Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's be a Miserable recon in Ukraine (STALKER video)

potatojohn

Arcane
I'll be video letsplaying the Misery for STALKER: Call of Pripyat. I need something to relax from playing JA2, and what's better for that than a difficulty mod for a game that was already pretty hard?

--> Youtube playlist<--

GSkgg.jpg

Misery is currently the most popular mod for COP and I think it was voted the second best 2012 mod on moddb. It's supposed to make the game gritty, and it does a pretty good job. Changes include way more expensive ammo and food, way less loot, deadlier anomalies, new weapons, no enemies or bodies on the minimap, no emission warning, etc.

The mod offers you a choice of three classes at the start: recon, who runs fast, can't carry much and maintains his armor better; sniper, who is good with sniper rifles, and carries +5kg; and assault, who can carry +10kg, and is good with assault rifles, but runs slowly. I'll be going with recon since quick movement is very important and it'll make the LP shorter.

The site of the mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-misery

Since the game is open world and the quests often have several solutions, feel free to suggest what I should do or how I should do it. I'm reasonably good at the game.

potatojohn

Arcane
Anyway, part 1, where we help some stalkers, spelunk, sell some stuff, run from an emission, and then stab some stalkers.

potatojohn

Arcane
Part 2, where we run from pseudodogs, meet a madman, use a teleport anomaly, hunt snorks and find some very useful artifacts.

potatojohn

Arcane
Part 5.
Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

Sodafish

Arcane
Entertaining vids, plus I learnt a few stash locations I didn't know about. Keep it up :thumbsup:

Self-Ejected

BlitzKitchen

Self-Ejected
Patron
Codex 2012
This mod looks great man. I want to play so bad now but can't because I'm thousands of miles away from my gaming rig.

potatojohn

Arcane
Mercenaries, snorks, chimeras; nothing shall stand in the way of Major Degtyarev's triumphant march toward glory.

Renegen

Arcane
Really good LP so far, I've been enjoying the way you're presenting the game and the mod, great pacing, gorgeous graphics and the format really seems to work for an fps. But I've also never played the game yet and don't really enjoy the metagaming, kind of a immersionfag and storyfag like that. I kinda had to cut myself from watching any further when you started going down that hole in the anomaly and uncovered a really powerful armor.

potatojohn

Arcane
Really good LP so far, I've been enjoying the way you're presenting the game and the mod, great pacing, gorgeous graphics and the format really seems to work for an fps. But I've also never played the game yet and don't really enjoy the metagaming, kind of a immersionfag and storyfag like that. I kinda had to cut myself from watching any further when you started going down that hole in the anomaly and uncovered a really powerful armor.
The Sunrise bodysuit? That's a noobie armor. I think you start the vanilla game in one... it's only good compared to the military jacket because the latter offers no protection at all. It helped a bit but not that much.

Anyway,

Part 11: Major Degtyarev goes to Pripyat and brings terrible luck to everyone around him.

potatojohn

Arcane
Part 13: Major Degtyarev battles microsoft fanatics by throwing cans of Linux cds at them

potatojohn

Arcane
Part 15: Major Degtyarev takes a walk in the park and is kidnapped by helicopters

This completes the LP. Suggestions, comments, criticisms welcome.

Sodafish

Arcane
Nice LP. I was slightly disappointed that you skipped basically all of X8, especially as it's the only lab location in CoP. It would have given the viewer the chance to see you fight burers too (I don't think you showed the one in Yanov, correct?).

But yeah, just a minor complaint really. Overall I enjoyed it a lot, and appreciate the dry humour :thumbsup:

MCA
Does AI have cheat-view in the night? I remember that in SOC, enemies couldn't actually see you right away in darkness but if you used your flashlight, you would be dead in seconds. Or am I misremembering stuff?

potatojohn

Arcane
I never got the impression that the AI cheats in any of the stalker games. But it is very good compared to other FPS games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom