Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Legend of Erthia - Armageddon (Might and Magic Inspired Game) - Official Thread

erthia

Educated
Some more updates. I have completed the huge cave. Lots of goodies, death, and the fun MM stuff in there! I have also got the main parts to the race system implemented. I am basically balancing stuff with the races. Here is a brief description I posted from the LOE FB page, "Humans are all round balanced, elves get a % increase in intellect, accuracy, mana, spell damage, orcs get a & increase in might, endurance, hit points, and damage but get decrease in intellect, wisdom, accuracy, and mana. Each class will have their strengths and weaknesses but the difference will show in the game." LOE uses some of its own mechanics when it comes to the main paramaeters. Anyways, work is flowing!

Dorateen

Arcane
Here is a brief description I posted from the LOE FB page, "Humans are all round balanced, elves get a % increase in intellect, accuracy, mana, spell damage, orcs get a & increase in might, endurance, hit points, and damage but get decrease in intellect, wisdom, accuracy, and mana.

Yes, but what do dwarves get!

erthia

Educated
Forgot to share them, lol! The ideal plan for Dwarves will be that they will get a might boost but not as much as the orc. They will also get an endurance boost and again not as much as the orc. They will get reduced speed, accuracy, and intellect but will get a natural magic resistance bonus.

Here is a brief description I posted from the LOE FB page, "Humans are all round balanced, elves get a % increase in intellect, accuracy, mana, spell damage, orcs get a & increase in might, endurance, hit points, and damage but get decrease in intellect, wisdom, accuracy, and mana.

Yes, but what do dwarves get!

Last edited:

Mustawd

Any chance that swapping portraits will be an easy task? Those 3D ones are a bit jarring compared to the rest of the art. Not a deal killer for me, but it'd be nice if it was a possibility.

LJ40

Cipher
Will be released before Grimoire

Not sure, I haven't paid too much attention to that project. I have only seen the threads here at the codex. However, progress is going pretty good now for LOE - Armageddom, but I'm not going to give a fixed release date at this time because I want to make sure when I do it is accurate.

That's the cool part. It literally does not matter when it releases.

Release date this year: before Grimoire
Release date in the year 8000: before Grimoire

erthia

Educated
LJ40:
I assume Grimoire has been progressing for a while?

Mustawd:
It's not currently implemented, but I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to add such a feature. I assume you're talking about using custom portraits in general?

erthia

Educated
Alright, I got some important updates. The whole inn and premade character idea is scrapped. Initially, I came up with this idea because LOE needs to make reference to the 4 most prominent characters in the game, "Maximus, Catherine, Arthur, and Priam." Without these characters LOE is losing a lot of its lore. So, to remedy this situation for Armageddon specifically, I have decided that the main heroes will be the 2nd promotion granting characters in LOE. They will also be at free will as the story progresses meaning they will travel across the lands and live their own lives too. Also, the hirling system is coming to LOE! You will be able to hire these main heroes into your party. They will also play important roles throughout the story such as participating in very important battles and events. This will allow for a 100% customizable party and keeping the LOE lore.

Dorateen

Arcane
Alright, I got some important updates. The whole inn and premade character idea is scrapped. Initially, I came up with this idea because LOE needs to make reference to the 4 most prominent characters in the game, "Maximus, Catherine, Arthur, and Priam." Without these characters LOE is losing a lot of its lore. So, to remedy this situation for Armageddon specifically, I have decided that the main heroes will be the 2nd promotion granting characters in LOE. They will also be at free will as the story progresses meaning they will travel across the lands and live their own lives too. Also, the hirling system is coming to LOE! You will be able to hire these main heroes into your party. They will also play important roles throughout the story such as participating in very important battles and events. This will allow for a 100% customizable party and keeping the LOE lore.

A wise decision. Of course having strong central NPCs is good world building. But too often developers want to force those characters into members of the player’s party. I applaud your design of allowing a custom party and the option to recruit NPCs. As a matter of fact, giving them their own agenda and letting these supporting characters move around independent of the player’s actions sounds fantastic.
Looking forward to more updates.

erthia

Educated
Snorkack:
It was on the table a little while ago, but I think with things mostly completed, it will be better to release LOE as a full game so players can enjoy the whole experience.

Dorateen :
Thanks bro. I think this was a good decision too. I remember the excitement of both MM6 and MM7 with being able to fully customize your party. At the same time, having the main heroes of Erthia like Maximus, Catherine, Arthur, and Priam as the second promotion trainers and as story npcs throughout the game will also stay true to the lore. So, it works out both ways! LOE - TEG can consist of the fixed party with the bigger story telling.

erthia

Educated
Hey guys, sorry for the lack of updates. 2015 wasn't as productive as I wanted it to be. I spent a lot of time implenting the new scripts and coding to make work flow a little more effective. One example: instead of having to change every single on-map enemy when attributes or something changes, all I have to do is edit the base and all map events/creatures change. I did a lot of these kinds of changes to make things easier for the future. I also did some revamping on the MM-like coding so it's not so sloppy and not so scattered. It's 2016, and I plan on putting in much more focus this year. Anyways, happy new years guys!

1064681_541671369222550_1532349350_o.jpg

Last edited:

erthia

Educated
I am deeply sorry for the very massive lack of updates and work on LOE for the past while. I had all good hopes to start this year off to a good start with LOE. Unfortunately, I had a pretty negative situation. All of the details can be viewed here:

LINK REMOVED - Situation resolved!

I just want to say this though. The only reason why I am continuing on with LOE - Armageddon is because of you guys the fans and friends, Ubisoft, and the Might and Magic team. All of you have shown me much love and support for my work on LOE. I respect and appreciate all of that, and I respect and appreciate all of you friends. I have cooled down now, and I have already began working on LOE again as of earlier today.

EDIT: I finally got some answers and the situation has been resolved.

Regards,

Richard

Last edited:

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Sorry to hear about that situation, I can relate. Guess this is a lesson every freelancer is deemed to learn, that an informal promise sometimes is worth shit without a contract.
However, I hope you get your financial and health issues fixed and am really happy to hear that you won't abandon this project.

Ubisoft on the other hand is a great company. They took interest in my project LOE and supported me by giving me permission to use their game assets which saved a heck of a lot of the time in the development of LOE.
What the actual... So that means your game will be freeware?

erthia

Educated
Sorry to hear about that situation, I can relate. Guess this is a lesson every freelancer is deemed to learn, that an informal promise sometimes is worth shit without a contract.
However, I hope you get your financial and health issues fixed and am really happy to hear that you won't abandon this project.

Ubisoft on the other hand is a great company. They took interest in my project LOE and supported me by giving me permission to use their game assets which saved a heck of a lot of the time in the development of LOE.
What the actual... So that means your game will be freeware?

Thanks Snorkack. LOE - Armageddon has always been free. It's a project I've been creating just out of my love for Might and Magic. LOE - TEG and LOE - Resurrection were the ones that were going to be my commercial projects.

erthia

Educated
Hey guys, just an update on LOE: Armageddon. More quests have been implemented into the world. All of the new scripting is pretty much in place for things such as how on-map monsters, barrels, treasure chests, etc work. This helps alot if I need to make changes. I have added the Silverfin Tavern map to the world, it's a very important part of Erthia's lore and some of the events including both sidequests and main quests will be there. I am now currently working on more maps and implementing more quests from the databse into the world.

screenshot004.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom