Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let us play a little game...

Cool name

Arcane
You are fucking crazy. Seriously.

Of course I am.

The question is, why would I want no to be?

That was beautiful. And so very Alice.

You are awesome. T.T

:love:

I still find myself stuck in the whole 'suspending your disbelief' part, particularly as the thread delves further into what is to me entirely terra incognita. is there some trick to it

I am sorry. I did completely miss it before.

If you don't mind waiting for the next 'big post', I will deal with something related to this and leave for later some of the stuff I planned to write on it. I have been meaning to write about it for some time, but I thought it wouldn't be a fun topic to deal with so soon.

:lol: Now I need to learn to do it.

Once upon a time there was a nugu band. I wouldn't go as far as to say they were the best band you never listened to, but they were good. Still, dark forces were at work and they eventually disbanded, and many tears were shed by the two people who knew of them. However, behind they left a sacred mystery, a powerful gesture of great Sorcery which has since then be passed from Idolmancer to Idolmancer, who in their secret places of meeting keep their memory alive.

Prepare to be enlightened.

It does kind of look like a power generator, doesn't it? :3

:sillysorceryisbestsorcery:

Anyway. Unless you are reluctant to talk about it yet, and although I'm still working on the easy way, I'd like to hear about the other way for making a sorcerous alter ego.

'kay. I'll write a small explanation and post it later. And then I'll get banned. >.<

Since I bungled the old decoy, I made a new one by taking out a page of a book I love, wrote my name on it, and folded it into a doll and bottled it. I weighed it down, and before closing it and throwing it into the ocean close by to where I used to live, I spat in it as that felt like the thing to do.

I like it. :D

How did it all feel?

PLANE CAR TICKETS WITCH!

You know? You are really good at this. That was probably one of most alpha and fun 'hey, let's meet' posts I have ever been subjected to. I am even tempted to accept. If this weren't the Codex, I probably would. How did you end up in a place like this, I wonder?

Last edited:

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
10468677_765595486796482_7380508358448963631_n.png

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
NOW that you browsin them ruins -

check yr circuits cuz the rock don stop till the breaka dawnnn, yeeeah

Hiisi

Savant
Once upon a time there was a nugu band. I wouldn't go as far as to say they were the best band you never listened to, but they were good. Still, dark forces were at work and they eventually disbanded, and many tears were shed by the two people who knew of them. However, behind they left a sacred mystery, a powerful gesture of great Sorcery which has since then be passed from Idolmancer to Idolmancer, who in their secret places of meeting keep their memory alive.

Prepare to be enlightened.

It does kind of look like a power generator, doesn't it? :3

:sillysorceryisbestsorcery:

That is so fabulous and groovy, and I am accordingly honoured to receive it. I also can't wait for an excuse to trot out the...
tumblr_m50inv1jmZ1rx6u54o1_500.gif

Maybe one could even find a coven of sassy hos with whom to do it in unison while chanting the darke magicks.
Or combine it with the hallowed handcopter.
Agassi said:
'kay. I'll write a small explanation and post it later. And then I'll get banned. >.<
I'll anticipate it fondly!

Agassi said:
I like it. :D

How did it all feel?

Making it didn't feel like anything special, except for taking out the page since that book does mean something me.

I guess I wasn't as confident about the rest as I would have liked. I tend to be ultra-self-conscious out in public, as I was now, even though it was evening. Eventually there were no people around, and the sky was all sorts of pretty colours with gathering rain further out to the sea, which gave the thing a surprising sense of occasion. The spitting definitely seemed right at the moment. Then I threw it as far as I could, and it felt done, and after admiring the sky for a moment I noticed I had to hurry along to catch the last subway for the night anyway.

Cool name

Arcane
Today we are going to deal with just two short thingies, because I'm in a bit of a hurry. And I will be a bit busy from now on, so after the second dolly sorcery posty post, which will come tomorrow or the day after, thingies should slow down a bit, which is a good opportunity for you to get up to speed, grow comfortable with the dolly method, and practice, practice, practice. I will still answer questions and such, but I will space the lessons quite a bit more.

But before that... Yes, I know. I need a new line.

Glorious and epic Kinzo is glorious and epic. And Kinzo. :hug:

And you know, that time when a Witch begins a lesson with the Kinzo song? That's when you know, we are going places.

So let us begin with the question about suspension of disbelief.

The first thingie I mentioned already. To be under the effect of overpowering emotions, so that you won't be able to think clearly. That's one of the reasons those who are able to use 'wild' Sorcery can be so creepy. Of course, it is hard to do this on demand. Which is one of the reasons I told you guys to use these emotions whenever you want - Unbound emotions and passions, they not only feed your circuit but also turn off your rational mind. If you manage to abuse this to make a few circuits work then Sorcery will become much easier, because you already know it works, or at least are open to the possibility it may work.

To be under a lot of stress, it works too. If you need it to work for otherwise you will be screwed, your mind will be more than willing to suspend the disbelief, for the option to it working will be unthinkable. For example, let us say someone very dear to you is very sick, and that everything the doctors have tried had done nothing to help, and that they are at their wits end, and that it is quite possible that person will die. Your suspension of disbelief? You can kiss it goodbye, as long as you truly care about what's going on.

There is a method to exploit this, which a friend and I developed. It is the one I mentioned at the end of the previous post, the one I told you could make your Sorcery far stronger if you were willing to go all the way. This means, if you are willing to make a bet. The more risky the stakes and the more valuable that which you are betting is, the more you will suspend your disbelief and the more passion you will put into it, and thus the more powerful your Sorcery will be. My friend and I, we jokingly call this the 'Kinzo Method.'

The method is quite simple. Let us say, you are very scared to be alone and you no longer have the time to play the dating game. And let us say, there is this girl you are really into. So, what do you do? You prepare the game board in such a way that if you don't manage to properly use your circuit to attain that girl, you will be left all alone. And you will act as an asshole to your waifu so that she leaves you, which in turn will make the stakes even higher - Not only do you need it to work, but you have already done horrible thingies so that it works. And so on.

Or let us say you want that asshole to die. Again, you set up the game board so that if he doesn't die you will lose everything. You will lose your job, and thus your quality of life, and with the current state of affairs you will have it hard to find a new job, and thus you will be unable to send your kids to college, and your waifu will leave you because you are a loser, and so on. That sound? It is your dispension of disbelief, being horribly murdered.

However, keep two thingies in mind. First, this method shouldn't be used to play around, which should be obvious. Second, what makes your Sorcery stronger are the stakes, and the subjective value you give what you are betting, and the willingness to go all the way to attain it. If you set the game board so that a random dude will die if you fail, and if you don't care for that guy at all, the bet will have no effect. And if you are at the end of your days, to bet your life will be worthless. You are already dying. If that didn't make your Sorcery stronger, to bet a life you find so worthless will do nothing at all.

In the same way, the bet has to be a certainty - You win big or you lose just as big. If the risk is something vague, so that you win big or you maybe kind of lose something, it does nothing at all. And before you say, but who will do such a crazy thingie? I did, and my friend did. It works, if you are willing to pay the price of failing.

And as a bonus...

4241eac78f84c0c39e12d16a708f88708a2bb80b.jpg

... it will make you look that awesome, too.

What I said before, about circuits requiring climatic finales, ties to this as well. Let us say, you make a vooDU doll, so that the Sorcerer-King of all tribes and clans of Codexia, he falls in love with you, and so that you KISS. So you make a straw doll of him, or a wax doll, or a paper doll, or some such. And then you personalize it with locks of his hair, and with some of his blood and spit, and some other bodily fluids, which I will not ask how you managed to obtain, and so on. And then you add that which represents the particular strain of love, the one he will be sick with, and so on. What do you do now? You leave your house in the middle of the night, and you bury the doll in his garden. The effect this will have in your psychobabble, it is similar - For not only are you saying, this is it, the point in which my delusion becomes truth for him, but you are also doing that which is strange, and suspicious, and which could lead to a very awkward situation, were you discovered. So that you are focused on this, and your nervousness and exitement are flowing into this, and so that your will is set in a single point, for otherwise you would not have gone to do such a thingie, and so on.

Back to more mundane methods, alcohol works. That should be obvious. Also, weed works. Again, obvious. Curiously, exhaustion works as well. I didn't mean that as being kind of tired. I meant that as being exhausted, two steps away from unconsciousness. Also, going out of your comfort zone works too. Go to places and contexts which disorientate you, which you don't understand, which make you feel insecure, or panicked, or some such. Also, always do Sorcery at night if you are having suspension of disbelief problems. I don't know why it works, but it works - Your mind is far more willing to suspend it at night, than during the day.

Strange places, as well. This ties with something I will explain some day. Maybe. Places which are desolate. Lonely places - Truly lonely, and isolated. Ruins overtaken by nature. Run down industrial complexes. Abandoned buildings. The more entropy has manifested itself, the better. Old tunnels, as well. Collapsed buildings. Caves, if you are into that kind of thingie. Just don't get eaten by a bear. Attics, and so on. Going deep into the mountains or a forest at night.

Darkness helps, too. The effect those places have, it is much more intense then.

Another thingie to do is to create ambience. Lighting, music, and so on. Think subtle horror movie which really creeped you out. I have found Tibetan and Shingon chanting, shamanic music and singing, music from Noh theater, and so on, all work for me. You will have to experiment. Ambience is really important in Sorcery. One way or another, it has to feel like you are doing Sorcery. That's why personal symbols are so important. Also, keep your Sorcery raw and primal - Don't really try to do silly Sorcery if you are having trouble suspending your disbelief. Silly Sorcery is great fun, but if you are having trouble suspending your disbelief you are not taking life as enough of a joke for it to work.

Pain does work, too. This ties with the method Hiisi wanted me to explain, so read that explanation below. However, pain will hurt you - And I don't mean just your body, but your psychobabble too. Pain, when used in Sorcery, isn't about it smarting a bit but about a whole lot of OUCHIES. Well, you'll see soon enough.

Those are the basics, I guess.

I'll add more later, if I remember something I presently forgot. But I don't think there's a lot more. Beyond this, it takes actual effort - A lot of effort, because what follows isn't about suspending disbelief or creating a ambience of otherness, but the systematic destruction of your psychological structure. Before even thinking of that you should be sure either you really like Sorcery or you want to become a Buddha or Xian. Once you begin to walk that path, there is not going back to fitting in with the Normies. It's do or die.

And now for the method I mentioned, and about which Hiisi asked.

The method, it is simple. It has no fancy name, and it needs of nothing but of a lot of pain. And I don't know why it works. Some say, it is because of the pain. Those are usually losers and weaklings, who haven't gone through a lot of pain. I have, and I can tell you this, that pain alone and by itself, all it gives you is OUCHIE. Some say, it is because of the Will. As in, pain under will. That it isn't the pain, but to subject oneself to it by an act of will, that makes it work. At least, that's what I believe it is. Maybe it is something else. And others yet say, that you have to be a little broken already for it to work. Or more than a little, and that it will not work otherwise, but of this I don't know.

The method is simple, but it has risks. First, there is the OUCHIE. Second, the wounds and then the scars. More importantly, it does weird thingies to your head. All of those who I have seen use it, they became unstable, and they became addicted with the sensation, and obsessed with the method, so that one of them, he would constantly be studying the scars, and touching them, with this wicked little smile on his face, and so on. It is the method my ex and his little circle of assholes and madmen and whores used, so think if you want to end up like them.

As I said, I don't want you guys to use it. However, it is as strong as it is simple. It will not only let you renounce control so that the thingies below come to the surface, but it can also be used to feed circuits and so on. So know it, but use it only on emergencies. As in, when you need a LOT OF POWAH and you need it RIGHT NAO. If you use it a lot, it can hurt you.

So, the method. First you need a source of pain. It must be not the sharp but short live pain of a cut, but a constant pain which increases constantly, like from a burn. Boiling water, it works well, for it will give you a lot of OUCHIE without doing much damage. Candles, maybe, but they will have a lesser OUCHIE while carrying more risk of actually hurting you. Other methods, such as boiling oil or a very hot piece of metal, will give far more OUCHIE but can also hurt you bad.

The thingies I mentioned earlier, alcohol and weed, and a lot of stress as well, can help.

You will inhale deeply. You will hold. You will exhale. You will hold. Do this until your mind is clear and focused, and until you are certain, you have the will to go all the way. When you do, simply submerge your hand in the boiling water, still in the fire. Your body and your mind, they will scream and plead at you, remove the hand!, but you will ignore them. And they will come with a thousand excuses to remove the hand, yet you will still ignore. Just keep your mind clear, and focused. And no matter what happens, don't relent. That hand is staying here for a while.

It will hurt. Your mind will go blank. Your arm and your hand, they may begin to tremble or convulse. You will grit your teeth. Tears may flow from your eyes. Then, your entire body may begin to hurt, and to feel exhausted. Every muscle, it will be tense. So tense, you may say, I'll broke my arm, or something. But you won't, so don't worry about it. I don't know how long the method takes to work. It may be only a few minutes, but it always feels like forever.

Eventually it will happen, that your pained expression becomes a smirk, and that your teary eyes become wild and out of it, and that the pain becomes different. It will still hurt you, but you will like it. And then you will begin to giggle, or to laugh, or to cackle madly, completely out of your mind. That's when you should remove the hand, but soon you will arching over because of the giggling, and the cackling, and the laughing, and accidents may happen otherwise. It may be hard, for you will no longer desire to renounce to it.

You will no longer be sure, am I awake or am I dreaming? Your senses, they are sharp, and everything, it is beautiful - You can taste the air, and the shapes and the colors are vivid and clear. Every cell and every fiber, they are screaming, and you are exhausted and full of OUCHIE, but you don't care, for you will feel better than ever before. You do not feel like whimpering, nor like bracing yourself and waiting for it to stop. Your entire body, it is coursing with raw and brutal power. One moment you will stumble around and the next you will dance around, yet your every moment will be decisive and full of meaning. And you are overflowing with violence and sexuality, unrestrained and unbound. And in your mind, the structure is gone. Whims become actions without deliberation nor censure. There is but instinct, and passion, and madness. Everythingie you feel like you doing, you will have done before the thought has formulated itself, and you will do them with confidence, and thingies that would be impossible, you will be able to do, for there is no more you. Everything which says, do this and don't do that, it is gone. And everythingie will be intense.

Say hello to your new alter-ego.

At first it will only last for a while. A short while. With practice it will last longer. However, do you really want for it to last longer? Every time you do this, you kind of break down. Your mind, it will heal, and thus the effect is limited. But if you do it constantly, why it is it lasts longer? Because for your mind, it is more difficult to heal. And it may then heal crooked or twisted, and so on. And once the effect is over, both your body and your mind, they will feel like crap. Do you know how it is to return to being just you, when you have been through such a state? You will.

And you may say, this is insane! Indeed, it is. That's the entire point, you see. Do I recommend you to use it? On emergencies, maybe. Or never. As I said, everyone who I know used it regularly, they ended a bit twisted. Because, you become fascinated with this. With that feeling, with that power. Will it work for you? I don't know. It did work for the people I said. It did work for a few others, groupies they had. But, they were all quite twisted already. Will it work for normal people? I don't know. My brother, he tried it once. I was telling him of this, and he was like - That's brilliant! It makes so much sense! But once he was looking down at the source of pain, he was, like, maybe I'll try it later.

Does it work? It does, but I don't bloody know why. As I said before, pain by itself does nothing. It is maybe the Will, and the shock born from the Will and the Intention. As in, you have to know why you are doing this, and you have to wield the will to put yourself through it. It is also of the shock, of the conflict between what the Will commands and what your body and mind desire and find rational, and of the will to shatter them both. Or maybe it is something else. I don't know.

Also, keep this in mind - You have relinquished control. What you will do, you do not know. At the time, it will be glorious and it will be fun. Afterwards, once the structure is restored? It will be more like, I am a bitch, I can't believe I did that. Yet, it was so awesome! I'm so cool! You may end up doing illegal thingies, or hurting someone very badly, or doing the thingies you want to believe you would never do. That's the point - To make that which is repressed, free. That which is hidden, and rejected, and feared. To demolish the structure for a little while, so that the thingies once held in the dungeons, now rule and do as they may.

And this brings us to another thingie. I said I was going to teach you everythingie I know, without reserves and without excuses, plainly and to the point, and so on. Which means, I will teach you thingies that may hurt you, and I will teach you thingies which may hurt others, and I will teach you thingies which may or may not be illegal, and I will teach you thingies which will make you go, girl, you are insane, and so on.

So, a disclaimer: You have no obligation to do anything I teach you. If you do, it is your choice. And so are the consequences yours, too. That what you achieve, it's your glory and not mine. That which goes out of control, it's your tail on fire. That which is dangerous or illegal, it is for you to sink or swim on your own.

And that's it for today.

Sup witches.

I read that book. The only thingie you are going to catch with it is a cold.

And five hundred years later, generic westlandia is pretty much a festering corpse.

... What an unexpected turn of events.

having-fun.jpg

Maybe they should have asked a Witch for advice.

But then the advice, it would have been not to declare war on the Sitra Ahra to begin with.

Kind of pointless, really.

Maybe one could even find a coven of sassy hos with whom to do it in unison while chanting the darke magicks.

Go to the dark side. They really love their serpents and vipers and dragons, and thus all those wavy dance movements as well. But limit yourself to the philosophical Left Hand. The true Left Hand, it is something else entirely.

Delicious YoonJi

Every single time an Abnaxus posts a YoonJi, a Witch somewhere questions her bias list.

And her sexuality. :oops:

But I still haven't forgiven her for Yasisi. That was bad. >.<

Please stop posting cute girls and hot guys and silly fun music.

Why in Heaven's name would anyone want that?

Embrace the one true faith.

Silliness is power, and the slaves shall serve.

Apropos of dolls amd music

That was unexpectedly good. :hug:

But it also reminded me of how rusty my Italian is. Sadface. T.T

Have you ever felt, you would get somewhere much faster if you focused on just one or three thingies instead of fifty? >.<

Three bows for the Sorcerer-King of all tribes and clans of Codexia!

bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif

That raptor's such a cutie. >.<

ClaviculaZ

Novice
I actually have quite a bit of experience with the occult as well and I greatly appreciate your effort to create a thread like that and give people an uncomplicated introduction to magic.
However, I have to admit that I absolutely loathe that kind of writing style, but your gender more or less redeems you. It's a lot more horrible when males employ that style (and I know quite a few male magic(k)ians who manage to spend weeks on the internet writing nothing but "lel, Crowley dude, dat cake of light thingie 156'd me straight to Sicily" etc.).
I couldn't quite figure out your background, btw. You mentioned Onmyodo, but you seem to have dealt with other systems as well - as for example, some of your paragraphs are strongly reminiscent of a mixture of Chaos Magic and Folk magic. It's interesting that you put emphasis on the importance of powerful emotions and will. From my personal experience, you are absolutely right in that regard, even though most of the literature would disagree on that. In Western magic, the most common way is to control one's emotions and let desires become completely unsconscious whereas conscious "lust for result" is considered the greatest obstacle to any kind of success whatsoever (a lot of that goes back to Spare. It is also oftentimes claimed that this is more in accordance with the Dao and this reasoning is at least understandable). Personally, I always found that approach highly unpractical, as there is no way to let a desire become absolutely unconscious - unless one has achieved a mastery over one's mind which hardly anyone will ever accomplish. Thus, consciously employing one's passions while working with the tools of folk magic makes a lot more sense to me.

A remark regarding 1451's decoy: Iron is actually more associated with banishing rather than with evocation or invocation.

ClaviculaZ

Novice
:D I wanted to emphasize that this "quirky girly"-style is a lot worse when men use it. People usually consider me the worst misogynist they have ever encountered, so I won't try to charm a girl who lives on the other end of the planet.

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.

lmao

come frontin wid that shit in my neigbhorhood see what happens. niukka this aint a game. break a 40 and cut you with the dust-mix drip. hand on my nuts. sheeit

How much do you incorporate Stars/planets into your rituals, Agassi? How so/Why not? Mess much with astrology? If don mind sharing be interested to hear.

Last edited:

Cool name

Arcane
I actually have quite a bit of experience with the occult as well and I greatly appreciate your effort to create a thread like that and give people an uncomplicated introduction to magic.

However, I have to admit that I absolutely loathe that kind of writing style, but your gender more or less redeems you.

Don't worry, you will get used to it before long. I mean, at first they also wanted to murder me horribly every time I posted.

Also, in before 'we still want to.'

I couldn't quite figure out your background, btw.

I don't have a proper background. :oops:

I have been involved with this since before I knew it was odd - I was pretty much raised surrounded by all this, and most of my earlier memories are directly or indirectly related to this as well. I did study at least a bit of almost everythingie, and I have been involved different kinds of Sorcerers at one time or another, but my Sorcery was always my own. I never actually did an operation as it was written in the books, nor as it had been taught to me. I am lazy, childish, superficial, and find it really boring to do such thingies as plans or preparation or thinking stuffies through, so I just kind of do my own thingie, and ensure it is easy to do, fun to do, cool and pretty to look at, and don't really require any preparation or planning or thinking thingies through.

Most of the thingies I enjoy come from daoist sorcery, onmyodo, east asian shamanism, buddhism, and so on, because I am biased so hard, but I have added bits of this thingie and pieces of that stuffie as well, sometimes without even noticing. When I am stable I go hardcore into daoism, because everything I have seen and done and experienced kind of fits with it and leads to it, and some people consider me a very heterodox daoist witch, but I believe I am kind of really far away from deserving to be called 'daoist' considering how utterly unstable I am most of the time. So I am kind of just a witch. >.<
In Western magic, the most common way is to control one's emotions and let desires become completely unsconscious whereas conscious "lust for result" is considered the greatest obstacle to any kind of success whatsoever (a lot of that goes back to Spare. It is also oftentimes claimed that this is more in accordance with the Dao and this reasoning is at least understandable). Personally, I always found that approach highly unpractical, as there is no way to let a desire become absolutely unconscious - unless one has achieved a mastery over one's mind which hardly anyone will ever accomplish. Thus, consciously employing one's passions while working with the tools of folk magic makes a lot more sense to me.

I have nothing but respect for Spare, but I personally believe much of the subconscious element you mention to be a well meant yet both misguided and half-assed knee jerk reaction against western orthodoxy by means of horribly misunderstood and simplified eastern mysticism and the superficialities of shamanism. Kind of, like, a postmodern take on new age? Ewww.

Like, if we take daoist talismanic sorcery, for example, we will see sigils are pretty much postmodern Fu - You create a talisman, you charge it with power, and then you either destroy it or use it as a seal. The problem is, there is nothing subconscious about these talismans. You don't have to forget their meaning, and it is kind of silly to do so because you should always have a few at hand, and every one has a particular function and purpose, so to forget which one does what is kind of really dumb. And there is no abstraction of desire - While the complexity of Fu varies greatly, the ones which use prettily written Hanzi are the same as the ones which use more obscure symbolism, which in turn is only obscure for the casual witness, and not for the Sorcerer who is writting it, who knows the meaning of each symbol and character by heart.

And so on.

But this does not mean the thingie about lust for result is wrong. I believe most of them are just kind of misunderstanding it. You are right in that this comes from the Dao, and something similar can be seen in Buddhism as well, and if you have experience with either you already know most of the time is really hard to understand what they are trying to say until you go and experience it yourself, and then you go, like, OMO, it was so simplish, and then decide to explain it to everyone you know, and they all think you are making no bloody sense, until one of them goes and experiences it himself, and then goes, like, OMO, now I see what you meant! >.<

So it's kind of, like, that they approach it from the wrong direction. It is kind as if they were meet a high level daoist sorcerer, and the high level daoist sorcerer is kind of weird, as high level daoist sorcerers are ought to be, but instead of saying, he is weird because he is a high level daoist sorcerer, they say, he is a high level daoist sorcerer because he is weird, and thus I will also become a high level daoist sorcerer by virtue of being weird, or by imitating his weirdness.

And then you slap them. >.<

Hard. D:

It is true that daoist sorcerers try to be devoid of the lust for results - Just as daoist martial artists, and daoist poets, and daoist painters, and daoist farmers do. Because it is as you say, not some psychobabbly trickery but something that requires much mental training, because it is not even to be devoid of lust for result, but that the lack of lust for result is a result of an evolving state of consciousness which is an end on itself instead of just a way to make better talismans. >.<

A remark regarding 1451's decoy: Iron is actually more associated with banishing rather than with evocation or invocation.

Don't go all orthodox on my cute little pupils!

How much do you incorporate Stars/planets into your rituals, Agassi? How so/Why not? Mess much with astrology? If don mind sharing be interested to hear.

I generally don't. I am familiar with the symbolism in case a talisman or some such references planets or constellations, but that's about it. I used to enjoy making daoist talismans using the pentacles of the greater key of Salomon, which are all planetary pentacles themselves, so I kind of used the proper colors, mixed a bit of the proper metals in the ink, and so on, and managed to offend both the orthodox westerlings and the orthodox daoists with them, but that's about it.

If you want to use them, there are lots of ways - The planets have lots of correspondences and the like. Colors, metals, days, hours, direct attributions, indirect attributions through different myths, symbols, and so on. In the Western Occult Tradition pretty much everything has some kind of planetary correspondence. If you go by the Golden Dawn and then, later, the Thelemites, correspondences have been traced to everythingie from the black cross of the Enochian Great Table to the Ars Goetia, and to the Sephiroth, and to the Tarot, and so on. If you like such thingies you can pretty much have a party. O.O

Maybe we should eventually deal with tables of correspondences and such thingies. I'll make a note of it.

Anyway, I did study a bit of astrology, but it wasn't my thingie. Too many numbers for dumb witch who counts with her fingers. >.<[/QUOTE]

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
I have been involved with this since before I knew it was odd - I was pretty much raised surrounded by all this, and most of my earlier memories are directly or indirectly related to this as well. I did study at least a bit of almost everythingie, and I have been involved different kinds of Sorcerers at one time or another, but my Sorcery was always my own.

I worry for you in this respect, but also have wished for this sometimes. This is all a game I spose, but maybe you will reveal some cards that tell about what kinda family you are from? I wonder about this.

I generally don't. The Stars

It seems to me that all magic/esoteric traditions stem from the stars. Or at least, they hold alot more power than any other thing you can draw upon except your imagination, but there is an interesting relationship even there, seeing that to visualize the solar system is to essentially expand your mind/consciousness in the most basic meaning of the definition, as you take the stars, planets, orbits, interactions, etc into your mind. Sometimes I worry about lizard jews astral beings and such in my workings (lol) but have to remember that I am the MC. Then there is like you say, the inherent relationships established in tradition between the virtues, vices, metals, elements so on that can take your imagination in all which ways. Party people in the house, cmon.

Anyway, I did study a bit of astrology, but it wasn't my thingie. Too many numbers for dumb witch who counts with her fingers. >.<

Yeah, there is enough to juggle in your imagination without involving a bunch of numbers D:

edit: I spose expanding my consciousness, chasing down gods is how I got into this. Desire obviously plays alot into these games, any thoughts on this?

Last edited:

Anselmus

Arcane
Damn, I'm only partways through this and replying anyway because I'm rude 'n' impulsive like that, but your guide to sorcery is the same as my guide for the "aspergic" to "be" "normal". (up to isomorphism)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom