILL ALL OF THEM! *bang*

q7LPSK6.jpg

Ndu8S6z.jpg
AZIRA, YOU SONOFA-- oh my god

cptwnxc.jpg

LEqIuDq.jpg
HOLD ON, SPARKLES! *bang*

RJu4Ozq.jpg

Ndu8S6z.jpg
Valhalla, here I come! AAAAAA *throws grenade*

C3yXqR1.jpg

Ndu8S6z.jpg
A-alive? *huff* I'm still alive.

IkfcwV1.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
*pshh pshhhhh* Azira, holly hell, come the fuck in. Respond! Over!

LEqIuDq.jpg
*pshh* ... Grim.

lW0ir7U.png
So you are still alive, after all! I was almost worried about you.

LEqIuDq.jpg
... I'll be honest with you, Grim. I never thought we'll stay here for long. Maybe I was hoping to somehow return to space. Or maybe I planned on travelling to... well, some place far away. Until this day.

lW0ir7U.png
Don't tell me the centipedes are dead.

LEqIuDq.jpg
Not only the centipedes. Let's just... Let's just give this place a name, Grim. Anything will do. This is my home now.

xtyLN3W.jpg

A bit later.

lW0ir7U.png
Hmpf. Hrmf. You, uhhh, want me to stay?

LEqIuDq.jpg
No. It's ok.

9bUJycx.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
Maybe you should say some words?

LEqIuDq.jpg
... No.

lW0ir7U.png
I'll just go then. If you need to talk, then err. You should probably talk to Kalin.

gKhhmCm.jpg

LEqIuDq.jpg
Damn you, Nelson. I just wanted to have a drink with you. Maybe settle down like you. And now... Kalin?

i8FmYMg.jpg
Didn't mean to interrupt.

LEqIuDq.jpg
You didn't. I'm done here.

i8FmYMg.jpg
Want to stay for Servant's burial?

LEqIuDq.jpg
We didn't really know each other.

i8FmYMg.jpg
Nobody did. The guy was crazy, plain and simple. But in a good way. I liked him.

tHXIU9K.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
He was the best of us. At least the best of you.

NYtKbGs.jpg

i8FmYMg.jpg
Will you ever give me a minute of solitude?

lW0ir7U.png
Not now, that's for sure. The centipedes are dead, and Winter's bangin' at the door. Now all three of us will drop whatever we were doing, and go for scavenging. Right now!

tEwZp8e.jpg

i8FmYMg.jpg
You could give us a moment there, Grimwulf. Nelson and Servant deserved a proper funeral.

lW0ir7U.png
Graves ain't going anywhere. You can visit them any other moment you want. We have no time for sentiments. Wait, what the fuck?

k8ovlBg.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
That fucking thing is still functional!

i8FmYMg.jpg
Yeah, it can't get up though. Your warg completely destroyed its leg.

lW0ir7U.png
Motherfucker.

Cs4Mk98.jpg

i8FmYMg.jpg
No time for sentiments, eh?

lW0ir7U.png
Remember me?! EAT LEAD!! *opens fire*

HMT22ll.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
That's for Champion. *bang*

aO57ScR.jpg

Later that night.

Tr76ic8.png
You're not in the talking mood, doctor Azira. Did someone die?

LEqIuDq.jpg

3yHypTS.jpg

Tr76ic8.png
You can tell me, good doctor. I can help. They call people of my profession empaths - we specialize on easing the pain.

LEqIuDq.jpg
... My brother.

Tr76ic8.png
How did he die?

LEqIuDq.jpg
Killed by a centipede.

Tr76ic8.png
Did you kill that centipede?

LEqIuDq.jpg
Yes.

Tr76ic8.png
Do you feel better knowing that?

LEqIuDq.jpg
No.

Tr76ic8.png
Then it wasn't the centipede who killed your brother.

LEqIuDq.jpg
... What?

Tr76ic8.png
The only way to ease the loss of a loved one is to avenge his death, preferably as brutal as you can. That's what any psychologist or empath will say. How did he die exactly?

LEqIuDq.jpg
He was downed while fighting that thing in melee. And then... He was just gone.

Tr76ic8.png
People don't just die for no reason, doctor Azira. Who else was with you?

LEqIuDq.jpg
Nelson's team. Lilith died before that, so there was Palmer, Lowell and Sparkles.

rZKT1V4.jpg

Tr76ic8.png
Where did these people come from?

LEqIuDq.jpg
The District. Probably the only faction that doesn't want to see us dead.

lkC82Xp.jpg

Tr76ic8.png
Your brother used live there, right?

LEqIuDq.jpg
He did. He wasn't only my brother. He was my friend.

KCzVd3O.jpg

Tr76ic8.png
Tell me about that Sparkles person.

LEqIuDq.jpg
I don't know anything. She was just there. Took a major beating herself.

W2gQO4Y.jpg

LEqIuDq.jpg
She was using frag grenades, fought without fear. You have to stand very close to the target to throw those grenades, you know.

Tr76ic8.png
A-HA! Grenades! Was she anywhere close when your brother was downed? Was she throwing grenades at that moment?

LEqIuDq.jpg
Wh... Why.

Ndu8S6z.jpg
AAAAAAAAAAAA!!

Hdk0TId.jpg

Tr76ic8.png
And there you have your answer, doctor Azira.

zBy5fgA.jpg

Tr76ic8.png
If you want the pain to go away, you have to make things right. You owe it to your brother.

LEqIuDq.jpg
I... should go.

Tr76ic8.png
Have a good night, doctor Azira.

A few minutes later.

Ndu8S6z.jpg
You there. Ace.

h1b3XyD.jpg

Ndu8S6z.jpg
Sorry about your brother... You know what, fuck you! I'm not sorry! I blame YOU for his death! He was my friend and my leader. We could live a good, long life in the District if you didn't show up! Just get out of my way, and pray we'll never see each other again.

LEqIuDq.jpg
(Azira decides what to say and what to do)

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Bitch just called you a ᚾᛁᚦᛁᚴᛦ Azira. You gonna stand for that?

I say you ᚷᛟᚢᚷᛖ ᛟᚢᛏ ᚺᛖᚱ ᛖᛃᛖᛒᚨᛚᛊ ᚨᚾᛞ ᛊᚲᚢᛚᚠᚲ ᛟᚢᛏ

Last edited:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Killing her might not be a good idea with her two friends around, unless we want our KommuKolony to be a bit short of Aziras in the future gais...

We don't have any females in the colony yet. And all males are kind of indifferent to each other. Also, no family members.

But just you wait.
Hmmmmmmmm....
She is the first womyn who overcame her disgust and talked to Azira... OMG romance option! Quick, give her some korean meat as gifts and her disposition goes from "I hate your fucking guts" to "Eternal Love". Then talk to her a few times and she becomes your waifu! +M

she's clearly lashing out at azira in an attempt to draw attention away from her own 'careless' use of grenades. seems calculated. perhaps she had been plotting nelson's death for some time.

Horus

Arcane
Istanbul-Constantinople-Byzantium-Piece of land.
Guys guys, are we seriously gonna trust this Ryan person who have been eating through our much needed food reserves for days like a capitalistic pig he is?

Mark my words, he is envious of our great colony and will do whatever he can to destroy it.

Last edited:

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
"You killed him. Not me. You threw the grenade.

You owe me now. You owe Nelson.

Want to repay Nelson?

Then stay here, help build this colony. Sit by his grave. Apologise.

Or die. You choose."

Inf0mercial

Augur
Hey who knows maybe all that slacking off was just Azira building up his energy to wrestle the grenades off her and then blow up her friends, i mean we can always hope right?

edit: If he shoots her and she is low enough HP he might be able to grab the nades and blow up the rest, if you want to catch them before they leave the map, or he could run around the mountain and hope they suck at shooting, get to the base.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Well, to be fair, it's only Sparkles I have it out for. She's the stone-hearted killer. Lowell and Palmer are bystanders. They should stay out of this. And if they start shooting at/attacking me, then I'll lead them on a merry chase.

Inf0mercial

Augur
This game sometimes, i have yet to outright lose to an enemy attack after my first game and the lesson off "never build in wood the enemy will bring 2 incendiary mortars" but it always gets to the point where my whiny little bitches of colonists go into mental break cycles, they are sad they saw a lot of dead bodies of raiders they frown so i tell them to bury them so they get annoyed they never have fun so i put an hour of joy a day but they get annoyed now that the environment is ugly so i line every single area with slate tiles and lights but they still think its ugly and cramped i stare at the screen here in a bit of anger as 3 quarters of their lives are spent outside in the open sunshine.

Then they finally get sick or shot which seems to happen with regularity so they bitch and moan while in bed till they lose their shit go berserk and punch the doctor so i set 4 other guys to beat the shit out of them but they are fully in the deep end of the cycle now, they are in pain being sick and sad they got hit so every time they make a recovery they do a hard mental break and attack people leading to me then kicking the shit out of them again.

This inevitably leads to their death by either me getting fed up and telling to stab the next wave of raiders with a knife or me locking them in a room so one colonist down, this cycle repeats and i never get enough new blood to make up for it. At least DF had kids this game fucking rarely even gets married they are all chaste monks.

Do i need to rush tv's to shut these fuckers up??? I have lined my entire base with slate and lights everywhere and they still think its ugly even though its spotless, i even made an outside base once in a valley and get this, the fucks still thought it was cramped purely because their room were ONLY 6x6.

Whiny little fucks and i thought DF dwarfs were bad.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Whiny little fucks and i thought DF dwarfs were bad.

I think you're being dramatic. Codexers of the Kolony are grumpy mostly because they are Codexers. I could solve this problem by:

0. Rolling competent initial team before starting the game.
1. Assigning somebody for cleaning duty (put Clean higher in priority list);
2. Building private rooms;
3. Cooking fine meals and brewing beer.

But I can't do it. Hivemind told me to forget about private rooms. Grimwulf can't cook fine meals or brew beer. And cleaning is against tru spirit of Kommunism. However, you can do it with your colony no problem.

Do i need to rush tv's to shut these fuckers up???

Just leave your guys alone, they will know when to take a break. They don't need tv to refill joy bar, they don't need anything really. Taking a walk / cloudwatching every now and then is enough.

TV is great for hospitals (immobile patients can only have fun while watching TV) and dining/gathering rooms. You don't need to research the tech, sometimes you get a chance to buy a TV. And a gud one, not some tube shit.

Last edited:
Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Things aren't so shabby after all! First I scored a beer and now there's free loot everywhere!

Just wish we'd do something about this Ryan fellow. He's gone way beyond simply playing hard-to-get and is now way down in the muddy realm of outright welfare leeching.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
LEqIuDq.jpg
You killed him. Not me. You threw the grenade.

sAJAF4j.jpg

LEqIuDq.jpg
You owe me now. You owe Nelson. Want to repay Nelson?

Ndu8S6z.jpg
You are stepping on thin ice, Azira. Back. Off.

LEqIuDq.jpg
You will stay here. Help build this colony. Sit by his grave. Apologise.

Ndu8S6z.jpg
Or what?

LEqIuDq.jpg
*raises survival rifle* Or die. You choose.

Ndu8S6z.jpg
Fuck. You.

LEqIuDq.jpg
*bang*

Ndu8S6z.jpg
AGH, MY LEG! *tries to reach for grenade*

LEqIuDq.jpg
*bang*

QnlnIBk.jpg

You can see four gunshot wounds from survival rifle, but Azira only hit her twice.

First shot - left leg and left tribia;
Second shot - torso and left kidney.

It is possible to damage several body parts with one shot like that. If you hit the brain, you also damage the head; if you hit left tribia, you also damage left leg, etc.

LEqIuDq.jpg
Wrong choice.

Ndu8S6z.jpg
Palmer, Lowell, RUN! Tell Mayor Holly about what happened! Go, go! aaaghhh

dm5eTdt.jpg

LEqIuDq.jpg
Shut it.

Ndu8S6z.jpg
*clenches teeth in pain* Where are you taking me, maggot?

DXKtDUL.jpg

Tr76ic8.png
Huh? Back so soon, doctor? W-who is that?

Ndu8S6z.jpg
I am the death of your entire colony.

LEqIuDq.jpg
You are my prisoner now.

Ndu8S6z.jpg
Khe khehe. *Chuckles and coughs blood* You have no idea what you've done, Ace.

3HlW4pt.jpg

LEqIuDq.jpg
Lay still.

Ndu8S6z.jpg
The District will end you. All of you.

6lkMP0h.jpg

Ndu8S6z.jpg
Mayor Holly is-- AAAGRH, FFUCK!

dS4Zv7c.jpg

LEqIuDq.jpg
Did it hurt? Do you think Nelson was suffering the same when he died?

Tr76ic8.png
Doctor Azira, you are torturing this woman!

Ndu8S6z.jpg
*spits blood* Just kill me already!

LEqIuDq.jpg
You won't die, Sparkles. Not here. Not before you apologise at his grave.

dHxspZA.jpg

Ndu8S6z.jpg
AHAHA-- *coughs* Do you really think I will join you?!

LEqIuDq.jpg
You can stay here for as long as you want. Or until we run out of food. In which case you two will be considered, as we call it, emergency meat.

Ndu8S6z.jpg
You ffu... fu... fuck. *Starts losing consciousness*

FGM7Cc1.jpg

Ndu8S6z.jpg
He was m... my brethren. Too.

MKeRxJa.jpg

LEqIuDq.jpg
Sparkles?

Tr76ic8.png
She fainted. Let her sleep, doctor. Better yet... make things right.

LEqIuDq.jpg
I'll come back in the morning, Ryan. Don't do anything stupid.

Tr76ic8.png
Kill her, Doctor. Do it now.

LEqIuDq.jpg
Good night. *leaves and closes the door*

Tr76ic8.png
*sigh* So cold.

Ytk2QtQ.jpg

Ndu8S6z.jpg
*coughs*

Tr76ic8.png
Pretty lady! You are awake!

Ndu8S6z.jpg
*coughs and shivers* Something's not right.

BGoaNIO.jpg

14th of Fall, 5500

lW0ir7U.png
LET THE WORKING DAY BEGIN!

aH7WAIt.jpg

i8FmYMg.jpg
*throws a boot at Grimwulf, hits Azira instead*

LEqIuDq.jpg
Thank you, Kalin.

i8FmYMg.jpg
I hate you both, so I'll consider it a hit.

LEqIuDq.jpg
*yawns* Grim, we have a new prisoner. Could you build another bed for her? And probably start a fire or something. Ryan doesn't look so well. I'll catch up with you all *yawns* in an hour or two.

lW0ir7U.png
New prisoner has EMERGED overnight? There wasn't a single living soul around. Except those guys from... wait. Nooo, you didn't. AZIRA!

i8FmYMg.jpg
FUCK! Grimwulf, grab some wood and rags! I'll get the meds.

A bit later.

eNngTyF.jpg

Tr76ic8.png
Mr. Grim Wolf. What an unexpected surprise!

lW0ir7U.png
Shieeet. She's from the District, isn't she? Is she even alive?

Tr76ic8.png
Uhh, I think so?

lW0ir7U.png
Alright, hold on. KA-FUCKING-LIIIN!!

IZqWTAe.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
There you go. Warm fire, comfy bed. Kalin, how is she?

i8FmYMg.jpg
She's fucked up, Grim. Royally. I'll do what I can.

Opd5Im4.jpg

i8FmYMg.jpg
Come on, gurl. We don't need Districtmen coming here guns blazin'.

lW0ir7U.png
Let's move the bed closer to fire and put Sparkles on it.

FWMrB7k.jpg

Tr76ic8.png
Appreciate the fire, mr. Grim Wolf. It's much warmer here now. And you must be mr. Ka Fuck In Liiin?

i8FmYMg.jpg
Just Kalin. Grimwulf, we need to talk. Outside.

JTQenR2.jpg

i8FmYMg.jpg
He attacked them for no fucking reason! And now we are at war with District. Just great.

lW0ir7U.png
I'm thinking.

i8FmYMg.jpg
It's too late for that. Sparkles ain't gonna make it. The infection will kill her.

lW0ir7U.png
We have antibiotics.

i8FmYMg.jpg
You're not listening. She won't make it. And even if she did, it's too late!

lW0ir7U.png
What do you want from me, Kalin? If we let her go, she'll die without treatment. If we kill her, it gains us nothing. Let's see if she recovers, and then decide what to do.

i8FmYMg.jpg
Azira has gone rogue.

lW0ir7U.png
He just lost his brother, give it a rest. I'll talk to him.

Meanwhile.

Ndu8S6z.jpg
Mmmm...

sIZM2Nx.jpg

Tr76ic8.png
Pretty ladeh?

Ndu8S6z.jpg
*moans* The pain... Who are you?

Tr76ic8.png
Hello friend.

Ndu8S6z.jpg
Hello, "friend". What's your name?

Tr76ic8.png
Hello fr... Screw it. I'm Ryan.

Ndu8S6z.jpg
Sparkles. Ffuck, it hurts so bad.

Tr76ic8.png
Insane doctor Azira was torturing you the whole night. I tried to stop him, but it wasn't easy. Once he left, I tended to your wounds as best as I could.

Ndu8S6z.jpg
Azira. He will pay. I swear he will.

Tr76ic8.png
I am with you! Evil doctor must die!

Ndu8S6z.jpg
How long was I out?

Tr76ic8.png
Hard to keep track of time out here.

Ndu8S6z.jpg
*sigh*

Tr76ic8.png
Sooo. Umm. Maybe you can tell me about yourself? Just to pass time, you know.

Ndu8S6z.jpg
I'd rather not. Not much to tell anyway.

bpMPknW.jpg

Tr76ic8.png
This can't be true. Were you always that pretty?

Ndu8S6z.jpg
*cracks a smile, although somewhat sinister* Yes. From childhood.

05w5QRC.jpg

Ndu8S6z.jpg
I was an ordinary child for the most part. They called me Endlösung back in the days. Then I found my true passion, jewelry.

YzJunFA.jpg

Ndu8S6z.jpg
Hence the nickname. Sparkles.

Tr76ic8.png
You're holding up pretty well, Sparkles.

Ndu8S6z.jpg
Not really.

EkUjYIV.jpg

Ndu8S6z.jpg
Azira will torture me until the day they run out of food. Right after that... well. Let's just say I don't blame them.

8VEO7BN.jpg

Tr76ic8.png
No. One way or another, we will be free.

Ndu8S6z.jpg
Shh. Someone's coming.

i8FmYMg.jpg
Full medical examination! Ryan, you first.

KoNv3nd.jpg

i8FmYMg.jpg
A frostbite! *spits on Ryan's left ring finger* Should be fine now.

Tr76ic8.png
That's some heavily advanced medical treatment, doctor Kalin. I hope I can return the favor one day.

i8FmYMg.jpg
Please, I'm not a real doctor. Just call me My Lord and Saviour. As for you, pretty thing... Shit.

ZNF5My5.jpg

Ndu8S6z.jpg
What?

i8FmYMg.jpg
I, uhh. You are recovering just fine. Try not to move, alright? Doctor Azira will take you from here.

Later that day.

LEqIuDq.jpg
Eat.

Dgu2qss.jpg

Tr76ic8.png
That shashlik looks especially disgusting, doctor. No offence intended for mr. Grim Wolf. Are those... testicles?

LEqIuDq.jpg
Dog testicles. Long story.

Ndu8S6z.jpg
Just kill me, you mad fuck! Or I WILL make you regret leaving me alive!

LEqIuDq.jpg
You will recover. And then we shall have a long conversation. Now, let me look at your wounds.

Ndu8S6z.jpg
More tortures?

LEqIuDq.jpg
I'm trying to help, believe it or not. I'm just not very good at it. Yet.

WUM39um.jpg

Ndu8S6z.jpg
HHHNNNNGG

LEqIuDq.jpg
Now RYAN over here would probably do a better job. But he refuses to join the colony. A man of principles he is.

2SWUcAb.jpg

Tr76ic8.png
I'm staying right here, doctor Azira. Someone has to stay with Sparkles at all times.

LEqIuDq.jpg
Suit yourself. Now, I need to help the others with scavenging. Will be back in a few hours.

Later that night.

FqkUPQB.jpg
*psshhh* Is this, err... Kodex Kommustic Kolony?

lW0ir7U.png
I told you, Kalin! Now people see the sign and visit us more often! *psh psh* This is Chairman of Soviet People speaking, Grand Kommissar Grimwulf. Currently in bad mood. Over.

FqkUPQB.jpg
Oh! We, umm, came from Honesty's Cave. A trading caravan. Do you care for some trading, perchance?

LdZAj4p.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
TRADING is the very foundation of Communism! Welcome, friends! Come, I will offer you the best shashlik!

Meanwhile.

LEqIuDq.jpg
Damn.

FS0cvby.jpg

07OZg7d.jpg

How infection works:

- It may appear on unhealed body parts and organs randomly.
- It develops through several stages: minor > major > extreme > death.
- Patient's body fights the infection with immunity. Quality treatment, long rest, and sterile surroundings - all improve immunity gain speed.
- Once immunity meter hits 100%, the infection will no longer be lethal. The patient will slowly, but surely recover.
- Non-vital infected limbs and organs can be amputated instead of treated. Infected organs cannot be harvested.

LEqIuDq.jpg
Right kidney is failing. I'm afraid that surgery is inevitable.

Ndu8S6z.jpg
Don't fucking touch me. Just let me die!

Tr76ic8.png
Save her life, doctor Azira. Maybe you should amputate her leg too while at it?

LEqIuDq.jpg
I'll go for another medkit. Brace yourself, Sparkles.

Ndu8S6z.jpg
No. NO!!

I'm so tired. Need an hour to rest.

OVRwwsl.jpg

What should I do?

Chances that her body will overcome the infection are minimal. But I'm not a damn surgeon! Maybe I should ask Kalin? No. She is my responsibility.

What are the other options?

1. No surgery. She will make it, hopefully.
2. Amputate right kidney. (risk of Sparkles dying during the operation)
3. Amputate right kidney and left leg. (even higher risk of death)
4. Release her. Let her die a free woman.
5. Execute her. Put an end to her pain and misery, and bury her near Nelson.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom