Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Legends of Eisenwald Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Aterdux Entertainment; Legends of Eisenwald

Aterdux Entertainment's medieval strategy RPG Legends of Eisenwald concluded its long, long journey from Kickstarter through Early Access to final release today. It's now available on Steam for the price of $30 minus 15% launch discount, and I assume that additional platforms are on the way. Here's the launch trailer and description from the store page:

Legends of Eisenwald is an adventure game with tactical battles, RPG and strategy elements. Take the lead of a small feudal army and try to defend your right to survive in this ruthless medieval world.

The mysterious lands of old Germany are waiting for you - it's a land where the superstitions of the time have come to life. This isn’t a fantasy game. There are no elves or dragons here. There are only people - and their passions, sins and fears that often take a tangible form. Which path will you choose? Live according to your conscience? Or live by power and might? Or will you live by justice? And what is your justice, really?

Game features

• A unique and dynamic combat system - each move is also an attack
  • The ability to individually equip *each* fighter in your army
  • A large selection of weapons, spells and abilities, including the option to use mounted units
  • Diverse upgrade trees, and each unit level up provides cosmetic changes
  • An intriguing non-linear story
  • A distinctive game world without common fantasy cliches
  • Over 50 hours of gameplay within the game. A main campaign consisting of eight chapters plus two additional scenarios.
  • A beautiful symphonic soundtrack in a medieval style
  • An accompanying Scenario Editor with the full set of developer tools

Eisenwald's journey may not be over yet, though. Aterdux clearly have ambitions for this game, having raised its price from $20 to $30 upon leaving Early Access, and a post on their website reveals that they already have additional content planned, with a $20 "expansion pass" granting access to all of it. Pretty gutsy! Well, congratulations guys, and good luck. Hopefully our review isn't too far off.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Legends of Eisenwald 1.0 is released!
Posted by Aterdux Entertainment
Hello, everyone,

we are very happy to tell you the game has been released, about an hour ago on Steam! We released Legends of Eisenwald in a better shape than we were hoping for. The first reviews are coming and so far they are very positive. We thank you once again for your support and we would like to share with you our release trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsOoql0VV34
And a live action trailer that is a director's cut of a little outing we had back in April

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TzmKm9cJE8
Our version of this trailer is coming and you might like it better.

Digital and physical rewards

Digital rewards will be done through Humble where you can also get your keys (check update #42 for details). We had an unexpected issue today and we were not able to set it up through Humble. We will do it hopelly tomorrow, sorry for the delay.

As for physical rewards, printing and making them took longer than we anticipated plus some last minute issues unfortunately didn't make it possible for us to send it out. We will do it though sometime next week. A lot of things are printed, some are ordered and need to be picked up. Please accept our apologies for this delay too.

Overall, we wish you to have fun experience with the game!

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts,

All of us at Aterdux

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Combat looks almost like a blobber with how small the battlefield is. There's like 30 hexes for 20 dudes

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I don't get it. How do I get my steam key? Yes, yes - humble bundle blah blah. I'll need a code to redeem it from there.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I think I kickstarted this when I was was drank as fuck. I'll right a review next thursday of premium quality.

Gicusan

Educated
Good. I was really waiting for this and I am 5 hours in and I like it. I expected to like it and it did not fail me. Still to early to say but management of resources is good, itemization is interesting, combat is more than OK (but I love turn based and I am clearly biased here, especially after PoE and Witcher 3 stupid real time). Story is so-so. Medieval atmosphere is decent. Quests are not too clear to fallow but I am not sure I am against it (with a few exceptions that are really foggy). Hmm, going in some more next week.

PS. This game is somewhere halfway between RPG and Strategy; I like them both so it may not suit all.

Last edited:

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I highly recommed this game for anyone who loves turn based games. Main stargey/rpg map is not turn based though. (simultaneous)But battles themselves are more than enough.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
That would require me to search my email and find the steam key. There is always a chance.

Krraloth

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2
That would require me to search my email and find the steam key. There is always a chance.

To be honest if I had your skills I'd make finding the steam key part of a ongoing installment of raw, unedited opinions about the game step by step.
Starting from the hunt of the aforementioned key, of course.

A user named cat

Was interested in this before being a King's Bounty whore who is sick to death of KB expansions but that trailer looked a little flaky. Checked on Steam and there appears to be a lot of negative reviews claiming it's banal, shit, boring with shallow combat that requires no strategy. If even Steamtards are calling it casual and lacking, I can only imagine how lackluster it may be. That's unfortunate.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Was interested in this before being a King's Bounty whore who is sick to death of KB expansions but that trailer looked a little flaky. Checked on Steam and there appears to be a lot of negative reviews claiming it's banal, shit, boring with shallow combat that requires no strategy. If even Steamtards are calling it casual and lacking, I can only imagine how lackluster it may be. That's unfortunate.

You could also ask the opinions of one of the...at least 44 Codexers who own it.

A user named cat

You could also ask the opinions of one of the...at least 44 Codexers who own it.
Who to trust? Steam or Codex? The chicken or the egg?

:prosper:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom