Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's bring monocles and steam to the savage wilds in Clockwork Empires and get eaten by fishpeople.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
You're really persistent Storyfag..

Hellraiser

Arcane
Sogwood III:
Vendetta upon the jungle and its fishpeople.

Day 1

CE10-01.png

The latest experimental build added one very useful feature, being able to manually assign work crews to workshops.

I already got the kitchen and carpentry worskhop up, as is recommend by the Royal Manual of Colonial Design and Bureaucracy.

Day 2

CE10-03.png

Barely a day in and a fishperson raid appears. At least it is just 3 of them.

CE10-04.png

I also got some immigrants. Two farming fields are up ASAP as I need that food production to counter the fact that I can't hunt game for food. Ammo conservation and all that.

Also work has begun on a defensive perimeter constructed out of gabions.

Day 3

CE10-06.png

GUNS FOR THE GUN THRONE

Day 4

CE10-07.png

More migrants. Here you can see how I plan on fortifying the colony. Buildings double as gates and walls. Since for now fishpeople are incapable of running inside buildings or destroying doors (they can destroy gabions though), this should help minimise casualties during raids and protect my crops.

CE10-10.png

And here the fishy foes come.

BTW some of you will be pleased to know that job prioritization and AI, especially for soldiers, works a lot better now. So soldiers prioritize attack/defend tasks over building gabions and what not.

Day 5

CE10-13.png

Another fishperson raid. Madness.

Day 6

CE10-15.png

New animal, not sure how tasty it is or what is it called but colonists can hunt it.

CE10-17.png

With the northern perimeter done I focus on the south, from which more fishpeople attack. First I need to remove all the crap lying around there and flatten the terrain.

Day 7

CE10-18.png

Since I have no bullet production supply chain up and running, I get more guns and ammo.

Bah, this colony site is so far pretty poor in minerals of any kind. Mostly chalk and coal lying around. Shit may get tough without some sulphur or proper ores.

CE10-20.png

More fishpeople. BTW remember those spiky ball weapons the fishpeople sometime hold? Well, those were actually grenades, and they work now. The explosion is far less lethal than one might think, didn't lose anyone to it yet.

CE10-22.png

Ah crap, I need more farming fields. Hunting the shit out of everything, when animals flocked to civilization rather than avoid it due to a bug, made avoiding starvation pretty easy. Not so with ammo being an issue.

CE10-23.png

Starvation has particularly hit a far off work crew that was mining precious Imperial Clay. Nearest clay deposit was very far away, so a prole dying from starvation was not surprising. His overseer however takes the initiative and fights famine by butchering and eating his former subordinate.

Day 9

CE10-25.png

This time around I grab more food as there have been two more deaths due to starvation.

CE10-27.png

Seven more fishpeople to murder. Two more farming fields are up, coconuts are getting foraged by the truckload and most of the inner perimeter is done.

CE10-28.png

Well, that's piss poor timing to be caught with a log in your hands.

CE10-30.png

Luckily his comrades in arms rush to avenge Nerrick's death.

CE10-31.png

Cog is with us! The fishpeople lose morale and start routing. :incline:

Day 10

CE10-32.png

Still, one of them manges to chase off an overseer and kill him.

Day 11

CE10-34.png

A new notification. Seems some upper class colonist died. In the future those will probably be tied to prestige. I know there's a "death of an aristocrat" event lying disabled in the game files, that shit is supposed to prompt an investigation or a prestige drop.

Day 12

CE10-36.png

The colony loses a few more people due to starvation. The good news is that the fields are worked at maximum and the refinery is up. Soon the southern perimeter will be finished and I will be able to start producing much needed metal bars. Once I find some bloody ore.

To be continued...

Hellraiser

Arcane
So that LP is not dead which can eternally lie?

While the game is a lot more stable than it used to (no saves and crashes), I still encountered an annoying bug that spams the error log and makes the game pretty difficult to play. Will probably wait until they hotfix that.

Also they optimized colonist jobs which results in far less colonist chit-chat, which results in far less cult activity and less FUN. Although these bandit attacks are quite thrilling.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom