Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let us play a little game...

Kz3r0

Arcane
I hope that this is noa the prelude to a 'magic' battle among Codexers the like is routinely held on occult fora for angsty teenagers wizards and witchies, that would be disappointing.

Kz3r0

Arcane
There are occult fora for "wizards and witches"?

Is that anything like a goth forum, or a forum for bronies?

:roll:
Hey, times are a-changing, after all necromancers mages are well known for being sharing and caring individuals.

Cool name

Arcane
With my sharp toe nail I carved an idol out of a carton. I named it Eric Cartona. While making it I was thinking that I should cut my nails. The creation of this decoy was boring.

You, sir, have a lot of potential. :hug:

There are occult fora for "wizards and witches"?

Believe it or not there are quite a few, but the amount of stupid, of poseurs and of amateurs is staggering. Moreover, you would be surprised how many Sorcerers have a 'follower' mindset, so they latch on to someone who doesn't know bleep and build their little personality cults around them. And they all take themselves way too seriously. Like, WAY too seriously. Sorcery is not about fun and adventure and big craters for most of them, but a sacred duty and holy work and the technology of trascendence and who knows what else, and you should always be worrying about ripples and consequences and what not. And they mostly just repeat the stuffies they read in books, or what this guy or that gal told them, like if it were gospel so you are not going to learn a lot you didn't already know already.

Also, last time I checked they had been flooded with otherkin and roleplayers and what not. Horrible creatures.

What's that from? Ghost hunt?

And the paper doll thingie is Japanese indeedy. :D

I originally learned about it when studying Onmyodo, which is a very weird Japanese tradition mixing daoist sorcery and its derivations, shinto and other forms of japanese shamanism, and buddhist practices. Back then my chinese was even worse than it is now and I didn't knew anyone able to get me Korean translations of chinese sorcerous texts, nor did I know much about the sorcerous practices from Korea itself because a number of cultural reasons make it very hard to find information about them, so all the 'Asian Sorcery' I was able to get my paws on was Japanese in origin.

And I really like Onmyodo, so I still use a lot of stuffies from it. Eventually I will teach you guys a few advanced Onmyodo stuffies, but do keep in mind Onmyodo in particular and Asian Sorcery in general can get pretty dark at times so it is up to you whether you will want to use them or not. The mechanics and metaphysics are super duper brilliant, however, so it is good to know these thingies even if you don't want to use them because WTF that's sick.

And now... It's theme song time!

Given the turn this took, I'll change the theme song for today.

Akuryo taisan! Akuryo taisan!
smiley.gif

That song's so full of awesome. >.<

Anyway, let's get cackling.

You see, I am a bad witch.

It was actually a trick question. .///.

The step which creates the decoy is the moment in which you decide 'I will make a decoy.' Under the proper conditions, that's all you need. The actions themselves are just theatrics, and the feelings and impressions are what give those theatrics weight and importance, but neither is the Sorcery. This is very important to understand from the word go: The spells, the rituals, the talismans, and so on, they have no power at all. None, and I am happy you guys seem to have already grasped it. At least, in general - A few thingies do have power of their own, but those are not the kind of thingies we will deal with at this point because they bite.

Sorcery is a function of the IT of the Witch, everything else is make-believe. This doesn't mean it has no purpose, however, but that the purpose is not Sorcerous but Psychological. This is why I won't teach you spells, nor rituals, nor talismans. I will instead teach you 'symbolic circuits.' Once upon a time I was very, very smallish and coined the term, 'magical circuits,' to refer to this. Cool name, isn't it? Problem is, eventually Fate/Stay Night came along and the term lost all respectability. Like, 'Magical circuits? You mean, like in that game where you fuck Queen Arthur?' Damn.

So, 'symbolic circuits' it is. Some of you already know the concept, I mentioned it elsewhere. A 'symbolic circuit' is basically a, uhm, circuit made of symbols. Yay. Alright, so maybe this will be a little hard to explain.

A symbolic circuit is a structure through which the power of the Witch flows, and in doing so it is shaped, conditioned, aimed, and programmed. The super-duper-basic symbolic circuit in the previous post was such: You made a 'false you', you gave it a name which was yours, you told him to take one for team you. However, the instructions were simple - Think not of what you did, but of how much you didn't. How does a paper doll know what a bloody decoy is? The answer is that it doesn't, of course. But you know, because you had just read what a decoy does. So when you said, you are a decoy, you actually were telling it to behave exactly as I had told you a decoy should behave.

This should also teach you another symbolic circuit, which you probably already know in some way: You make a false DU, you give him DU's name, you tell him that he and DU are one. Now you have a vooDU doll! A cheap one, but that doesn't really matter. If you want to learn another easy symbolic circuit make also a false you, give it your name, and you tell him he and you are one, then you tie both DU's and yours while saying something melo from a Korean Rom-Com or some such. I don't know, use the chat at the end of Master's Sun or some such. There, if you make it properly now you and DU will become an item. And KISS. :D

I am sooo banned. >.<

But stop, you say, you dumb witch! Why something out of a super-duper-melo Korean rom-com? Why not something, I don't know, in latin or some such? What travesty is this? I want to be a proper Sorcerer, not a... a... a Kdramancer! And, see? That's how the monster of serious business rears its ugly monster head. Latin! Can you get any more pretentious? Tch, tch, tch.

Let us say you have a symbolic circuit. And what a symbolic circuit it is! Full of, like, symbols and stuffies! Thingies, too! A good symbolic circuit, a professional one even. Straight out of the classic grimoires, and everything! So you draw the symbols, equip the carefully carved rings and talismans made in precious metals, wave around your magical sword and your almond wand, place the incense burners and throw a shopping list of bleep in them, and cover yourself on so much oil of abramelin you can go take a walk under the rain and remain dry.

How many circuits are there?

In mah life, I have met two kinds of people. You see, there are those who take every single step as a circuit in and out of itself and answer, I don't know, five thousand circuits or so. And there are those who think themselves really, really smart and answer that there is but one, and act oh-so-very-smugly about their holistic view of the multiverse.

And then you go, tch-tch-tch. Why? Because there are neither one nor five thousand, but two.

The guy who said, there is but one? He was, in a way, right. It is important to keep this in mind: A symbolic circuit isn't just a bunch of pieces, but a system - It is not only the symbols but also their interactions which make the circuit.

But the symbolic circuit, it is what I call the 'fake' circuit.

The 'true' circuit is inside the Witch, formed by the meanings of all those symbols, and of all their interactions. That's the entire point of the 'fake circuit' being 'symbolic' to begin with. And you know what? That scene in a rom-com which made you go MAH FEELS? It has much more symbolism to you than, uhm, wearing purple robes and waving a sword around.

This is one of the reasons most Sorcerers, who have IT an everything, fail at Sorcery. Let just say you just went and obtained everything the book says you should obtain. Sword, wand, robe, and so on. So you stand in a room, which you have decided is a 'temple', and put your robe, equip your pentacles, wave your sword around while chanting the ten million names of God or whatever. And that you do all of this with a modern mindset.

You know what meaning are you giving your symbolic circuit?

I FEEL LIKE A MORON. ALSO, I JUST WENT AND SPENT HALF MY SAVINGS ON THIS SHIT AND MAH WAIFU IS GOING TO MURDER ME IN MAH SLEEP, AND THE GUY WHO MADE THEM FOR ME GAVE ME THAT LOOK, THE ONE WHICH MEANS 'A SUCKER IS BORN EVERY SECOND.' AND PEOPLE SNICKERED AT ME IN THE BUS, AND THE POLICE STOPPED ME BECAUSE I WAS CARRYING A SWORD AROUND, SO I TOLD THEM IT WAS DULL AND ONLY MEANT FOR A MAGICKAL RITUAL AND THEY WERE, LIKE, U DUMB ASSHOLE? U MAKING FUN OF ME? AND THEN THEY BEAT ME. ALSO, PURPLE ROBES ARE SO BLOODY LAST SEASON.

Good luck making that shit work, because you are going to need it.

A symbolic circuit is but the embodiment of a 'true' circuit, one which will be formed inside yourself as you go through the motions. Or, say, by going through the motions you will become the true circuit yourself, through which IT flows. In truth, what the symbol means in proper circles means bleep. What's important is what it means to you. Also, what it makes you feel.

Because that's where people gets Sorcery wrong. I guess its because of RPGs and bleep, which in turn took a lot of inspiration from fantasy literature, which in turn took a lot of inspiration from late medieval and renaisance-tist Sorcery. You see, Sorcerers are not smart dudes and dudettes who study a lot and shit. Sorcery is primal, and wild, and savage. Sorcery likes thy feels far more than it likes thy great and cool intellect. Because intellect is structure, and Sorcery does not like thy bleeping structures.

Do you want to know which is the first symbol you need when making a circuit?

The one which means, I AM ONE AWESOME SORCERER AND ONE HOT PIECE OF ASS.

That's the core of it all. So let us say, you are casting a seal on a room so that evil thingies who find Sorcerers tasty can't enter. You go around the room, drawing seals in the walls or placing paper seals on the walls, or whatever. Even if the seals are awesome, how are you drawing them? How are you placing them? I mean, do you feel like a Sorcerer already? Be theatrical about it - Because that's what the symbolic circuit is, theatrics. And when the time comes to tell the room it has been sealed, don't just stand in the middle and say, like, 'thou art sealed, oh room' in a weak, timid voice. Because that's not a Sorcerer.

No, make it cool. Declare it with a loud and deep voice. You are the main character of your own Opera, and this is it - The climax. Don't half-ass it. Go and strike that bloody Gong!

That scene from Turandot is so ace.

Anyway, you are a cool Sorcerer and a hot piece of ass. Act like one! Use the full range of your voice to weave the atmosphere, use your gestures and even your expressions. And when the 'spell' is reaching its climax, end it with a BANG. If you don't feel like a gigantic moron using a staff, strike your staff in the center of the room. Do something WOW. And then let it go away, slowly. Let all become quiet, and declare it done.

Do you feel the 'otherness'?

Because, let us be honest about it. Reality? She's the ultimate Alpha Bitch. And I am sure you have had to deal with Alphas before, and they don't respect timid little flowers. They respect authority, and power. And if you have IT, you have the authority to tell reality to behave. So don't act like a shrinking violet.

All of this may sound obvious, but you would be surprised how many Sorcerers are all, like... Reality-Nim, would you do this for me? I-I mean, if it isn't too much to ask, Ajumm... Er, Eonni! Sorry, a slip of the tongue. Please don't be angry. And I would hate to impose, so if you are, like, too busy or something...

And then they wonder, why did it not work? Maybe I messed up the super-mega-holy formulae? Was my robe not the proper color? Maybe my wand is the wrong wood? Did I cut the wood during the hour of venus or the hour of mars? Man, I can't remember!

This is an important thingie to deal with, that if the feeling is so important why is it not the emotional investment which creates the decoy? Because the feeling is what actually helps you suspend your disbelief long enough for IT to work its thingie. The emotional investment is what makes you, well, invested on it, that which focus your entire being in what you are doing, and the process through which you are doing it, and which makes the 'true' circuit, well, TRUE. But under the perfect conditions all you need is the Will for 'thingie' to become 'decoy.'

It is also important to mention that when the emotional investment is huge you no longer need the circuit, and any circuit at all will actually weaken the power of your Sorcery. Sorcery based entirely on Will + OVERPOWERING FEELS is sometimes called 'Wild' Sorcery and is one of the thingies I do best, so I will eventually teach you more about it than you probably ever wanted to know, but it is not a good starting point because it is POWAHFUL but almost impossible to control at all. It just does its own thingie, and you can't but try to aim it in the proper direction and pray for the best. So, like, later.

Back to symbolic circuits nao.

The most important question is, what does qualify as a symbol for the purposes of a Symbolic Circuit?

Every-bleeping-thingie.

Your movements? Symbols. Your words? Symbols. How you are dressed? Symbols. Your mood? Symbols. Etc. This is extremely important, because not only that which you decide is a symbol will act as a symbol. Did you just have a fight with your waifu and her words are still floating around your subconscious? Symbol.

Sorcery is pretty much freestyle. That's why I am teaching you Sorcery instead of, say, Hermetic Magick, or Enochian Magick, or Daoist Sorcery, or Onmyodo, or whatever, even if eventually I will also teach you to do such, or at least explain you which elements of those have power of their own. These thingies, which we will call 'Traditions', are not 'types' of Sorcery but structures into whose shape Sorcery is forced to fit, like smashing the square peg into the round hole by means of a warhammer.
These 'traditions' are not all bad and horrible, but they aren't just 'systems of sorcery' - They are philosophical systems, and as such they add 'interference' to your Sorcery. Like, they come with morality, and philosophy, and values, and bleep, all of which Sorcery couldn't care less about - Yet you do, and thus you constrain your own Sorcery to fit.

This is an extremely insidious process, for let us say you are learning Hermetic Sorcery and are told 'This will only work if you have a pure intention, for if you do not HORROR and DEATH will happen, and the Sorcery will turn against you.' Sure, you may say, this is bullshit - And it is, but it will still be floating in your subconscious, shaping your Sorcery ever so slightly.

However, Daoism, the philosophical or pure kind, is on a category of its own. Religious daoism is the same as any other Tradition, but pure Daoism is something else. We will eventually deal with this, but not now.

Anyway, in the next posty post we will deal with two super-duper-important thingies, and we will deal with types of symbols and stuffies as well, because not all symbols are equal nor use the same rules. And I was going to teach you to create cool decoys today but I kind of went in a tangent, so we will deal with that next time as well.

But in the meantime I want to see you think like a Sorcerer! Take the basic decoy I taught you about and play around with it. As in, modify the super-duper-basic 'symbolic circuit' I gave you and turn it into something far more personal and cool and YOU and creative. Go wild on it. And then post about it, or send me a PM if you are too much of a pansy. Pansy.

However, what I want to see is not just 'do this, then do that' but the reasons why you pick this symbol and that action and so on.

And that's it for today.

oscar

Arcane
Anyone (Agassi included) have any interesting sources/recommended books on Platonic/Neoplatonic mysticism?

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
In her own words, if that were her intent.

Now, I feel the interesting question here is this; by "teaching" us these things, are she then deliberately trying to set us up as decoys? She's pouring a fair amount of attention and drama into this thread. If she's more invested, emotionally, than us, does that make us her unwitting puppets?

Eh? +M

Kz3r0

Arcane
In her own words, if that were her intent.

Now, I feel the interesting question here is this; by "teaching" us these things, are she then deliberately trying to set us up as decoys? She's pouring a fair amount of attention and drama into this thread. If she's more invested, emotionally, than us, does that make us her unwitting puppets?

Eh? +M
What do you think magic circles are all about?
Meatshields, that is.

Jester

Arbiter
1st step) "The basic decoy is actually pretty simple to make"

Hmm ookkkk sound retarded easy enough for me to not screw it up. The hell did i put those sheets of paper? Ok scissors and go.... the hell with those arms? Looks like some Nippon ceremonial robe sleeves actually quite cool i like it... or triangle. Ok now head... emmm more like something head like. Will try to correct it later. Ok second arm and... FUCK now i got two different shape triangles one higher than other and different sized as arms. His name will suite him nicely "THRASH"............ WAIT A SEC SOMETHING IS WRONG! Internet to the rescue "thrash"... Wait what? Ok that was official FAIL i hate you braian. Time to correct this "TRASH"... screw this will write in mother tongue not in English like some kind of Cosmopolitan Jerk. Ok looking good, or rather less pathetic few correction on neck and voilà. I got real trash here. On the bright side i recalled two English words. Looking at it after a while... ITS LOOKS LIKE A VAMPIRE!

Guess was funny in retrospection, in short term was humiliating humbling.

"Which part of the process is the one which creates the decoy?"
Dunno? When we link it to us?

2nd update start)
"The step which creates the decoy is the moment in which you decide 'I will make a decoy.'"
Wait what? Wasn't that "what make it our decoy"? Checking anddd... IM Indeed RETARDED!

After writing this... CONGRATULATION YOU BECOME A FACEBOOKER. GO KILL YOURSELF TO PRESERVE REST OF DIGNITY!
(Everything looks better from perspective of it being the past i guess? At least i got fun from making idiot from myself and probably some people will find it hilarious.)

Will write more in sec must roll my own personal sanity check.
(Dont laugh to much at me. ;))

Jester

Arbiter
Oh well. Few reactions to text i found hilarious. (or some serious FAILS).

"However, the instructions were simple - Think not of what you did, but of how much you didn't." - Now when you write that i see what you did there its something like sorcery learning from Torment from that hedge witch? Something like remember what ritual is supposed to do not go laundering with it about. Deep in other word.

"Like, 'Magical circuits? You mean, like in that game where you fuck Queen Arthur?' Damn." - Hey! Its nice setting imo. Not that i played original Fate i guess i should correct that did hear some good opinions on it, but anime was nice and FATE EXTRA game was GREAT.

"Now you have a vooDU doll!" - HELL YEAH! It might be a good day after all.

"So you draw the symbols, equip the carefully carved rings and talismans made in precious metals, wave around your magical sword and your almond wand, place the incense burners and throw a shopping list of bleep in them, and cover yourself on so much oil of abramelin you can go take a walk under the rain and remain dry." - Wait what? The hell? What almond even is?

"There, if you make it properly now you and DU will become an item. And KISS. :D" - I wonder how many guys kissed dolls (of themselves?) after this post.

"Latin! Can you get any more pretentious? Tch, tch, tch." - Wasn't it German in Japan and other Asian countries?... AND FROM WHERE DID I GET THIS INFO?

"You see, there are those who take every single step as a circuit in and out of itself and answer, I don't know, five thousand circuits or so. And there are those who think themselves really, really smart and answer that there is but one, and act oh-so-very-smugly about their holistic view of the multiverse." - Isnt it more like one brain and techs to trick him into delusions? This thought sound either intelligent or SO much more hollow.

"put your robe, equip your pentacles" - put your robe, equip your panties... WAIT WHAT?

"I AM ONE AWESOME SORCERER AND ONE HOT PIECE OF ASS." - I AM JONNY AWESOME AND I AM A JERK. Wait why Jonny?

"Use the full range of your voice to weave the atmosphere" - I am a sorcerer and this is my seductive voice. (Spoken in deep seductive voice)

"end it with a BANG." - I summon you... BANG! Wait why BANG? Because awesome sorcerers end it with BANG!

"Will for 'thingie' to become 'decoy.'" - Thingie, be my biatch! Aw your so sweat!

"POWAHFUL" - Hey i like this spelling!

"Your movements? Symbols. Your words? Symbols. How you are dressed? Symbols. Your mood? Symbols. Etc." - Produced in EU label? Symbols.

"freestyle" - SKATEBOARDING!

"Hermetic Magick" - Hermetic Magicarp?

"And it is, but it will still be floating in your subconscious, shaping your Sorcery ever so slightly." - HAHA! I will add "This will only work if you have a pure intention, for if you do not HORROR and DEATH will happen, and the Sorcery will turn against you." to dispose of some dumb fucks.

after some part of post - SO THAT WHAT THOSE WITCHES IN DISK-WORLD DID! "TERRY PRACHET and how to become a witch (hewitch?) in weekend!" ... Dmn that sound like hell of a book i would buy it, if it was real.

Ok that was fun! Will make rest tomorrow.

Kipeci

Arcane
All the decoys in the world won't help me blow up the other voters in treave's CYOAs. :M

Kz3r0

Arcane
All the decoys in the world won't help me blow up the other voters in treave's CYOAs. :M
Actually the Codex is choked full with practitioners of the occult, I advise you to refine your ways before attempting anything young padawan.

Jester

Arbiter
Actually the Codex is choked full with practitioners of the occult, I advise you to refine your ways before attempting anything young padawan.
Funny fact there is P&P system base on this part of Codex i believe its called Paranoia.

Cool name

Arcane
Would you say your past accounts on the 'Dex were decoys?

To be honest I never made a 'virtual' decoy. It's just too abstract for me. I like my decoys physical, I just enjoy leaving them all over the world while giggling madly.

In general 'virtual' thingies do not really work for me. U.U

Biblum Black, very hardcore hentai even if very occult savy.

Ah, I remember! I played the Visual Novel because a friend told me the Sorcery was actually well researched. It was. There was a moment which was bloody brilliant, even. But, yeah... Hardcore Hentai. All that research, for futa demons. >.<

Japaaaaaaaaan! :argh:

What do you think magic circles are all about?
Meatshields, that is.

That's actually true. Studying and practicing Sorcery together has some pretty interesting effects, even more so as part of a very closely knit 'circle.'

For example, something which happens to you may instead end up getting spread all over the circle - So if I were to curse you, for example, the curse could end up being 'spread' all over the 'circle,' everyone getting a little bit of it instead of you the full brunt.

There are other such effects as well.

One of the most infamous being that those who practice and study sorcery together, and teach each other as well, tend to end up sleeping together even if they don't really want to or are attracted to one another.

But thanks to the internet we don't really need to worry about that one.

So I am just mentioning it to be a bitch. :P

:cacklecacklecackle:

In any case, this is mostly theorycraft and hearsay for me. I do not have a lot of experience with 'circles,' much less with 'closely knit' ones. Doing so is one of the benefits of belonging to the 'Right Hand' club, I guess. It kind of makes sense. It is said the 'sinister' tend to be more powerful than the 'dextrous,' so it could be giving the later party wide boni and unique co-op abilities is the Dao's way to balance the system or something.

"Latin! Can you get any more pretentious? Tch, tch, tch." - Wasn't it German in Japan and other Asian countries?... AND FROM WHERE DID I GET THIS INFO?

It depends. I have seen the Japanese use German or English when dealing with the Western Occult Tradition, but Daoist Sorcerers tend to be a bit anal about everything being done in Chinese and the Japanese have the concept of Kotodama so they do not really like to have people do Shinto thingies and Onmyodo stuffies in another language, and in my experience tend to use translated versions of Buddhist Sutras and Daoist whatchamacallits as well.

Curiously the Japanese do not seem to use Enochian at all when dealing with the Western Occult Tradition, which is kind of dumb. I do not know if Enochian is a 'true language' or a 'made up language' and I don't really care either way, but there is not denying it has a power of its own.

But I was mostly just taking a jab to Latin. :obviously:

Edit: And here there isn't a lot of interest in Sorcery. What little is there comes from Korean Shamanism and is one hundred percent in Korean. There's a little bit of Daoist Sorcery, and it is usually done in whichever Chinese dialect applies or in Korean. Other than that is just odds and ends. There isn't a lot of interest in the Western Occult Traditions at all beyond, I don't know, a bit of Tarot and the like? It was kind of shocking at first, but I will press on. There HAS to be more to Korean Sorcery than I have found so far. >.<

Don't worry. In a few weeks we will get to the Ars Goetia.

If there's both talent and balls to be found in the Codex, what follows will be hilarious.

One way or the other. >.<

Ok scissors and go.... the hell with those arms? Looks like some Nippon ceremonial robe sleeves actually quite cool i like it... or triangle.

That's exactly how it has to look! :hug:

Eh? +M

Don't worry, my completely non-existing agenda does not go that way.

Honest. :D

Last edited:

Seeker
In My Safe Space
So I decided to personalize my decoy. I pulled some of my hair and drenched them in my blood. After letting them dry I tied the decoy's chest.

My thought process behind those actions was:
  • since the body is covered in hair and they keep me warm, they could symbolically protect the decoy making it less vulnerable.
  • since the blood has iron in it, I could make symbolically an iron armor.
  • I wrapped the bloody hair around the thorax area to protect the left scapula, since under my real left scapula there is a wound of my magic circuit. My IT flows from there, I like to joke about it telling myself that it is a wing.
I even changed it's name, took some letters and used them to make my real human name which I would prefer to keep hidden.
This reality bending is rather interesting. I guess I can influence my surroundings on a small scale. For example I can tell the rain to not fall and I can delay it for approximately half an hour(when I return home without an umbrella).

Jester

Arbiter
Ok scissors and go.... the hell with those arms? Looks like some Nippon ceremonial robe sleeves actually quite cool i like it... or triangle.
That's exactly how it has to look! :hug:
I rolled Handicraft so over my skill that i didnt understood that i passed check i guess.
Shikigami crafted?

All that research, for futa demons. >.<

Japaaaaaaaaan! :argh:
Half of Japan total research is invested on futa demons. :lol:

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
eid-al-adha-2.jpg
Satan My Master
I slit my wrists to drain me of my blood
Satan My Master
Up side down I turn the cross of God

Satan My Master
Recieve this sacrifice this blood of mine
Satan My Master
I cut into my rotten flesh your signs

Satan My Master
Remember me when judgement day is near
Satan My Master
Take my hand when Armageddon is here

foto5.jpg

वाहन

Novice
I will not reveal what the game will encompass just yet, but I want to make one thing clear: You are free to leave the game whenever you want, as it's nature is to be nothing but a game. Even more so, if you are ever taking this as something more than a mere game I would suggest you take some time away to cool off and then continue from where you left. The game is not a race: There are no time limits nor any such thing. You play when you want, and you take a vacation when you feel like it, and then you come back if and when you want.

I assume, then, that I can join in after having already read the posts but without having yet done that stuff you asked us to do? I'll do it, but I've already seen your posts explaining it, so i don't know how that fits with the whole esoterical thing.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012

In truth, my LPs are the circuits into which you pour your emotional investment, where it then flows back to me to feed my power. A symbolic, vampiric act of writing. The more butthurt, rage, and cries of BULLSHIT channeled through those threads, the stronger my True Circuit grows.

+M

Kz3r0

Arcane

In truth, my LPs are the circuits into which you pour your emotional investment, where it then flows back to me to feed my power. A symbolic, vampiric act of writing. The more butthurt, rage, and cries of BULLSHIT channeled through those threads, the stronger my True Circuit grows.

+M
Amateur, I do that with one liners in GD all the time.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Anyone (Agassi included) have any interesting sources/recommended books on Platonic/Neoplatonic mysticism?

Neoplatonism is basically the underlying code of most Christian mysticism, which either adheres to or deviates from it to varying extent, so anything on that topic from Ps-Dionysius to Boehme (including the Christian Kabbalah e.g. Pico) is bound to deal with the Neoplatonic stuff too, explicitly or implicitly. I'm afraid I don't know any introductory-level books on the subject though, and no "practical" books either, just some dry advanced academic stuff like Cyril O'Regan's works (Gnostic Apocalypse and Gnostic Return in Modernity -- what O'Regan calls "Gnosticism", is basically an offshoot/part of the Platonic tradition).

If you're looking for something more practical and occult in the narrow sense, though, then I've got nothing.

Cool name

Arcane
Neoplatonism is basically the underlying code of most Christian mysticism, which either adheres to or deviates from it to varying extent, so anything on that topic from Ps-Dionysius to Boehme (including the Christian Kabbalah e.g. Pico) is bound to deal with the Neoplatonic stuff too, explicitly or implicitly. I'm afraid I don't know any introductory-level books on the subject though, and no "practical" books either, just some dry advanced academic stuff like Cyril O'Regan's works (Gnostic Apocalypse and Gnostic Return in Modernity -- what O'Regan calls "Gnosticism", is basically an offshoot/part of the Platonic tradition).

If you're looking for something more practical and occult in the narrow sense, though, then I've got nothing.

Now I have discovered your true identity, Bee!

0eeb6f5e6b60dbf84fa5cfbd965f6dd2dd028070.png

:love:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom