Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LawBreakers - Cliff Bleszinski's failed multiplayer shooter

abija

Prophet
Yeah why would the poor publishers spend money in promoting the game. Also, the game is mostly a mess design wise. It could become better if they take in player feedback and carefully polish it but that requires time and a lot more support than the boot nexon is gonna shove up their asses.

Gepeu

Savant
Patron
DGEPOPLUQAQ43vx.jpg:orig

Just a reminder.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Any shred of doubt whether I should try this game or not is now gone.

Some people are extremely out of touch.

Last edited:

TheRedSnifit

Educated
It's a shame that this game isn't doing better because, by all accounts, it is really excellent old school MP fun.
Here's hoping that good word of mouth will draw more players to it.

It isn't old school though. It's still in the Overwatch school of MOBA elements + mostly automatic advanced movement set to cooldowns + bafflingly powerful hitscan machine guns.

It doesn't do the "Quake but with classes" gameplay as well as Team Fortress 2, nor does it do the MOBA-FPS nonsense as well as Overwatch. Nor does it have the aesthetic charm of either of those, foregoing interesting (if shamelessly derivative in the case of OW) designs and visuals and instead going for Drawn to Death-level edginess and characters that look like they walked off the box of a Sapphire Radeon graphics card.

Last edited:

TheRedSnifit

Educated
Remember all those classes in oldskull UT and Q3? Yeah, me neither.

Well, the Team Fortress mod came out in 1996 and Starsiege: Tribes came out in 1998, so I don't really think classes preclude a game from being "old school." But there really isn't much Team Fortress or Tribes in Lawbreakers.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Cliffy B's a horrible marketer. Someone should have reeled him in because none of that brash talk sold more, but I guarantee it kept a number of people away. Also, the game doesn't look half bad but who the fuck devs this sort of thing when Overwatch is out? There were multiple companies doing what Overwatch was doing and most smartly hit the eject switch the second Blizzard revealed theirs.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Situation is p.dire
WHEN OUT OF SUDDEN
http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/345883-remember-game-brink-now-free-play-steam

Of all the strange announcements one could concoct on any given day, I'm not sure even the most outlandish saw this one coming, and that's probably because they forgot the game existed. But, here it is anyway: Brink, Splash Damage and Bethesda's parkour shooter from 2011, is now free-to-play on Steam.

It was a markedly unceremonious occasion, coming from Steam's official Twitter account, linking to a two-sentence announcement, one of which was describing what the game is. Neither the game's developer, Splash Damage, nor its publisher, Bethesda, had any similar announcement on Twitter, seemingly highlighting how out-of-left-field and potentially irrelevant this announcement is.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/22350/BRINK/

Result?

CkGp3wK.png

LJOzRtb.png

:rpgcodex:

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Situation is p.dire
WHEN OUT OF SUDDEN
http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/345883-remember-game-brink-now-free-play-steam

Of all the strange announcements one could concoct on any given day, I'm not sure even the most outlandish saw this one coming, and that's probably because they forgot the game existed. But, here it is anyway: Brink, Splash Damage and Bethesda's parkour shooter from 2011, is now free-to-play on Steam.

It was a markedly unceremonious occasion, coming from Steam's official Twitter account, linking to a two-sentence announcement, one of which was describing what the game is. Neither the game's developer, Splash Damage, nor its publisher, Bethesda, had any similar announcement on Twitter, seemingly highlighting how out-of-left-field and potentially irrelevant this announcement is.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/22350/BRINK/

Result?

CkGp3wK.png

LJOzRtb.png

:rpgcodex:
Hahahaha holy shit, it's like someone at Bethesda decided they wanted to rub it in Cliffy's face some more.

Black

Arcane
Now he shat on xbawks. After xbawks took him in and let him do his shitty tears of war popamole. He's a shitstain.

Last edited:

mbv123

Arbiter
SJW cuckold devs creating Overwatch clones
Randy with Battleborn
Cliff with Lawbreakers
it's like poetry, it rhymes

Drakron

Arcane
Randy with Battleborn
Cliff with Lawbreakers

So you think Overwatch have any kind of originality ...

HowCute.jpg

All three started at around the same time, Battleborn was even announced before Overwatch, they are all games that started in 2014, Overwatch simply own because its

a) Activision Blizzard and thus millions of drones
b) Completely unoriginal and streamlined so even your grandma can play it

Battleborn and Lawbreakers just had the incredible bad luck of being far in development when Overwatch was announced, neither could be cancelled at that point since Lawbreakers is the studio first game and Battleborn not only was announced months before Overwatch but released about 2 weeks before it.

I am pretty sure Lawbreakers stop being Free 2 Play simply because they realized how fucked they were and tried to recover some losses.

Edit:

Oh and before you accuse them from being SJWs ... Tracer is apparently Lesbian, does anyone gives a fuck? no but someone at Blizzard did as they pointed out Tracer is a Lesbian.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Randy with Battleborn
Cliff with Lawbreakers

So you think Overwatch have any kind of originality ...

HowCute.jpg

All three started at around the same time, Battleborn was even announced before Overwatch, they are all games that started in 2014, Overwatch simply own because its

a) Activision Blizzard and thus millions of drones
b) Completely unoriginal and streamlined so even your grandma can play it

Battleborn and Lawbreakers just had the incredible bad luck of being far in development when Overwatch was announced, neither could be cancelled at that point since Lawbreakers is the studio first game and Battleborn not only was announced months before Overwatch but released about 2 weeks before it.

I am pretty sure Lawbreakers stop being Free 2 Play simply because they realized how fucked they were and tried to recover some losses.

Edit:

Oh and before you accuse them from being SJWs ... Tracer is apparently Lesbian, does anyone gives a fuck? no but someone at Blizzard did as they pointed out Tracer is a Lesbian.
Well Overwatch as shit as may be it is the genre founder,so yeah it is original in some way.Oh an by the way Overwatch was in production since around 2007,before it become Overwatch was know as project Titan.If you are going to shit at something at least get it right.Also it is obvious why Overwatch is success,Blizzard just made some deal with the devil so that every their game is a massive success!

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
What genre founder? It's dumber tf2.
Yeah totally forgot about that shit.But still they are different,after all you can say that TF2 is boring version of team deathmatch from Half life.By that logic we can say that every game is shitty iteration of DOOM!

Self-Ejected

Pariah Dog

Self-Ejected
Patron
You know what gets me? I've seen this promo pic get around a little bit, and it never ceases to amaze me how fucking dumb it looks.
479d49cd05.png

"If you shoot guns backwards it makes you fly and go fast." Someone flunked Physics. (Especially the rocket launcher, that would be a recoil-less system and the backblast from firing a rocket would take the top of his fucking head off.) It doesn't even look cool in the way "cool guys never look at explosions" works. It just looks retarded.
(edit: better pic, so you can see all the useless shit people are apparently willing to pony up for as well. Fucking "collector's edition" shit needs to die.)

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Pariah Dog

Self-Ejected
Patron
I think I figured it out. PaleMoon, you cheeky little tart.
EDIT: nope, because the other browsers are doing it too. What in the goddamn.
b48823cc23.png

Something in my fucking computer is trying to send shit out and all my scans are coming back squeaky clean. What the fuck. Out, through the browser, and only in this thread.
There, tweaked NoScript, it's not triggering MB's 'tism anymore. Whatever it is, it's somewhere in here.
EDIT: HA, found it. Drakron , that image you posted, the "HowCute" one.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom