Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LawBreakers - Cliff Bleszinski's failed multiplayer shooter

Perkel

Arcane
He is rich. He just want to be more rich

Dr Tomo

Learned
So worthless bum obsessed with bad design and money makes a new game ?

Let me guess. F2P.

Hahah and there it is. He didn't come back to make an arena shooter. He came back to try and get rich.

He actually is quite well off as he drives a high end Porche that some intern posted a pic of one point, the only sports car in the parking lot lolz. I honestly think he is just salty that the popamole franchises he created that raked in millions of $$$$ went to Epic and he only got a % of it. So he left and this time he is going to create another "big hit" and regardless what people say, many on the Codex will be playing this title and shelling out $$$.

Perkel

Arcane
"Quite well off" doesn't suffice.

He has stake at Oculus before FB bought it for 2bln, He was/is/sold part of Epic as he was one of the founders of it. He earned shit ton of money for years as stake holder of Epic as well as his job in it.

He can probably alone fund few AA games from his pocket.

I don't mind people getting rich (it is awesome) i mind where they try to sell me "everything goes so accept it" att. and his money first att. toward almost anything related to games.

He is like those people calling you to sell you some bullshit books and shitty stuff no one wants.

AlexOfSpades

Arcane
wow__it__s_fucking_nothing____by_xedamier-d3fj1t8.jpg

I hate teasers

grudgebringer

Ok, so this is Unreal Engine, and by the looks it's arena type of shooter. Now what?

Astral Rag

Arcane
Cliff Bleszinski New Game Being Revealed This Week
By Graham Smith on August 24th, 2015 at 10:22 am

Cliff Bleszinski has been teasing Project Bluestreak since the middle of 2014, but now it looks like concrete details are on their way. Bleszinski’s Boss Key and publisher Nexon have launched a teaser site called The Shattering with a countdown, which currently has two days, six hours, 37 minutes and 33 seconds left to go.

Although the website is called The Shattering, that’s not necessarily the game’s name if Bleszinski’s tweet is anything to go by. Instead it seems likely that the Shattering is the in-world name for whatever world-changing event precedes the game, and is presumably what’s being depicted in the world of fires and slanting skyscrapers pictured above.

We already know for sure that Bluestreak is a free-to-play first-person shooter set in a post-apocalyptic sci-fi world. Here’s what Bleszinski said about the kind of game he wants to make in a Reddit AMA last year:

“I want to make a skill based game where someone who is really, really good is seen as a player with nearly godlike abilities. Sure, once in a while the person who sucks might get lucky with a stray shot and take that person down, but I want to craft a game that has weapons and moves that are easy to learn but to really make them sing takes thousands of hours of play just like a professional athlete would. Anyone can toss a football, but Drew Brees can get it through the tire at X yards every time.”

But if I was to speculate, I’d guess that Bluestreak, whatever it’s called, will fall somewhere on the spectrum of games ranging from Destiny to Warframe and Gearbox’s Battleborn. Or as Randy Pitchford described the latter game, I’m going to guess Bluestreak is a “hobby-grade coop campaign; genre-blended, multi-mode competitive e-sports; meta-growth, choice + epic Battleborn Bluestreak Heroes!”

If I’m wrong, perhaps Bleszinksi will retweet this story with the word “Nope.”

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/08/24/cliff-bleszinski-new-game/

free-to-play first-person shooter
:negative:

Delbaeth

Learned
It would be nicer if the game was an Avatar (the movie) rip off, and named "Blue Steack".

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Project Bluestreak has become LawBreakers: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...inski-reveals-gravity-defying-fps-lawbreakers

Cliff Bleszinski reveals gravity-defying FPS LawBreakers

Gears of War creator Cliff Bleszinski revealed LawBreakers, the debut game at his new studio Boss Key Productions.

An arena FPS set in 2105, LawBreakers will focus on cops and robbers both defying the laws of gravity after a moon-based experiment threw all of Isaac Newton's work asunder.

There will be all manner of jetpacks, grappling hooks and gravity-manipulating devices. Bleszinski likened LawBreakers to the "ground is lava" game where folks do everything in their power to avoid touching the floor.

Bleszinski said the game's three main pillars will be "gangs, guns and gravity" and there will be plenty of factions within both law enforcements and cartels. Each team will have the same classes and abilities, even if the characters look different depending on whether they're cops or criminals.

He also noted that "half of our cast is female."

LawBreakers will be a free-to-play game launching in 2016.

Last edited:

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Dunno and don't really care. It looks neat but F2P tends to do that to me. Shame, this guy worked on some games I absolutely enjoyed. Jazz Jackrabbit, Tyrian and Brothers in Arms were neat.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Dunno and don't really care. F2P tends to do that to me. Shame, this guy worked on some games I absolutely enjoyed. Jazz Jackrabbit, Tyrian and Brothers in Arms were neat.

Is it Team Fortress 2 F2P or mobile game with microtransactions F2P?

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Don't know and don't rightly care. Everything F2P has been tainted in one way or another. Perhaps this one will be different. Perhaps not. Untill it's out and widely proclaimed to be the second coming I just can't bring myself to care.

TripJack

Hedonist
the movement is slow console friendly shit, , classes in a dm-style multiplayer shooter are shit, no health indicator so i can only assume its some regenerating shit, f2p p2w is shit, the art is shit, and cliff beszinkowitz is shit and he doesn't know shit about making a good shooter

nice to see tribes vengeance grappler being ripped off though

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
:necro:

No longer F2P, with a more "mature" art style: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-03-17-lawbreakers-no-longer-free-to-play-due-this-summer

Cliff Bleszinski's upcoming gravity-manipulating first-person arena shooter LawBreakers is no longer going to be a free-to-play title.

jpg

Bleszinski announced the change of direction at a GDC panel this afternoon attended by Eurogamer.

Why the new payment structure? As it turns out, many shooter fans find the idea of free-to-play distasteful. Like there's got to be some kind of catch - usually in the form of the dreaded "pay-to-win" model.

"We didn't really want to go down that well of buying energy or a lot of the sleazier techniques that feel like they've taken over a lot of free-to-play," Bleszinski said. "A lot of core gamers still have this wincing reaction when you suggest that something's free-to-play, because they feel like they're going to get ripped off."

Developer Boss Key Productions also discovered that going the free-to-play route was overly influencing the game's design in a way the studio found creatively distracting. "I think it took away from development," said art director Tramell Isaac. "We ended up being focused on how to get money, as opposed to how to make a good game."

Boss Key assured users that LawBreakers won't be a full-priced $60 game, but will exist somewhere between that and free-to-play.

"At the end of the day, there's got to be a halfway point between completely free-to-play and sleazy, and $60, day one, disk-based." Bleszinski said.

The new payment model isn't LawBreaker's only evolution as the developer teased a new art style, as you can see, sort of, in the pictures adorning this article. Bleszinski said the new look would be more "M-rated" in its aesthetic compared to the more T-rated stylings of Overwatch and Battleborn.

"Being constantly compared to the current slew of colourful shooters on the market made us realise we needed to stand out from the crowd" Bleszinski said. "We decided to take a step back and explore how we could dial up the maturity in LawBreakers, going back to our original vision. The new look and feel embraces the innovative and vertical nature of our game elevated by violence, intensity and competition."

Furthermore, Boss Key said LawBreakers will launch exclusively on Steam, so as to save players the hassle of having to sign up for a new account in a proprietary launcher.

When asked about potential platforms down the line, the developer said "Who knows what the future holds?"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom