Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's avoid world getting destroyed by anomaly in openxcom

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
A Sectoid used an Alien Grenade against civilians...
And itself...
And a few Cyberdisks...
OgSdZGw.png

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Final results of the test battle. The aliens basically killed themselves. Only 4 aliens were killed by X-Com. On the other hand the suicidal aggression resulted in massive civilian casualties and a "terrible" score (by the way, I need to correct the score for shooting down/destroying a terror ship as civilians are now less valuable). Taking in account that it's a suicide mission anyway, maybe it should stay this way. I think I'll give alien crews grenades, but not to personnel of alien bases where they could damage something important.
g6hsp0m.png

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Splshuns!

Either limit grenades to UFO crews, or perhaps limit their area of effect? I don't think the AI can handle the powerful tools you grant it.
They kill themselves even with plasma pistols which have damage radius of 2.

I just looked at the AI code and there's some silly stuff :) . First, the AI doesn't seem to check whenever a target for explosive attack is a threat or not.
It wouldn't make sense to attack civilians and kill nearby friendly units.

Also, there's a modifier to avoid suiciding that gets almost cancelled out by modifier for base defence and terror site and then gets completely cancelled out when veteran difficulty level gets taken into account.
So, basically, the AI doesn't give a fuck about suicide in Terror and Base Defence missions.
It would explain why I had some point-blank encounters with Cyberdisks in other missions where they didn't fire but at the same time they suicide en-masse in Terror missions.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
A large UFO was detected flying fast over USA. Interceptors from East Coast sframbled to intercept it but the UFO has out-runned them.
Bi6FXTW.png

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
The Cyberdisc got destroyed by the second tank. First soldier that went off the ramp got killed with a shot from the north. Apparently smoke wasn't thick enough to protect him.
hBt24cl.png

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
An enemy HWP was detected north-east of the landing site. Soldier fired at it and it fired back, mortally wounding him.
5TQZ8KR.png

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
The wounded soldier collapsed and died a moment later. Meanwhile another soldier spotted a Cyberdisk.
2vzrZKK.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom