Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Larian's Dragon Commander - Released

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
This is a graph with the choices that people made in DC, based on their data excel:

RF3JJmr.jpg

I'd say the team did a wonderful job, as the vast majority of the decisions really divided the players, just like in real life. Send my brofists to all, ForkTong, you guys made something really special. :salute:

And it's a interesting thing, I thought that a sample made only of video-game players would be way more liberal...

80Maxwell08

Arcane
I wish I could play it now. :(
Wait you didn't buy it? If you want I can PM you a Steam code for it if you want. I've decided to give up the code I got from the box and just throw the game's box away. Since they locked the discs to steam the box may as well just hold the code.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
And it's a interesting thing, I thought that a sample made only of video-game players would be way more liberal...

Can boil down to two things
a.) Not liking the character who proposes the motion
b.) Trying to keep the populations happy in general

...thus voting against own personal values.

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Nice to see how people voted!

And i had not seen some of the votes there... And here i was thinking i had seen most of them... Well shame on me i guess.

Do the new patch add anything new when it come to content?

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Wait you didn't buy it? If you want I can PM you a Steam code for it if you want. I've decided to give up the code I got from the box and just throw the game's box away. Since they locked the discs to steam the box may as well just hold the code.

I got the game but I am in exile. I had to leave my computer behind and I'm waiting to build a new one, which might take time.

80Maxwell08

Arcane

I got the game but I am in exile. I had to leave my computer behind and I'm waiting to build a new one, which might take time.
Ah well then never mind.

Errr... if the codes is up for grabs for the likes of me then I'd love it. Money's tight at the moment and I'd love to play Dragon Commander.

I'll give them to you since I don't see the point in giving them to someone whose been bitching about the game for months.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
And just for that I ain't buying it until it's 75% off... Russian pricing.

80Maxwell08

Arcane
And just for that I ain't buying it until it's 75% off... Russian pricing.
Well that's what you were planning on doing anyway so nothing's changed. Besides if you buy it your mind might trick you into liking it more so I'm actually doing you a favor.

What was the critique for Dragon Commander again? From where I'm sitting it's a pretty ace experience. Sure, it's got simplified RTS mechanics and they could've done more but isn't the same thing said for most other games? Besides, they "fixed" some aspects of Divinity 2 through free updates so...

Oh, and thanks again, Maxwell. :salute:

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
What was the critique for Dragon Commander again? From where I'm sitting it's a pretty ace experience. Sure, it's got simplified RTS mechanics and they could've done more but isn't the same thing said for most other games? Besides, they "fixed" some aspects of Divinity 2 through free updates so...

Strategic layer is cool but damn easy, rts part is simplistic and easy. So the actual gameplay element is nothing stellar. Nice tits on waifus tho.

Gord

Arcane

Strategic layer is cool but damn easy, rts part is simplistic and easy. So the actual gameplay element is nothing stellar. Nice tits on waifus tho.

Allegedly the AI has improved with the last two patches or so, so it might be more difficult now, I want to start a new game once I've finished what I'm playing currently.
The RTS part might not be to everyone's taste due to some of its mechanics, but it's functional. I'm hoping that some patch will eventually add custom settings to the normal campaign mode - i.e. increasing the recruit cost for units in the RTS makes a pretty different game out of it.

kaizoku

Arcane
What's the KKK on this?

Only 4 stars in GOG.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom