Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Legends of Eisenwald Released

Monocause

Arcane
Except you were playing such boring game at lenght and only the bug stopped you, try harder.

At length? Let's not get over ourselves.
But yea, the bug and the realization that I am wasting my time on a game nowhere near intriguing as I thought with boring and frustrating combat mechanics.
If it were not for the bug, it could have been just as easily the need to take a piss or someone ringing at the door to stop me from continuing to play.

If I were to pirate some AAA game and tell about it, nobody would have cared.
But if I pirate a mediocre turn based game just to see what's all about from a studio the Codex has a fetish for, all the hypocrites start to come out from the woodwork riding high horses and fisting each other.

1) Considering how many LP's are there for pretty much any game released in the last 5 years on youtube, you don't need to 'demo' shit anymore

2) Douchebags like you who pirate it and then complain about "bugs" that result from using poorly made cracks are harmful to developers, the industry and the VG community in general.

So - go fuck yourself.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
1) Considering how many LP's are there for pretty much any game released in the last 5 years on youtube, you don't need to 'demo' shit anymore
If you really, really believe that then you're an irrefutable imbecile. And I am sorry I'm so retrograde that I don't substitute pirated "demos" with youtube as devs or producers want me to.

Douchebags like you who pirate it and then complain about "bugs" that result from using poorly made cracks are harmful to developers, the industry and the VG community in general.
What a bunch of pathetic and woeful load of crap. I see you really moved some morons with this stale speech.
I (the douchebag pirate only interested if a game eventually deserves my money) complained about a nonexistent bug and suddenly! I am harmful to the industry! An industry that is already riddled with money grabbing publisher cunts and kickstarted underwhelming games that never launch on time.
For your unwanted information, I have more games in my collection that I paid for than you have brain cells in that thick skull of yours, you fuckin defender of the industry!

PS: and to the guy at Aterdux Entertainment, maybe your time is better spent fixing bugs and spicing up your mediocre game instead of brofisting a moron's post bent on scolding a fellow pirate douchebag.

Viata

Arcane
I still pirate any game I may be interested to buy. Unless the game itself has a demo. Never play more than 1 hour. Then I stop, uninstall the game and buy if I like, don't buy if I don't like. I don't like watch LP and will keep 'demoing' games.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I Demoed games made by AAA Jews true but then I took the job into my knee... Since most of them are not worth playing anyway Kommissar now watches Komrade RK47 LPs. Ban this faggot Grotesque.

P.S. Will the patches be accessible on Humble?

DeepOcean

Arcane
PS: and to the guy at Aterdux Entertainment, maybe your time is better spent fixing bugs and spicing up your mediocre game instead of brofisting a moron's post bent on scolding a fellow pirate douchebag.
Dude, if the bug was caused by a shitty crack how do you expect the developer solve that for you? If you truly buy a game after you "test" it as you claim, that is your problem for your conscience but omitting you are playing a pirate copy, only confessing when caught then getting all smug and complaining about bugs with the developer you didn't pay a cent because you have a pirate copy... just stop and analyse your behavior for a minute.

Monocause

Arcane
I still pirate any game I may be interested to buy. Unless the game itself has a demo. Never play more than 1 hour. Then I stop, uninstall the game and buy if I like, don't buy if I don't like. I don't like watch LP and will keep 'demoing' games.

That is beside the point. There's plenty of people who pirate because they actually can't afford crap. There's plenty of people who pirate for a lot of reasons. I'm not anti-piracy on principle, especially since nowadays it's a great equalizer in terms of access to knowledge and key skills.

If you 'demo' stuff that's your business, although there really is a lot of great let's plays available, and due to how quickly you can browse that crap and pick different videos and look at different playstyles I personally find it's far easier to gauge if the game is any good by browsing through let's plays in 30 mins rather than sinking hours into it myself; also, with how patching looks like nowadays (pirate releases are usually way behind in patching) and how many games have some sort of limited online functionality, when pirating you're missing a part of the picture that legit let's players will not. Oftentimes it can mean a difference between bits of the game being badly broken for you or working just fine on the latest patch.

The thing I mind a lot is when people use bad cracks or can't use patches that have been available for weeks and then complain how the title lacks polish in public. It can be tremendously bad PR, particularly for indie games where the Steam early access shenanigans has made many people quite wary of unpolished indie releases. These people are very often the most vile, feel the most entitled and seem to adore a whinge more than anyone else. And when caught red-handed, follow through with a genius non-culpability statement like DUH ITS SHIT ANYWAY IM NOT PAYING FOR SHIT.

It's kinda like listening to a concert free of charge, from a hill overlooking an outdoor venue, and then posting everywhere on the net on how crap everything sounded. Fuck that.

Last edited:

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Attendum: Humble version is old beta; fought Kommissar revulsion to spyware and installed the game on Steam; the bug with Watch Tower treasure dissappearing from inventory when you gift it to Bro Berthold still in in version 1.01. Otherwise the big :incline: over the beta which pirate scum here use. :hero:

SniperHF

Arcane
The Humble will be updated too but DRM-free version was always a bit behind and this time it's not an exception. We still hope for GOG contract but if it's still be there.

Where do you get the Humble DRM free version? The main link on the Humble Store says Steam.

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
Where do you get the Humble DRM free version? The main link on the Humble Store says Steam.
Hopefully sometime this week! Our DRM-free version was always a bit behind. Currently, it's not even working which is pretty sad and we are also trying to figure out why. Had a similar thing with the Steam version on the day of the release but it seems it was something else since that solution didn't work. It's something related to SFX in both cases.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
but omitting you are playing a pirate copy, only confessing when caught then getting all smug and complaining about bugs with the developer

So what do you really expect?
To come here on the forums depicting my game consumer philosophy from the start when no one asked for it and say I have a cracked copy and initiate all the useless drama (which eventually was reached anyway because I promptly admitted) and gather the holly wrath of all the russian rednecks and other knights in shining armor wielding dicks for brains?
"I regret nothing" was smug you say?
Besides being also genuinely truthful I must confess a small part of me wanted to see all the butthurt hypocrisy rising to the surface like the slag in furnace.

Should I bore you furthermore with how my remark, "Fuck this" was not a complaint about the "bug" but a statement of my disappointment with another game which in my view is another letdown, bug or no bug?

complaining about bugs with the developer
Complained with the developer? I didn't even know someone from there wastes his time around here. He really must love this place :)

Thats right dimwit, look at all the games I've illegally downloaded since time immemorial:

DSCF5613.jpg

Last edited:

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Grotesque You have 5 boxed copies of Fallout and the Deluxe Edition of Arena? I'm impressed... :thumbsup: Also, what is the Gothic game right next to the original Gothic? Do you have clearer pictures of these as the top shelf is difficult to see?

FeelTheRads

Arcane
That's 5xFallout 1. And they all look sealed. That's quite a bit of money only in those.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom