Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Last Year, Asymmetrical Friday the 13th Ripoff - in development

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This is one of those games I wish I was reading about on the Codex, but there's no thread for it so here it is.

There was a kickstarter for this a couple years back.

The main site is here.

Not to be confused with the officially licensed "Friday the 13th: the Game" which made 10x as much on Kickstarter and even more in post-KS pledges ... but doesn't look as good. Those guys are pushing slick cinematic recreation but Last Year seems focused on gameplay.

I think the team lead is a guy who works at Squaresoft and is doing this project in his spare time with some help from a few industry contacts. I'm not sure.

LY is will be a class-based, asymmetrical survival game. One player plays Jason a slow-moving murderer with eerie powers. Everybody else plays high school students, each with a unique power such as spotting traps, healing damage, or fixing the generator when the lights go out. The goal is to put gas in the truck, find the keys and drive away before the killer clobbers everybody.

One very cool idea is Predator Mode. The murderer can't move as fast as the kids so they can often just run when they see him. His advantage is that he can move around very quickly "off-camera" to suddenly appear where you didn't expect him.

160daf7facd34620f6eefc172b597948_original.gif

Click the links above if you want all the details. Beta release is coming in August. I recently had some good fun with asymmetrical horror game Damned, although it has a lot of problems. I ran across this one looking for games similar to that. Looks pretty cool to me.

Severian Silk

Kind of unrelated, but I used to make maps for Homeworld series. People would bitch and moan if there was the slightest bit of asymmetry. People depress me. :(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom