Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's bring monocles and steam to the savage wilds in Clockwork Empires and get eaten by fishpeople.

eklektyk

Erudite
one moar???
yes WE CAN!!!

now updatan!111!!!11

Hellraiser

Arcane
It seems like the fishpeople are more of a chore than an actual threat though. I think it would be better if their occurrence was rarer but their rape-factor higher.

I honestly think I got lucky so far, as usually they rape my crops more causing famine. It is only this biome that has higher chances of raiding though, in the colorado one attacks are more spaced out.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Explore_brokenmonocle.png

Hellraiser

Arcane
Day 26

CE5-001.png

Hunger strikes the colony. Our food stockpiles are dangerously low, the proles are close to rioting.

BODY COUNT: 16

CE5-002.png

Fishpeople continue to harass the settlement. However the militia deals with these fouls fishy foes swiftly.

CE5-003.png

Famine reaps yet another soul.

BODY COUNT: 17

CE5-004.png

Even the middle class of overseers is not except from the tragic reality of the shortage of food. I make efforts to organize more foraging parties, but I fear this may be too little too late.

BODY COUNT: 18

CE5-005.png

Well, at least all these dead bodies might make for a source of delicious meat. Wait, I said nothing, the dark whispers said it, I just repeated. Ia Ia, how lovely that sounds...

BODY COUNT: 19

CE5-006.png

Foraging of the Cog-awful fungus continues, however it is too late to save some from the reaper that is famine.

BODY COUNT: 20

CE5-007.png

Cog deliver us from hunger!

BODY COUNT: 21

CE5-008.png

At this point half of the settlers died either to famine or fishpeople raids. We must remain strong in these trying times, and pray that we will be eaten first. No, that doesn't sound right, stop saying that nonsense you shadowy figure!

BODY COUNT: 22

CE5-009.png

With even more deaths due to famine a reorganization of the militia and work crews follows. With no NCO to follow, the soldiers join irregular militias.

BODY COUNT: 23

CE5-010.png

I order more crops to be planted, yet these fools refuse to stop dying. Stop getting lethally hungry and grow fat, so that the Dark One has more flesh to savour as he devours the Human Race.

BODY COUNT: 24

Day 27

CE5-012.png

Quaggaroth curse these fools, the are unworthy of his elder wisdom, for they fail to survive and meet their fate when he rises from the ocean depths.

BODY COUNT: 25

CE5-013.png

What are these overseers if not fragile petals of a dying flower, swept away by the wind of death. Even they are nothing compared to the power and knowledge of the Great Squid that dwells in the deep.

BODY COUNT: 26

CE5-014.png

Ia Ia! The will of the Elder One will be done, the weak perish as was foretold, the strong will remain to be eaten first when he rises from beneath the waves.

BODY COUNT: 27

CE5-015.png

Build, work, gather. Prove your strength, let the unworthy perish, let them be forsaken by not becoming one in the belly of Quaggaroth. Quaggaroth fhtang!

BODY COUNT: 29

CE5-016.png

The dying continues, just as the shadows have told me it would. Oh, if only the fools in the Ministry could see this. If only they could know what the shadows taught me, the wisdom of eons that they brought me. An insight into existance that man cannot grasp.

BODY COUNT: 30

CE5-018.png

Ah, a potential servant of our Squid Lord arrives, an overseer. Soon he will see the greatness that is the Elder One. If he doesn't die like Gilbert Ores, a lack-wit fool, too weak to receive the blessings of the Lord from the Deep.

BODY COUNT: 31

CE5-019.png

I order the survivors to gather more fungus, fungus makes the Elder One happy. Ia! Ia! Quaggaroth fhtang!

BODY COUNT: 32

CE5-020.png

Luther, another weakling! If famine didn't get him I'd sacrifice his unworthy flesh to appease the Wise Squid myself.

BODY COUNT: 33

And at this point a great calamity struck. The very fabric of reality tore itself apart, non-euclidian geometry replaced what Man was familiar with. Time twisted, warped, bent, the past became the future and the present the past. Yesterday was next winter and the Sun rose in the North.

That is to say I tried to fix an issue with crashed on saving the game (at the 10th file the game encounters a runtime error). I decided to fix it by deleting old save games and renaming the newest one to file 001. It nearly worked, I left two latest save game files undeleted, both of them were broken, corrupted zip files produced during the last two crashes, the working files have been deleted.

:rage:

Well, this colony probably would have died. Maybe. I was looking forward to trying to get it back on track. Main problem was hunger spiralling out of control, combined with fish people raids on crops and colonists.

Anyway a new experimental build is out, it fixes some silly soldier behavior msotly (lol, lets drop weapons and grab shovels while prioritizing gabion construction over shooting fishpeople which are murdering our colonists).

Off to New Antipodia to show off the other biome!

Elfberserker

Liturgist
That was beautiful and amusing to watch
:excellent:

It's bit sad that your save died and we didn't get to see the end.

Anyway I cheer your attempt to make monocle colony mrk 2, despite popamole gods trying to bring you down.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I̡̯̫͉a͕̜̘̜͇!͓̖̜̫̼̻̙ ͈́I͓̮̦͇a̤̩!̼͍̟ͅ ͇̪Q̝̣͟u͘a̪͇̦͈̥g̰̯͖̱ͅͅģ̹ͅa͞r͍͓̫̗̺̩͟o͓̞t̤̠͓̞͖̭̭̕ẖ̖̩̥̱̰́ ̣͇͓͇͓̥̭f͕̪h̟̞͈͚ͅt͍̱̰͘a̘̠̫͔̲͙̬g̞̰̱̜̪͡ņ͈͍͙̹!̼̭̯̲̰̹

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Bloody entertaining old chap :salute:

Do keep us updated on any further endeavors of the Colonial Ministry :obviously:

Also, I believe it will be a jolly good idea to place enough messages here in order to reach the prestigious page 4.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom