Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Legends of Eisenwald, Turn-Based Strategy RPG, Kick-Started

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Aterdux Entertainment; Legends of Eisenwald

What's this, another Kickstarter project? You bet it is. This one is pretty interesting, though.

Legends of Eisenwald is an original mix of RPG and strategy, with tactical turn based battles and a simple economic model. Rich possibilities of gameplay mechanics allow a player to feel being a hero of different stories ranging from treasure hunt to fighting for the throne. You can follow your game path as a Knight, Mystic or a Baroness and in each case gameplay and story will be partially different.

Game features:
  • Combination of a role playing game and a strategy in right proportion that can be called a Knight-Errant Simulator.
  • Turn based tactical battles where we managed to get rid of the main enemy of turn based battles – boredom. There are no moving without striking and every move there is a choice whom to attack and whom to defend. Often an entire battle outcome depends on a decision which makes a battle intense from beginning to end.
  • There are many units with upgrade trees. Each unit can be personalized both with an upgrade as well as with equipment which provides a wide variety of army tuning.
  • There are a lot of weapons and battle spells. Each kind of weapons has its unique features that makes you to utilize it well in a battle.
  • Possibility to conquer castles to increase your power and strengthen your army. Obviously, it is not enough just to occupy castles – they need to be protected from aggressive neighbors.
  • There will be a campaign and some additional missions. In the future we plan to release campaign editor so each player can create his or her own adventure.
Why Kickstarter?
We started the development of our game more than 2 years ago. Right now the technical aspects of gameplay, battle AI and most other parts of the game are about 90% finished. We have an alpha version.

But as it often happens in game development industry working on the game took more time as we planned and we need more funds.

Your generous backing will help us to walk the remaining part of the path. To finish our game in “basic package” we need $50000. It will be enough for:
  • To create and program most of the campaign scenarios (levels);
  • To complete all planned content (battle arenas, characters, artifacts and different items).
  • It will be Windows only in English and Russian.
With additional funding we will be able to:
  • Add more to the campaign scenarios, making them more interesting and non-linear;
  • Add more units (at minimum, plus the number of the corresponding rewards);
  • Create beautiful special effects for spells in battles;
  • Localize our game with more languages;
  • Make our game richer and more diverse (add unique bosses and characters, create alternate levels and endings etc.);
  • Port our game to MacOS and Linux if we reach $100000.
The starting $15 tier gives you a DRM-free digital copy of the game + a "DRM-free Collectors Edition of Discord Times including never released before Map Editor." Sounds good to me.

They also have a video showing off the team and the alpha version of the game, but I can't seem to embed it in this post so you should head over to the project's Kickstarter page and watch it there.

Thanks Knotanalt!

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
And apparently, Aterdux Entertainment are now stalking us! I for one welcome our new russian LARP overlords :salute:

It looks interesting, but my april/may jewgold pool of awesome indie funding is blown already.

(In before a Drog alt spams hateful nonsense that makes them leave forever)

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
OK, I have set aside part of my measly food budget to do my patriotic duty and support my Slavic brothers (even though they are crazy Belarusians). Hopefully this snowballs now and gets funded (and I die of malnutrition), because so far it looks pretty quiet on the monetary front.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
oh boy, nice larping there :salute:

and the fucking accent :incline:

the game looks nice though, having a working alpha version really helps. I'll support my fellow belarussian brothers however I can.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Pledge $10,000 or more

0 Backers • Limited Reward (2 of 2 remaining)
Become an executive producer. Participate in major decisions regarding the game – game design, balance etc. We will do our best to include your ideas and wishes provided they don’t contradict the game concept. Also, you will receive a medieval encrusted sword with engraving. Previous rewards included. Shipping included.

:hmmm:

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Pledge $10,000 or more

0 Backers • Limited Reward (2 of 2 remaining)
Become an executive producer. Participate in major decisions regarding the game – game design, balance etc. We will do our best to include your ideas and wishes provided they don’t contradict the game concept. Also, you will receive a medieval encrusted sword with engraving. Previous rewards included. Shipping included.

:hmmm:

For this price you can have swords for entire Company. Actualy cutting ones not some deco crap Also Knights Errants were Gypsy Knights without land, given that one of goal of the game is to hold, manage and castles It is Baron/Cunt simulator... like Stronghold, Lords of the Realm with Heroes of Might and Magic tactical TB combat amarite?

Yeah, you guys are very worried about not getting enough bang for your buck at 10 000$ like you would support it with that much. :smug: But, I do agree, they should have put ton of meaningless crap in each reward tier, so it attracts more people as people seem to like that kind of shit. Personally I fund games because I want to play them and mostly dislike that reward tiers in the first place.

Commissar Draco

Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
And I love My hard earned Potatoes so I give them only to Gents and Trannies I know and trust.... Like Brian Fargo and MCA.... or After seeing and playing Demo like in case of AoD, Nethergate, Steel Panthers and Planet Stronghold. Game promises much but I am not sure if those Larpers will deliver.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Yeah, you guys are very worried about not getting enough bang for your buck at 10 000$ like you would support it with that much. :smug:

To be fair, spread over the wasteland 2 donation poll and the codex fundraiser, fair Codexia did fund another game with $21645

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Eisenwald? Sounds too Jew

German, meaning "iron forest". Too bad they just pronounce it " Ysen - Vault " which is, well, pretty wrong.
What's the use of having cool foreign names in your game if you can't even pronounce them properly?

And I love My hard earned Potatoes so I give them only to Gents and Trannies I know and trust.... Like Brian Fargo and MCA.... or After seeing and playing Demo like in case of AoD, Nethergate, Steel Panthers and Planet Stronghold. Game promises much but I am not sure if those Larpers will deliver.

is there a new Steel Panthers?

Internet

Scholar
I remember playing Discord Times years ago. It felt like a poor man Disciples, the game had potential but there wasn't much to do in the gameworld. The difficulty was extremely random, you could meet peasants with pitchforks or armored knights backed by wizards that would kill you in one turn.

Commissar Draco

Patron
German, meaning "iron forest". Too bad they just pronounce it " Ysen - Vault " which is, well, pretty wrong.
What's the use of having cool foreign names in your game if you can't even pronounce them properly?

Steel_Panthers_Evolution_400x1200.png

Nope Just got 3 latest of them... SPWAW was even in local EMPIK.:obviously: All have patch to protect Ze Germans from going Dr Strangelove:

BTW this the perfect song for Fallout 4 intro; Would love to play survival game done during and after the Bombs fell... but Bethpizda won't agree on any prequels.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk

Steel_Panthers_Evolution_400x1200.png

Nope Just got 3 latest of them... SPWAW was even in local EMPIK.:obviously: All have patch to protect Ze Germans from going Dr Strangelove:

BTW this the perfect song for Fallout 4 intro; Would love to play survival game done during and after the Bombs fell... but Bethpizda won't agree on any prequels.

So the answer is No.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Yeah, you guys are very worried about not getting enough bang for your buck at 10 000$ like you would support it with that much. :smug: But, I do agree, they should have put ton of meaningless crap in each reward tier, so it attracts more people as people seem to like that kind of shit. Personally I fund games because I want to play them and mostly dislike that reward tiers in the first place.

My concern was with giving people who donate $10k 'executive producer' status and strong influence on design. Obviously they can just tell the donor to fuck off if he makes stupid suggestions/decisions but still...

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Pledged.
Oh come on! Jew a fucking 15 dorrah! The concept is nice, it looks good, it's nearly finished, what's not to like in it?

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I almost clicked off the Kickstarter page when the video started... LARPing? Really?! But after a few minutes I actually started to like it! That was one of the better "lesser known" Kikstarter presentations and now I'm torn on whether to pledge for this one as well?!!! I think I'll wait just a little while on this one and see some more info from them.

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
I almost clicked off the Kickstarter page when the video started... LARPing? Really?! But after a few minutes I actually started to like it! That was one of the better "lesser known" Kikstarter presentations and now I'm torn on whether to pledge for this one as well?!!! I think I'll wait just a little while on this one and see some more info from them.

Yeah, I smiled fondly for some reason at the last scene when the guy with this funny hat was giving the sword to the camera and said with this lovely accent "You gonna need it":love:

Would give them more if I could.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom