Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Beta-Test Wasteland 2

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Obviously.

Maybe there's still hope. Are You guys seeing this?:

codex_10.jpg

hostergaard

Educated
Have you tried using a proxy to access the upload sites or something? I think there is extensions to browser that can help you access blocked sites. But I haven't been using such things very much for some time, so I am short of out of the loop about their current capabilities.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yes, I think I've mentioned this (in the other thread?). Most proxy urls/ips are also blocked and it's too much hassle to keep looking for new ones that will work for some time.

Anyway, I've found a workaround. It's not ideal, but should work without too much hassle. If we're lucky update #03 will be here tomorrow.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Previously on Let's Beta test Wasteland 2:

wl2b_up02_095.jpg

After realising Red Scorpion Militia was shooting them with imaginary bullets, WAAAGH!-style, Codex' team of Desert Rangers is a little confused, but still in high spirits after their first victory.

Update #3: Death Machines, part I

wl2b_up03_000.jpg

What does not kill you, makes you stronger. Commander Codex is now the axe cop.

wl2b_up03_001.jpg

StoryFAQ will keep his pew-pew revolver for the moment.

wl2b_up03_002.jpg

For some reason now Angela lets us use her equipment, so Erebus got Ace's Wrench, which is a minor upgrade over a regular mace.

wl2b_up03_003.jpg

Azira is the only original team member still using firearms, at least until she runs out of ammo.

wl2b_up03_004.jpg

Angela and her M1-1 Carbine.

wl2b_up03_005.jpg

codex.jpg
Good find, Azira.

wl2b_up03_006.jpg

azira.jpg
I think we've reached the edge of the map.

storyfaq.jpg
There is no such thing.

wl2b_up03_007.jpg

azira.jpg
Wait, I see something.

wl2b_up03_008.jpg

codex.jpg
Let's check it out.

wl2b_up03_009.jpg

erebus.jpg
I have bad feeling about this.

codex.jpg
Yeah, me too. SF, check if You can do something about Azira's leg. I'd prefer everyone in top condition before we seek trouble.

wl2b_up03_010.jpg

storyfaq.jpg
I can't do anything about this at the moment. Not here anyway.

azira.jpg
Man, you suck.

wl2b_up03_011.jpg

erebus.jpg
I see dead people.

wl2b_up03_012.jpg

codex.jpg
Watch out, hostiles!

wl2b_up03_013.jpg

azira.jpg
It's some kind of a machine!

wl2b_up03_014.jpg

azira.jpg
Taking cover.

wl2b_up03_015.jpg

storyfaq.jpg
My bullets do shit to it.

wl2b_up03_016.jpg

Apparently, Angela is so awesome she can make robots bleed.

wl2b_up03_017.jpg

storyfaq.jpg
Fuck.

wl2b_up03_018.jpg

azira.jpg
It poked me!

storyfaq.jpg

erebus.jpg
Hey, that's exactly like when...

codex.jpg
Let's focus on the combat, shall we.

Some borked combat log description in the screenshot above, btw (at the bottom).

wl2b_up03_019.jpg

codex.jpg
What the hell!?

azira.jpg
My ears!

storyfaq.jpg
What is this horrible noise!? I can't hear my thoughts!

erebus.jpg
...I like it...

wl2b_up03_020.jpg

Erebus and his 6 AP won't attack this turn.

wl2b_up03_021.jpg

azira.jpg
There's more of them!

codex.jpg
Well, yes. I doubt all the dead bodies were created by the poking music box here.

wl2b_up03_022.jpg

erebus.jpg
Nice hit, commander!

wl2b_up03_023.jpg

Azira shoots the rave bot for 6 damage and Angela switches her rifle to the OA-16. Its superior base damage should help overcome robots' damage resistance.

Reloading a gun takes 6 AP, so she won't be shooting this turn.

wl2b_up03_024.jpg

storyfaq.jpg
This is barely doing anything!

erebus.jpg
You should grab an axe, like commander.

wl2b_up03_025.jpg

azira.jpg
Ouch! Ow! Stop that!

wl2b_up03_026.jpg

erebus.jpg
And I will strike upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger!

wl2b_up03_027.jpg

erebus.jpg
Bam!

storyfaq.jpg
Remind me never to get on Erebus' bad side.

wl2b_up03_028.jpg

Commander Codex is hit once.

wl2b_up03_029.jpg

Same with Erebus.

wl2b_up03_030.jpg

erebus.jpg
AARGH!

And then the octotron spins into action, hitting Erebus for a total of 17 damage.

wl2b_up03_031.jpg

azira.jpg
Jesus!

Azira is subject to some reaction fire from killer robots, but fortunately they miss.

wl2b_up03_032.jpg

codex.jpg
Damnit, Azira, stop wasting ammo like that!

wl2b_up03_033.jpg

codex.jpg
Shit!

wl2b_up03_034.jpg

storyfaq.jpg
I think I'm in love...

wl2b_up03_035.jpg

azira.jpg
Out of ammo! Reloading.

Azira loads her last four shells into the shotgun. She seems to be getting more turns than the other characters, btw. Probably a result of her high perception.

Yeah, it doesn't make much sense.

wl2b_up03_036.jpg

storyfaq.jpg
*sigh*

wl2b_up03_037.jpg

erebus.jpg
You shall not pass!

wl2b_up03_038.jpg

erebus.jpg
Just die already!

wl2b_up03_039.jpg

codex.jpg
Fuck, this isn't going well...

wl2b_up03_040.jpg

azira.jpg
Commander!

wl2b_up03_041.jpg

erebus.jpg
I don't have time to bleed.

wl2b_up03_042.jpg

storyfaq.jpg
Oh, we're so fucked now.

wl2b_up03_043.jpg

storyfaq.jpg
Maybe we should run away while the bladeswinger is busy with Angela?

azira.jpg
You are such an ass.

wl2b_up03_044.jpg

azira.jpg
I think you've made her angry...

Sometimes Angela goes rogue and attacks enemies by herself. Here she is also fired upon by killers' reaction fire.

BTW, the 'AKiller' in combat log should be 'A Killer'.

wl2b_up03_046.jpg

azira.jpg
I must ask her for some tips on accurate shooting.

wl2b_up03_047.jpg

azira.jpg
Only two of them left. Moving in!

wl2b_up03_048.jpg

storyfaq.jpg
Yeah, ok. I'll just hide here until Angela destroys them... I'll, uh, flank them.

wl2b_up03_050.jpg

storyfaq.jpg
Shit, shit, shit, shit... Whew.

wl2b_up03_051.jpg

azira.jpg
Jesus!

wl2b_up03_053.jpg

Angela is once again out of control, once again a subject to reaction fire and once again missed.

wl2b_up03_054.jpg

And once again, she strikes true.

wl2b_up03_055.jpg

Check this out, Azira gets two turns in a row.

wl2b_up03_056.jpg

azira.jpg
My bullets just bounce off of them, doing nothing!

wl2b_up03_057.jpg

storyfaq.jpg
Shit, need to reload.

wl2b_up03_059.jpg

storyfaq.jpg
Although I might as well not bother, it seems...

wl2b_up03_061.jpg

Angela moves on her own again. She only shoots once per turn when doing this, despite her AP allowing two shots.

wl2b_up03_063.jpg

storyfaq.jpg
Aah! I'm dying! They're killing me!

wl2b_up03_064.jpg

azira.jpg
Oh, God! No!

wl2b_up03_065.jpg

azira.jpg
I will fear no evil... I will fear no evil...

wl2b_up03_067.jpg

Angela does her usual thing.

wl2b_up03_068.jpg

azira.jpg
Christ!

wl2b_up03_069.jpg

azira.jpg
AH-!

wl2b_up03_071.jpg

Angela is under heavy fire, but none of the shots reach her.

wl2b_up03_072.jpg

She finally comes to her senses and I am able to control her in combat.

wl2b_up03_074.jpg

The first Killer is down, only one left.

wl2b_up03_076.jpg

It misses twice.

wl2b_up03_078.jpg

Angela's accuracy is much better.

wl2b_up03_079.jpg

The firefight continues. I wil skip it until something else happens.

wl2b_up03_085.jpg

It happens when Angela is down to two bullets. Both shots hit, but deal zero damage. WTF.

wl2b_up03_088.jpg

Having no other choice but to close into melee, Angela abandons her cover and is promptly shot.

wl2b_up03_089.jpg

And then shot again.

wl2b_up03_090.jpg

She goes rogue...

wl2b_up03_091.jpg

...and hides behind a cover. :x

wl2b_up03_093.jpg

And then goes rogue again. :rage:

wl2b_up03_094.jpg

Next bullet finishes the encounter...

wl2b_up03_095.jpg

Well, it was still closer than I expected.

TPKs: 2

Load game.

wl2b_up03_096.jpg

azira.jpg
Are you sure we should be going this way?

codex.jpg
Yes, those robots we went around back there seem dangerous. Let's just scout this area.

storyfaq.jpg
I hope you know what you're doing.

wl2b_up03_097.jpg

codex.jpg
Ok, that's far enough. Let's go back.

storyfaq.jpg
Agreed.

wl2b_up03_098.jpg

erebus.jpg
I think it wants to play!

----------

Next time: Codex' team gets sliced and diced and decides to fight weaker robots first.

Last edited:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
For some reason the game still decided to update itself, despite being told not to. :x
It's like this thing Angela does in combat sometimes.

No worries, I will finish* the LP even if I have to start over or pirate the game.

* The plan is to finish after Highpool or Ag. Center.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Dwarf Fortress level of Fun! for this party it seems. :roll:
I like to challenge my characters and see them die repeatedly.

Usually at one point I am incredibly lucky, unfairly win an almost-too-difficult encounter and can feel smart and enjoy overlevelled rewards.

Last edited:

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
A good approach! Though that robot encounter was kind of tossed in as an easter egg, it's not really a final location and more just "hey you get killed" kinda thing.

I like the approach though.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
By easter egg, do you mean just a general reference to Wasteland 1 robots (Octotrons and Slicer Dicer) or something more specific, like a particular location from the original game?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom