Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Leigh Alexander being a dumb bitchy cunt

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Korgan, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Korgan Arbiter

Korgan
    Click here and disable ads!
    (stolen from RPS)
    http://kotaku.com/5829606/ive-played-de ... t-together
    :retarded: :retarded: :retarded: :retarded:
    :x
    :lol: :M
    Seriously, what a bitch. And people wonder as to the reason for gamers' contempt of "GRRRL GAMERS".
    ^ Top  
  2. Ed123 Arcane Patron

Ed123
    Serpent in the Staglands Wasteland 2
    What's wrong Korgan? Were you one of those mute, hostile boys with thick glasses and greasy hands?

No, seriously, I don't find anything particularly FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-worthy in that article. Well...other than it being written by Leigh Alexander, which I suppose is an offense in itself.
    ^ Top  
  3. Korgan Arbiter

Korgan
    Nope, I was a slightly androgynous-looking boy with a vacant expression and a minor class celebrity. I just feel way more sympathetic for gamer geeks than shallow bitches who sneer at them, that's all.
    (Seriously, btw, I was a bit of a prodigy until 12 y.o., always had a straight A in all subjects, save for phys ed, without putting in any effort. I burned out quickly, though, and ended up a lazy bored fuck.)
    ^ Top  
  4. Excidium P. banal

Self-Ejected
    But is she hot?
    ^ Top  
  5. Andyman Messiah Mr. Ed-ucated

Andyman Messiah
    So many psychological problems to point out, and I'm not even drunk.
    ^ Top  
  6. Ed123 Arcane Patron

Ed123
    Who, Korgan or "Leigh"? :smug:

[​IMG]
    "Greetings my friend. Have you come seeking the light?"
    ^ Top  
  7. Korgan Arbiter

Korgan
    *I* point out all my problems myself, thank you very much.
    ^ Top  
  8. Andyman Messiah Mr. Ed-ucated

Andyman Messiah
    All of Kotaku.
    ^ Top  
  9. pocahaunted Augur

pocahaunted
    What a braindead idiot, should've been aborted.
    ^ Top  
  10. Roguey Arcane Sawyerite

Roguey
    Well, I guess it's too much trouble to click settings then keyboard/mouse. It's always the first thing I do and some of Deus Ex's odd decisions need rebinding anyway.
    ^ Top  
  11. Ed123 Arcane Patron

Ed123
    I missed that. :lol:
    ^ Top  
  12. zeitgeist Arbiter

zeitgeist
    I noticed that, in a disturbingly high number of recent console games, you don't just get those press X for awesome reminders only in tutorials, or only when a specific new action is introduced, but you keep getting them over and over and over again for every action until the end of the game. Like an interactive overlay of the controls page of the manual, that you just can't turn off.
    ^ Top  
  13. Clockwork Knight Arcane

Clockwork Knight
    Butthurt detected with naked eye.
    ^ Top  
  14. Wyrmlord Self-Ejected Patron

Wyrmlord
    Why are these games journalists so bad at playing videogames? I could go a year without playing videogames (as I did around 2007-08, I think), and I still wouldn't have a problem with any of these small issues. Let alone with checking the manual or checking the controls menu for these obvious things.
    ^ Top  
  15. Clockwork Knight Arcane

Clockwork Knight
    People sometimes just block out knowledge. God knows I tried to teach my boss (a middle aged woman) how to use a browser for a long time, and every single day she'll manage to fuck up, like closing tabs on accident, or opening a hundred instances of Word. Whenever I ask why she forgot what she learned the day before, she throws her arms up and says tht she just doesn't understand this complicated stuff. Same with my mom and the TV set (first you have to turn on the cable channels receiver under the TV, then the TV itself. I can only hope someday she'll manage to do it in this order on her first try).

I imagine journalists are the same way. "I write about games, I don't play them!", and their subconscious proceeds to help them achieve that reality.
    ^ Top  
  16. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    If you watch videos on sites like Giant Bomb you will literally beat your head on a wall at how horrible these "journalists" are at playing videogames. I can't even trust them to show the game properly, let alone review the fucking things.
    ^ Top  
  17. Zarniwoop Destiny Cleanser

Zarniwoop
    Just one more reason I cannot into TV-games. They always treat you like a fucking ADD retard who can't remember anything for more than 5 seconds, or read. If they don't, the retards will live up to their name by complaining "crouching is like, OMG, so hard LOLOLOL" They started this whole bullshit of fixed save points.

I didn't think this was a new thing for consoles, thought they always held your hand, but in Crysis 2 it was pretty rage inducing to see "Press X to derp" every few seconds. Just one more nail in its consoley, linear coffin. Still not as bad as Bulletstorm though...

Edit: Just saw this, the guy co-writing the article is just as much of an idiot:

Ug! Choices no good. Too hard. Make Kirk head hurt.

Why are these idiots even allowed to breed? They should have been sterilised long ago. :decline:
    ^ Top  
  18. Clockwork Knight Arcane

Clockwork Knight
    ^Tbh worrying about choosing useless / boring shit is a perfectly valid reason to be hesitant at chargen, especially if you're playing blind (as opposed to knowing you're picking shit skills). It's only painful when the thought ends with "Why do I have to deal with stats? It hurts immersion" or "Can't I just be good at everything?"
    ^ Top  
  19. Zarniwoop Destiny Cleanser

Zarniwoop
    Well, he did say it was on the second playthrough. How many times do you need to go through a game before you know the stats? They can always include an auto-generate function/pre-made characters instead of just ripping everything out like in more modern games.
    ^ Top  
  20. Quilty Liturgist

Quilty
  21. Pika-Cthulhu Cipher

Pika-Cthulhu
    I dont want to read the link in the OP, but I can guess that it is the usual derp that gaming journalists excrete about their inability to play a game more confusing than 'I am a dev, here is some money, drop your pants, bend over, and spread your cheeks'

Gaming journalists that find videogames challenging, be like a car reviewer not being able to drive a manual transmission.

inb4 'subhuman scum' remark
    ^ Top  
  22. laclongquan Arcane

laclongquan
    I dont know how to play games on PC and I am proud of it.

I think subconsciously they link PC games with nerds and they are totally terrified of being thought of as one.

Or so I guess, anyway.
    ^ Top  
  23. Konjad Dwarf Patron

Konjad
    Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
  24. Lightknight Scholar

Lightknight
    Posession of tits and cunts.
    ^ Top  
  25. J_C Could be Matt Barton. Maybe. Patron The Real Fanboy

J_C
    Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
    Woa, Leigh is a female name? And all the time I thought this writer is a guy.
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above links helps us pay the hosting bills)