Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let the DRM rape continue! New SimCity

Shadenuat

Arcane
Well after an evening of play city size did start to bother me a lot. If you could buy additional parts of land and add them to your city that would greatly improve the game. Without that option you either start a new city or fap on achievements. And fapping on achievements envolves blankly starring on screen waiting when little houses become bigger houses or when your university or another building is ready for upgrade/opened new build options.
It's fun to export resources though. Budget -10000/day but you can sell so much glorious petrolium to swim in millions.

Last edited:

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Now that the game is offline, can't they increase plot sizes? Their initial reasoning for the small lots was that the servers won't be able to handle them. This should now no longer be the case, or have they come up with some new bullshit excuse?

Angthoron

Arcane
"We lost too much money to piracy, so we won't develop additional content", I suspect.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Game has quite a few counter productive design decisions that accomplish something interesting, but also ruin work of other people. For example, it has one of the nicest tools to build roads in SC ever. Never it was so easy to build a curved road and give your city a very natural and realistic look. So it feels like quadratic cities from previous games should have gone away. Hail creativity, right?
Well it also has that thing that space has value. You want to put good things in your city and grow, try do that with something like solar arrays. Those monsters take 12 times more space than oil plant for a same amount of power. So in the end the most effective city will look like a can of sardines in a square. Houses built at the edges of a map with best upgrades near biggest road want to grow, yet they can't cause "not enough space to grow". Can you imagine a sim telling you that shitty phrase in SC4?

A lot of nice ideas wasted because 3d and idiotic publisher politics. And then again, just how realistic is a city with only 1 school, 1 hospital and 1 police&fire station... bah.

I will try building a tourism based city inside a crater in fallout epicenter next and see how good I'll do :M

Last edited:

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Now that the game is offline, can't they increase plot sizes? Their initial reasoning for the small lots was that the servers won't be able to handle them. This should now no longer be the case, or have they come up with some new bullshit excuse?
"the servers" never did shit, the game was always running mainly on your computer. And the needlessly complicated engine where individual sims and cars are "simulated" still won't scale to bigger maps, most likely. The game is broken by design :-(

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom