Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Legends of Eisenwald, Turn-Based Strategy RPG, Kick-Started

Discussion in 'RPG Codex News & Content Comments' started by Crooked Bee, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Crooked Bee Nyadmin Patron

Crooked Bee
    Codex 2014 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Click here and disable ads!
    Tags: Aterdux Entertainment; Kickstarter; Legends of Eisenwald

What's this, another Kickstarter project? You bet it is. This one is pretty interesting, though.

Legends of Eisenwald is an original mix of RPG and strategy, with tactical turn based battles and a simple economic model. Rich possibilities of gameplay mechanics allow a player to feel being a hero of different stories ranging from treasure hunt to fighting for the throne. You can follow your game path as a Knight, Mystic or a Baroness and in each case gameplay and story will be partially different.

Game features:
    • Combination of a role playing game and a strategy in right proportion that can be called a Knight-Errant Simulator.
    • Turn based tactical battles where we managed to get rid of the main enemy of turn based battles – boredom. There are no moving without striking and every move there is a choice whom to attack and whom to defend. Often an entire battle outcome depends on a decision which makes a battle intense from beginning to end.
    • There are many units with upgrade trees. Each unit can be personalized both with an upgrade as well as with equipment which provides a wide variety of army tuning.
    • There are a lot of weapons and battle spells. Each kind of weapons has its unique features that makes you to utilize it well in a battle.
    • Possibility to conquer castles to increase your power and strengthen your army. Obviously, it is not enough just to occupy castles – they need to be protected from aggressive neighbors.
    • There will be a campaign and some additional missions. In the future we plan to release campaign editor so each player can create his or her own adventure.
    Why Kickstarter?
    We started the development of our game more than 2 years ago. Right now the technical aspects of gameplay, battle AI and most other parts of the game are about 90% finished. We have an alpha version.

But as it often happens in game development industry working on the game took more time as we planned and we need more funds.

Your generous backing will help us to walk the remaining part of the path. To finish our game in “basic package” we need $50000. It will be enough for:
    • To create and program most of the campaign scenarios (levels);
    • To complete all planned content (battle arenas, characters, artifacts and different items).
    • It will be Windows only in English and Russian.
    With additional funding we will be able to:
    • Add more to the campaign scenarios, making them more interesting and non-linear;
    • Add more units (at minimum, plus the number of the corresponding rewards);
    • Create beautiful special effects for spells in battles;
    • Localize our game with more languages;
    • Make our game richer and more diverse (add unique bosses and characters, create alternate levels and endings etc.);
    • Port our game to MacOS and Linux if we reach $100000.
    The starting $15 tier gives you a DRM-free digital copy of the game + a "DRM-free Collectors Edition of Discord Times including never released before Map Editor." Sounds good to me.

They also have a video showing off the team and the alpha version of the game, but I can't seem to embed it in this post so you should head over to the project's Kickstarter page and watch it there.

Thanks Knotanalt!
    Grunker and Knotanalt Brofist this.
    ^ Top  
  2. Mozgoëbstvo Learned

Mozgoëbstvo
    How sweet, it's a russo-german project!
    GET FUNDED, damn and blast your goggly eyes!
    ^ Top  
  3. InspectorRumpole Learned

InspectorRumpole
    Looks like HoMM for grown ups.
    Question is if the combat will be as crappy as in Disciples. :hmmm:
    ^ Top  
  4. Ulminati SRB connoisseur Patron

Ulminati
    And apparently, Aterdux Entertainment are now stalking us! I for one welcome our new russian LARP overlords :salute:

It looks interesting, but my april/may jewgold pool of awesome indie funding is blown already.

(In before a Drog alt spams hateful nonsense that makes them leave forever)
    felipepepe Brofists this.
    ^ Top  
  5. evdk comrade troglodyte :M Patron

evdk
    Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    OK, I have set aside part of my measly food budget to do my patriotic duty and support my Slavic brothers (even though they are crazy Belarusians). Hopefully this snowballs now and gets funded (and I die of malnutrition), because so far it looks pretty quiet on the monetary front.
    ^ Top  
  6. hoverdog dog that is hovering

hoverdog
    Project: Eternity
    oh boy, nice larping there :salute:

and the fucking accent :incline:

the game looks nice though, having a working alpha version really helps. I'll support my fellow belarussian brothers however I can.
    ^ Top  
  7. commie The Last Marxist Patron

commie
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
    Why does it need KS funding when 1C or Buka will fund any old Slavic crap?
    ^ Top  
  8. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    :hmmm:
    ^ Top  
  9. Commissar Draco KKKodex WCDS Commissar

Commissar Draco
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    For this price you can have swords for entire Company. Actualy cutting ones not some deco crap Also Knights Errants were Gypsy Knights without land, given that one of goal of the game is to hold, manage and castles It is Baron/Cunt simulator... like Stronghold, Lords of the Realm with Heroes of Might and Magic tactical TB combat amarite?
    ^ Top  
  10. General Maxson Cipher

General Maxson
    Yeah, you guys are very worried about not getting enough bang for your buck at 10 000$ like you would support it with that much. :smug: But, I do agree, they should have put ton of meaningless crap in each reward tier, so it attracts more people as people seem to like that kind of shit. Personally I fund games because I want to play them and mostly dislike that reward tiers in the first place.
    Knotanalt and Burning Bridges Brofist this.
    ^ Top  
  11. Commissar Draco KKKodex WCDS Commissar

Commissar Draco
    And I love My hard earned Potatoes so I give them only to Gents and Trannies I know and trust.... Like Brian Fargo and MCA.... or After seeing and playing Demo like in case of AoD, Nethergate, Steel Panthers and Planet Stronghold. Game promises much but I am not sure if those Larpers will deliver.
    ^ Top  
  12. curry Prophet

curry
    Eisenwald? Sounds too Jew
    ^ Top  
  13. Ulminati SRB connoisseur Patron

Ulminati
    To be fair, spread over the wasteland 2 donation poll and the codex fundraiser, fair Codexia did fund another game with $21645
    ^ Top  
  14. Burning Bridges Tacticular Staff

Burning Bridges
    German, meaning "iron forest". Too bad they just pronounce it " Ysen - Vault " which is, well, pretty wrong.
    What's the use of having cool foreign names in your game if you can't even pronounce them properly?

is there a new Steel Panthers?
    ^ Top  
  15. Internet Learned

Internet
    I remember playing Discord Times years ago. It felt like a poor man Disciples, the game had potential but there wasn't much to do in the gameworld. The difficulty was extremely random, you could meet peasants with pitchforks or armored knights backed by wizards that would kill you in one turn.
    ^ Top  
  16. InspectorRumpole Learned

InspectorRumpole
    The Codex should do a fund raiser for $10k and make outragerous game feature demands. Like ..hookerbots :smug:
    ^ Top  
  17. DwarvenFood Arcane Patron

DwarvenFood
    Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
    Skipping this one.
    ^ Top  
  18. Ulminati SRB connoisseur Patron

Ulminati
    At least make it sound like it would belong in a setting about knights.

Courtesanbots :incline:
    ^ Top  
  19. Commissar Draco KKKodex WCDS Commissar

Commissar Draco
    [​IMG]
    Nope Just got 3 latest of them... SPWAW was even in local EMPIK.:obviously: All have patch to protect Ze Germans from going Dr Strangelove:

BTW this the perfect song for Fallout 4 intro; Would love to play survival game done during and after the Bombs fell... but Bethpizda won't agree on any prequels.
    ^ Top  
  20. Burning Bridges Tacticular Staff

Burning Bridges
    So the answer is No.
    ^ Top  
  21. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    My concern was with giving people who donate $10k 'executive producer' status and strong influence on design. Obviously they can just tell the donor to fuck off if he makes stupid suggestions/decisions but still...
    ^ Top  
  22. mikaelis Liturgist Patron

mikaelis
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014
    Pledged.
    Oh come on! Jew a fucking 15 dorrah! The concept is nice, it looks good, it's nearly finished, what's not to like in it?
    villain of the story and Knotanalt Brofist this.
    ^ Top  
  23. mindx2 Arcane Patron

mindx2
    Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    I almost clicked off the Kickstarter page when the video started... LARPing? Really?! But after a few minutes I actually started to like it! That was one of the better "lesser known" Kikstarter presentations and now I'm torn on whether to pledge for this one as well?!!! I think I'll wait just a little while on this one and see some more info from them.
    Knotanalt Brofists this.
    ^ Top  
  24. mikaelis Liturgist Patron

mikaelis
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014
    Yeah, I smiled fondly for some reason at the last scene when the guy with this funny hat was giving the sword to the camera and said with this lovely accent "You gonna need it":love:

Would give them more if I could.
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above links helps us pay the hosting bills)