Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Latest editions of my Arcanum mods! Get 'em here!

Shitposter
WELCOME FELLOW TRAVELERS
149fb47c3118c0469d4d29f26939526b.gif

TO THE LAND OF ARCANUM!!!

***** THE MAGICK SPELL RESTORATION MOD *****

This mod restores spells that Troika cut out of the game, but kept on the game files.
I did not custom make any of these, they were all on the Arcanum disc, and just needed to be fixed, then restored. There are 4 restored spells in total.
All of these spells come with unique restored animations that have never been seen before.
MRM is made to work with the latest Unofficial Patch. Compatibility with other versions of the game is unknown.

___Restored Spells___

-'Poison' for the Necromantic Black college. Replaces 'Harm'. Poisons the target creature, causing it damage over a length of time.
-'Repel Flames' for the Fire college. Replaces 'Agility of Fire'. Raises the Fire Resistance of the target creature.
-'Wind Walk' for the Wind college. Replaces 'Poison Vapours'. Causes the caster to levitate several feet in the air, making it harder for enemies to hit him.
-'Merge With Stone' for the Earth college. Replaces 'Wall of Stone'. Allows you to walk through the targeted wall. Lasts until the effect is cancelled.

Here is a gif of the repel flames animation:

4a80ffc57a814b7db3bc3467e7141bc9.gif

___Un-restored Spells____

There are four other unused spells that appear in the game files. They have not been restored for the following reasons:

Stone To Flesh - Make stoned creatures alive again. Usable around 2 or 3 times in the entire game, so I decided to leave this one out.
Shadow Shift - Teleports the target creature to any tile within a 5 space radius. It often backfired and teleported the creature closer to you.
Water Walk - I was simply unable to properly restore this spell. Perhaps somebody more experienced can do it, but at the time being, I simply cannot.
Whisper To Shadows - Was supposed to summon a 'Shadow' prototype. I was unable to find the sprite for this creature, and could not restore it.

DOWNLOAD THIS AWESOME RESTORATION PACK HERE:

http://rapidshare.com/files/205921714/MRM_Final.zip

Shitposter
I have also finished the first edition of my Custom Magick Mod

unlike the above MRM, in CMM I added a bunch of custom made spells, created by me, Cloaked Figure.

here are the new spell colleges! :::

Demonology - (Use of demons and other evil spirits for your own benefit.)
Banishment - (Spells that harvest the power of the Void. Contains the spell "Banish" which Nasrudin discovered.)
Makaalian - (Based on the Bedokaan God of the Hunt, Makaal)
Crusader - (College with spells that harm undead. You can kick undead ass but the spells are useless against any living creature.)

To make room for this, the four elemental colleges were combined into two. (Earth and Fire, Water and Wind.)

This is still very experimental, and there are many bugs. The Demonology college, for instance, is barely usable.
All the other colleges work pretty well except for the animations (I have to re-number them.)

The download link for this custom magick mod is here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/159666366/CMM_Edition1.zip

What I personally recommend is just to use a character editor to give your character all the spells and try all of them out, since some spells might not even work.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Why not more technological disciplines instead? That's what the game really needs.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
-'Poison' for the Necromantic Black college. Replaces 'Harm'. Poisons the target creature, causing it damage over a length of time.

NO.

Also,

No one likes you CF.

just to clarify - no there aren't any fucking trojans in the downloads. it's just baby-arm being a bitch, i think she's on her period.

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
Yes there are, you fucking twat. You are trying to destroy all of our pc's, so you can takeover the world.

Dont deny it!

poocolator

Erudite
The Order of Discalced Codexian Convulsionists
Cloaked Figure said:
do you also think that Fallout 3 is a poor attempt at an FPS (because it sure as shit doesn't feel like an RPG) and it fails at that. I got bored quickly, and stopped playing. Where the hell was all the good dialogue and, contrary to what Chefe claims, I saw no evidence of consequences to my actions. Good thing I removed it from inventory. Good choice there, on my part. I always did like demos; found them to be very telling.

Exactly!

oscar

Arcane
I'd download it cf but my fucking arcanum disc is long lost :(

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
This was/is actually a pretty decent mod so no harm in resurrecting the thread, in the slim hope that someone thinking of replaying the classic sees it and gives it a go.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom