Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Late To The Party, a Cold War Espionage RPG from the developers of Unrest - Failed

Thanks for the feedback - there might be some merit to what you're saying. We'll evaluate everything we've heard and perhaps we'll come back with a stronger pitch.

I hope you don't listen to his advice. You don't need to be that cyncial or manipulative.
In times when Russia is compared to Ebola yeah, he kinda does, if he wants his game to sell well.

Riso

Arcane
Only heard about his game now; sorry to see you're going to miss your target.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Failed: https://www.kickstarter.com/project...a-cold-war-espionage-rpg-in-the/posts/1074706

Hey backers,

This was quite the journey, wasn't it?

Baking cookies and making video games are similar: you find the right balance of ingredients, try to achieve good presentation without sacrificing substance, and you need to know where to deviate from the recipe to get just what you want. You also put things into the fire when you're done and agonizingly watch your meticulous work come to ruin or success in an environment far beyond your control.

Before this analogy, well... crumbles, what I'm getting at is that baking and making a video game are nothing at all alike. Your cookies may burn if you set the timer wrong, but the longer you're making a game, the better the result - the only obstacles are resources and time. Often that can mean pulling the game back out of the fire - taking stock, improving things or adding something new to see what turns out. And that's what we're going to do!

In the words of a man with a fantastic goatee: bide your time and hold out hope.

We'll be back when the time is right. If you're interested in keeping up with what we're up to, or just want to send me horrible puns, follow us on Twitter or Facebook. We would be on Ello, but we don't remember our username either.

Thank you all for your support. Have a happy holiday season and enjoy it however you can. Until the next time!

Arvind
P.S. Keep your wallets ready for the next Kickstarter ;)

pyroary

Ubisoft Abu Dhabi
Developer
Thanks for the support, Codex!

Currently I'm taking a short break, but my master plan involves releasing Will Fight for Food Enhanced Ultra Turbo DX edition on Steam in the new year, and then coming back to KS with a slightly tweaked/improved pitch sometime in late Feb or early March.

I'll be sending you review codes for WFFF soon, if you don't mind ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom