Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Legends of Eisenwald released on GOG, gets Road to Iron Forest DLC

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Aterdux Entertainment; Legends of Eisenwald; Legends of Eisenwald: Road to Iron Forest

Four months after its original release in July, Aterdux Entertainment's Legends of Eisenwald has arrived on GOG, where it is currently available at a 33% discount as part of the currently ongoing Fall Sale. Eisenwald also got its first piece of DLC yesterday, entitled Legends of Eisenwald: Road to Iron Forest. Here's the combined description from its Steam and GOG pages:

Our story begins with the death of Gustav Platte, your father’s older brother. In this world, he was a strong and dour man, who had seen much of the world and partook in his fair share of sins. None will dare to guess what awaits him in the next world. Through the many festivities he participated in he never seemed to revel in them. His eyes held a heaviness only matched by the weight of his flail. Some joked that this heaviness suggested the man had passed through Iron Forest. And at times it was hard to say, whether they were jokes at all.

The tale begins with a death, but it will not be last before the story’s conclusion.

Gustav’s estate was divided in accordance with his will. Felsen Castle and the adjoining villages passed into your brother’s ownership. Other relatives partitioned the estate of Ludahof, the land and a fortune worth several thousand guldens. You, however, inherited just a sword and a small casket. You opened the latter to find two objects.

The one was a metal oak leaf similar in size to a real one. At first it seemed a decoration to you but you knew the difference between silver and steel. The edge pierced your hand and you wondered who would make a decoration that could wound? Curious, you scrutinized the leaf closer. The veins were were so thin, its folds and imperfections so true to life. The spots and the play of shading was unlike any engraving you had ever seen that there was no doubt in your mind that this was not made by a human hand…

The other object inside the casket was a map.
  • New scenario that takes place in Volmek - one of the lands near Windfield
  • 4-5 hours of gameplay
  • Sidequel to Legends of Eisenwald main campaign
The Road to Iron Forest DLC will cost you $5 on Steam, and it's also available for free on GOG if you buy the base game there before November 11th. Additionally, Aterdux are now selling a very honestly described Season Pass on Steam for $15, which guarantees at least two more DLCs to be released through the end of next summer. I imagine that'll be arriving on GOG shortly as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
Is there any chance of a fullscreen mode being implemented? Windowed seems to have that fuckey kind of vsync that caps the fps to half the monitor refreshrate once the it dips bellow the max Hz. Also, full video settings like resolution should be available in the ingame options menu, not just the launcher menu.
Full screen mode is the same as windowed borderless, there wouldn't be any difference I am afraid even if it's there. Doing resolution in the ingame menu would cause you restart the game if changed. I think it makes more sence in the launcher...

Unwanted

Douchebag

Unwanted
The problem with these kind of games I found is that they rely too heavily on writing when the writing talent clearly isn't here even if their hearts are in the right place. The video game industry has yet, and probably never will, to attract the talents otherwise working for the literature and movie industries.

Don't know what course of action to follow here regarding this DLC.

Unwanted

Douchebag

Unwanted
Considering this place was likely created in the early 2000s you hardly qualify. Poor attempt at Rep harvesting.

A user named cat

The problem with douchebags is that they're douchebags.

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
The problem with these kind of games I found is that they rely too heavily on writing when the writing talent clearly isn't here even if their hearts are in the right place. The video game industry has yet, and probably never will, to attract the talents otherwise working for the literature and movie industries.
No one really complains about our writing, in the most part we got a lot of praise on that. There are other more significant issues how our game is perceived.

Unwanted

Douchebag

Unwanted
No one really complains about our writing, in the most part we got a lot of praise on that. There are other more significant issues how our game is perceived.

Did I speak for everyone? You have to write something on the level of Neverwinter Night's dullness to not get baby praised for your writing.

HoMM and Disciples-inspired strategy-RPGs?

This isn't was Legend of Eisenwald turned out to be. Not for me at least. You should know better, those two are strategy games before being RPGs.

The problem with douchebags is that they're douchebags.

Phantasmal Inaugurated my ignore list. I don't mind people arguing against me virulently but that's just an antagonizing insult (shitpost) so kindly, goodbye.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If you want to say a game has bad writing, just say it has bad writing. No need to make nebulous statements about "these kind of games".

Unwanted

Douchebag

Unwanted
Was I misread? I meant, these RPGs with an abstracted overworld where you spend most of your time. You have to put extra effort to create a strong impression to the player or else you end up with King Bounty.

Another game in a similar vein was Banner Saga but its strength was in the art, music, setting and story more so than the written lines in themselves, which were fairly bad. I'm speaking for myself here but Eisenwald wasn't as captivating in that regard and the writing wasn't there to compensate.

A user named cat

Phantasmal Inaugurated my ignore list. I don't mind people arguing against me virulently but that's just an antagonizing insult (shitpost) so kindly, goodbye.
:kfc:

Newfag idiot names himself douchebag, gets called a douchebag for making an insulting douchebag post towards the game's writers. Cries about being insulted in return and mashes the butthurt douchebag button. I smell cuckery afoot. Neogaf is that way ----------------------->

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Douchebag is just a trolll, as if the username wasn't a giveaway. You could almost think its t-rex alt but the style seems to be different so I don't know. Anyway, I already ignored him yesterday after just two of his posts and then I saw this thread today full of people complaining about him.

Well, he probably won't last long.

_Fox_

Novice
Hi all!
I'm a new member here to the forums. I have registered here in hope to find new, good crpgs!

Congratulations Artedux on your game release on GOG.com! I have been keeping an eye on your game for sometime now and I'll be sure to pick it up on GOG.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I just started playing this. I am enjoying it a lot. Good job Aterdux Entertainment. You made an enjoyable game. The writing is nothing special, but it's fine and serves its purpose. I like how it incorporates many stories that sound like folktales. Maybe some of them even are real folktales.

The combat is fun and I like leveling up my characters. The game can be hard (I'm at the start of the third/fourth/fifth "level", depending on how you count it; it's the third big level, after you first encounter zombies and a priest brings you to a poacher's camp; I'm really struggling with my gold right now), which is good because it adds challenging fun.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom