Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Learning Exercise

tiagocc0

Arcane
Sorry about the lack of updates.

As a learning exercise I got a college project I did some years ago with Dev-Cpp and OpenGL and I'm porting it to Qt, then later I will port it to QML.

If anyone is interested here's my old code, free to use.

Yesterday I mostly tried to do an image for the board, the game is Othello, a board game.
I choose this because it's rather simple to implement an IA.
For the IA I had used at the time Minimax from Game Theory and with this port I will try to make some adjustments to it.

Here's a screenshot of the new board:
board.png

Edit: Ow, some parts of the code may be in portuguese, I can't remember and the game itself is in portuguese.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Nice to hear from you again! :)

And it's good you do exercises, hopefully it will be in favor for StarLife eventually. Kudos for sharing the code too. :salute:

tiagocc0

Arcane
Surf Solar said:
Nice to hear from you again! :)

And it's good you do exercises, hopefully it will be in favor for StarLife eventually. Kudos for sharing the code too. :salute:

Thanks! It will be a long road, but I just need to keep walking :salute:

tiagocc0

Arcane
Here's an update: http://vimeo.com/31350518

It will take 2 hours from the time I'm posting this message for the video to appear on the site.

I finally got some time to mess with the code.
The source code will be available tomorrow.
Time to sleep, cya guys! :thumbsup:

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Vimeo looks nice, but has ridicolously high converting times. :o Anyway, I'm patiently waiting for the video and the actual sourcecode. Maybe I could learn a thing or two from it. Keep on doing the good stuff on StarLife! ;)

tiagocc0

Arcane
Surf Solar said:
Vimeo looks nice, but has ridicolously high converting times. :o Anyway, I'm patiently waiting for the video and the actual sourcecode. Maybe I could learn a thing or two from it. Keep on doing the good stuff on StarLife! ;)

Yeah, vimeo is quite slow. Thank you very much!

The source code is being made available at gitorious: (It's my first time using it, :) )
https://gitorious.org/othello/othello/a ... all/master

Or download directly from my site:
http://purpleorangegames.com/Othello.7z

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom