Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Last Days of the Enclave - a Fallout Doomsday AAR (ITZ COMING FOR KWANZANIA, AGAIN)

[color=]Table of Contents:
1 - Prelude to DOOM (right in this here post, pardner)
2 - ITZ Can Happen Here (post bellow this one, fellow american compatriot!)

Hi folks! ITZ me, The Brazilian Slaughter (also know as RedSlaughter or just Slaughter over the internet) and I'm many things - amongst them, a Codexer and a dev of the FODD team. for those who don't know, FODD (Fallout's Doomsday For Darkest Hour) is a modification for the game Hearts of Iron Darkest Hour that turns it into a grand strategy Fallout game. It is awesome.

So, uh, this is my first date AAR. Like, ever. No, really. It is.

But this is not just any AAR. How so?

This AAR starts more or less in the middle of a game. Most of them start at the beginning (I think). Why?

Background:
This was originally just Yet Another FUSA game 'round these parts. Started my game, fought the civil war, had to handle the Dark Cathedral (they were harder than I remembered, because of the new map I guess), then got to pick a fight with Junkers and Marauders on the sides. Eventually managed to defeat Dark Cathedral right at the threshold of being slaughtered by massed Junker hordes, then fought for one or two years against Canada during and after the civil war until I took all of the remaining northeastern USA sea coast (well, 'cept for Condordia because I forgot to put a claim on it. Got it later during the end game, tho, they gave it to me), then settled and started building up to give the Junkers some payback.

Then End War began earlier (because I had enough VPs for Warmonger flag) at 2251 and I had to fight Junkers and run-away Spiders (who I used one against the other, hahahahah!), annexed Junkers and bagged the Spiders after a hard war. Thing is, when I annexed the Spiders, I realized I had won the game. I was already the strongest single nation, many factions were on my side, and we were at war only with the Dictatorship of Man. The DoM began well at first but something really wrecked their war effort (I'm thinking encirclement by Jihad/Unity forces) and set them back. Set them back HARD.

I had plans to do a FODD AAR since late last year. But my first AAR was to be a NCR one (because it won the votes in the Vault BR Brazilian Fallout forum), but I stopped it before posting because there was too much stuff about the mod I was unhappy with.

So, seeing that my FUSA game was headed to Borevile, State of whothefcares (F)USA, I decided to change nation. I choose the Enclave.

They are in a interesting situation

cAyZSFt.jpg

Quite strangely fitting for starting an Enclave game. Are you trolling me, game? Also, nice little tidbit that shows how the Enclave and FUSA are alike in many ways... hopefully not the ones that count.

A Red Commie Chinese Interesting Situation...

aLg0rBW.jpg

Dark Green is Enclave, Light Green is Polar Station Zeta (those aren't the colours I would pick for each of them, btw), Blue is Vault City, Brown is Kurtz's Camp and his merry band of PTSD-stricken rotting old ghouls, Pink is Caesar's legion (why pink of all colours?).

This doesn't look as bad as it appears.

It looks worse.

Gotterdamerung 1944 Germany worse.

ITZ COMING FOR THE ENCLAVE!

I'm so doomed...[/color]

Last edited:

oscar

Arcane
This game could have had the decency to warn me that the entire map is going to out of the blue get occupied by Marauders. Coupled with their monthly auto-save suggestion I'm going to have to re-do the last seven months.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom