Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's bring monocles and steam to the savage wilds in Clockwork Empires and get eaten by fishpeople.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Such a deplorable lack of Ordnung. In Stahlmark, Hellraiser would've been shot.

nyt-monocle-trend-635.jpg

Hellraiser

Arcane
New Antipodia III:
Murdercults, dark energies, altar architecture and [REDACTED] with a tint of Dodo.

Day 13

CE9-002.png

Things are starting to settle down. Most fishpeople are dead, the proles work the fields again. All is well it seems.

CE9-003.png

Unfortunately a rather ominous gurgling sound made it clear that all will not be well. Tally ho! To fishpeople murdering we go!

Day 14

CE9-005.png

At sunrise I received news most ill, we lost five people to the five fishperson raiding party. And there are still fishpeople up and about. Cog save us all!

CE9-006.png

Even more men and women died. The Ministry has however provided us with emergency food.

Day 16

CE9-008.png

We are down to just ten colonists. The militia is making a poor effort to fight the fishy fiends. Some brave militiamen try to stab the foes with their bayonets, however most fail to do anything more than panic and run away.

Day 17

CE9-009.png

Food shortages force even the most noble of us to resort to eating human flesh. Ia... Ia...

CE9-011.png

We received a new officer who quickly ran to combat the fishpeople roaming up and about. However seven more fishpeople have appeared. I fear we may be doomed, or maybe blessed. Quggaroth fhtang.

Day 18

CE9-013.png

The single officer tries to rally the militiamen, killing the ichtious menace one fishperson at a time.

CE9-014.png

However all is for naught, eventually they come even for me, the sweet embrace of the dark tentacles at long last...

Game over getlemen, game over. Well, second time I get murdered by fishpeople. To be honest the main problem is that they need to work better on morale and melee attacks. That and I should really start building gabions and mines sooner.

Also I hunted too much, lost a ton of bullets on that which is probably what fucked me over the most. This is actually pretty cool, because you need to take a risk between hunting for more food and having enough ammo to prevent your colonist from becoming fishpeople chow.

Anyway once I get in the mood again (possibly tomorrow, most certainly over the weekend) I will make yet another attempt at colonizing the jungles.

Ashery

Prophet
Game over getlemen, game over. Well, second time I get murdered by fishpeople. To be honest the main problem is that they need to work better on morale and melee attacks. That and I should really start building gabions and mines sooner.

Funny thing is, building gabions will also lead to you getting killed by just a couple fish people as there's no way to easily interrupt your military squad when they're building them. And with the AI as bare-bones as it is right now, this leads to a bunch of people fleeing out of town and through the wilderness, and once they're fleeing outwards, they're as good as dead.

This is amplified in the jungle where your military personnel are in constant demand.

You *might* be able to get away with turning off the building jobs on your primary military and creating a secondary squad for construction duty.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Indeed, the suspension of the brofist function is most unfortunate in this day and age :obviously:

Maybe it is a sign of the end of the age of decline? I mean honestly, Wasteland 2 is great so far.

Right, back to to regular programming. I'll get on with playing this, don't expect an update before the weekend.

Also here's a shot of the House of Cog, as religion is supposed to be implemented soon(tm) in the current experimental build:

chapel-655x536.jpg

I wonder if Mechanist Vicars will be able to purge heresy. They will help with cults somehow, though.

Last edited:

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Indeed, the suspension of the brofist function is most unfortunate in this day and age :obviously:

Maybe it is a sign of the end of the age of decline? I mean honestly, Wasteland 2 is great so far.

Right, back to to regular programming. I'll get on with playing this, don't expect an update before the weekend.

Also here's a shot of the House of Cog, as religion is supposed to be implemented soon(tm) in the current experimental build:

chapel-655x536.jpg

I wonder if Mechanist Vicars will be able to purge heresy. They will help with cults somehow, though.

+1

I approve of this poster's agenda.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom