Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News Leonard Boyarsky has joined Obsidian Entertainment

MTwolves

Educated
Ohhhhhh...shit. Things got real.

Tigranes

Arcane
Wake me up when Tim Cain places on his facebook page "Guys, I got tired of being semi retired at Obsidian and started making a TB post apocalyptic RPG with Leonard Boyarsky."

Cookin' Cain, a self-published cooking guide extraordinaire available on Amazon, illustrated by his buddy Leo Boy!

Zanzoken

Arcane
It's good news and all, but we probably shouldn't get too excited. If history is anything to go by, we have yet to have a great RPG made by people who made them in the distant past. Whether it's Piranha Bytes with the Gothic/Risen games, Tim Cain, Chris Avellone having a pretty spotty record ever since Planescape: Torment, Bioware after Baldur's Gate, Garriott after the heyday of Ultimas, Neal Hallford, we have yet to see any of them achieve the same greatness as they have in the past. So chances are, we will have to look for that future great RPG from some upstart, and not the greats of the past.

:mixedemotions:

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
This is awesome news, maybe Tim Cain gave him a tip that they will start workin on another Vampire the Masquarade game soon? I just don't see a better developer to do the sequel now, hopefully Paradox will agree.
Still can't make up for Avellone.
Avellone is overrated. He made only one great game while Tim Cain, Leonard Boyarsky and Jason Anderson made a whole bunch (all Troika games + Fallouts, where Arcanum and Fallout 1 are the best RPGs ever made).

Shadenuat

Arcane
Nope, been there during PoE development

I have no faith in anything anymore. Only when they release a game where old farts were creative leads and lead designers and writers, then I will judge. And it's not a fact game would turn out better than what indie developers make - no matter how many old guard Obsidian will hire, they are still restrained by demands of the market (and Urquhart)

Tim Cain next, pls pls pls. And maybe, once reunited, they can rescue the ghost of Boyarsky that wonders Blizzard's empty halls.
tumblr_myobffP9bX1sa7ioio1_250.gif

close enough, PRAISE BE

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Come on, Jason Anderson, it's your turn now. I'm sure you're tired of working on multiplayer shooters that nobody plays.
To work instead on RPGs that nobody plays, in a company that is so hard up for money that they can't even finish a single game before being bought by russians. Our dreams will surely manifest any time now. Just you wait. Working at TRS is also a lot less terrible than at Blizzturd so I wouldn't count on it unless Urquhart can talk the Russians into a daily supply of Vodka and Whores (sorry Tim).

Last edited:

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I wonder if this is news worthy for other sites out there, even RPG enthusiast sites. I imagine not. Barely anyone reports anything these days unless there's an accompanying press release.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

This shithole is sucking in good devs now.

It should've been inXile.

Last edited:

SionIV

Cipher
Patron
Another big name used for PR, that won't have any input at all on their games. Well done Obsidian. Why use these talented people yourself, when you can prevent other teams from having them.

Flou

Arbiter
Excellent news! Add this Feargus quote from the Gamepressure interview to this bit of news and my imagination is already putting Leo&Tim creating something new and amazing that isn't PoE2 or Tyranny :)
"I can say it’s been fun to sit around and talk with Tim Cain, Game Director of the original Fallout, about ideas for our next thing. I wish I could talk about it more."

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Holy fuck

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom