Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News Leonard Boyarsky has joined Obsidian Entertainment

Athelas

Arcane
You have to wonder about that Fallout image from Boyarsky's profile, though. I mean... why?
Fortifying himself with good art direction before he enters obsidian's offices.
Why would he need it? After spending more than a decade working at Blizzard, I think it's safe to say he built up a natural resistance to bad art direction.

Athelas

Arcane
Why couldn't the Fallout picture mean the obvious - he's reuiniting with one of the creators of Fallout (Fallout being the first time he worked together with Cain IIRC)?

Trashos

Arcane
Wasn't there a twit by Fargo that said something like "don't ask me about Wasteland, that's Obsidian's job now" or something to that effect? Does anybody remember? Maybe Boyarsky's arrival has something to do with that?

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
Maybe this is a stupid question, but why is everyone joking (or not?) about Sawyer being fired/made coffee bitch ?
Did he fuck up something on PoE ? (havent played it yet). I think he directed New Vegas and that was fantastic. I enjoyed reading his formspring too.

On the other hand he seems very good at managing project (to limit scope and "deliver" a complete decent product in time) and rather good to design mechanics (despite all the falws and critics about PoE mechanics, it is still way above your average cRPG).

No you are just full of shit.

More talent to go underutilized at Obsidian, or a turning point for the company which will see previously partly-wasted potential fully realized, resulting in unanimous Codex acclaim and a revolution in game development and finances? News in a few years. After the break, David Gaider - has-been or never-was? In-depth coverage! Bold, impossible-to-substantiate claims! Hyperbole! Jaded cynicism and scorn! Stay tuned!

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
If after all this we don't get a game with Tim Cain lead designer, Leonard Boyardsky co-designer and lead artist, Josh Sawer coffee balancer and Feargus Urquhart pencil sharpener...

giphy.gif

Diggfinger

Arcane
My Geek Heart is ... bursting with joy!!!
Watever the fuck these two guys do I will so excited. New Vampire game? Whatever, having these dude do RPGs again is GOOD.

Jason Anderson, get your job application ready...let us re-unite the Troika!!!!!

DeepOcean

Arcane
How does this already have 8 pages of posts?
People are waiting for Obsidian to be great again.

People are going to be waiting a long time then.
I say all the time for people to be optimistic and have energy, those guys at Obsidian just need some shock of energy with competent people. This Feargus guy, it is unbelievable, doing Tank MMOs for a living? This isn't the sort of thing a company that was once great should be doing. I tell you, I know alot of good managers, I really do, I used to deal with people all the time. My goal is apart of waterboarding muslims is to make Obsidian great again, I will just place this Tim Cain guy as project lead again and you all will see it.

SionIV

Cipher
Patron

I say all the time for people to be optimistic and have energy, those guys at Obsidian just need some shock of energy with competent people. This Feargus guy, it is unbelievable, doing Tank MMOs for a living? This isn't the sort of thing a company that was once great should be doing. I tell you, I know alot of good managers, I really do, I used to deal with people all the time. My goal is apart of waterboarding muslims is to make Obsidian great again, I will just place this Tim Cain guy as project lead again and you all will see it.

When it comes to developers nowadays, I try not to be optimistic. If they end up making a good game, that's awesome. If they make a shit game, I didn't lose anything on it as I wasn't invested in it. It's especially hard for the people at Obsidian to impress, as they have made some fantastic games in the past, and I'm still holding them up to that standard.

Deleted member 7219

There are rumours that Obsidian might be making a World of Darkness game, and it would make sense to have Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky working on it. All they are missing are Jason Anderson and Brian Mitsoda.

You are bad at impersonating the orange fascist. Let me show you:
Obsidian is a mess. A mess I tell you. We need strong people, not weak people. Weak people made obsidian a mess. I will make obsidian great again. It will be a beautiful thing when I am done, really beautiful, it will be a fantastic thing, really fantastic.

Duraframe300

Arcane
There are rumours that Obsidian might be making a World of Darkness game, and it would make sense to have Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky working on it. All they are missing are Jason Anderson and Brian Mitsoda.

Rumors or Made-Up rumors?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom