Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Larian's Dragon Commander - Released

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Uh huh. I read a completely different story between the lines.
What did you read?

I dunno, why doesn't Swen allow commenting on DC posts... Or then just read the general tone of the post: "Dragon Commander won't make a loss! On paper! Externally! What a success!"
I think the general tone of the post was: DC will turn a profit, sells more than Divinity 2, but they made mistakes regarding the distribution.

:Flash:

Arcane
Uh huh. I read a completely different story between the lines.
What did you read?

I dunno, why doesn't Swen allow commenting on DC posts... Or then just read the general tone of the post: "Dragon Commander won't make a loss! On paper! Externally! What a success!"
I actually agree that the tone doesn't sound like the game is a big success.
I only quoted that part, because some people here thought the game would sink the company, and if it doesn't, that's good enough for me.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
What worries me a bit is that Swen seems to blame the [poor/mediocre/average/decent - I don't know, pick one) sales figures on publishing mistakes not on the game's quality / lack of target audience for such a title.

Gord

Arcane
Huh? I admit I only glanced over that blog post, but to me it sounded more like spending too much ressources on setting up retail turned out a bad move for them, while digital is doing fine.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well, I don't know. The tone of the post suggest disappointment and Swen only writes about the publishing matters, not about the game itself. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, though.

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Well, I don't know. The tone of the post suggest disappointment and Swen only writes about the publishing matters, not about the game itself. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, though.

I think he's also saying the games quality ended up suffering a bit due to all stuffing around setting up retail distribution and localisations.

Gord

Arcane

Certainly worth the price, but the way GOG presents the sale doesn't make sense.
You get DC, DC:IE and IE DLC all together? DC:IE is exactly the same as DC+IE DLC, so there's no reason in buying all three.
And if you don't have DC already, going for DC:IE directly is a no-brainer, as DC+IE DLC is actually more expensive...

:hmmm:

Last edited by a moderator:

Coyote

Arcane
I agree that it was odd that they set it up so that the default option is to purchase DC, DC+IE, and IE all together, essentially getting the same game twice. (I guess that they just haven't changed their sale format to accommodate DLC?)

With regard to your second point, though, it makes sense and is in line with the way other digital distributors do it: sell the combination of game and DLC for a lower price than buying them separately in hopes of enticing some people who would otherwise ignore the DLC into spending a few extra bucks (because they see that if they do end up wanting the DLC later, they'll have to pay more for it).

Gord

Arcane
Yeah, I'm not necessarily complaining about DC:IE being cheaper, although it still doesn't make too much sense in that case, I simply think the sale is set up in a way that's potentially confusing to people that don't know the differences between the versions.

Last edited:

Coyote

Arcane
Now 40% off on Steam as well, sale lasts until Monday. Was to be expected, usually when one of them offers a sale on a relatively new game the other one does as well.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

We've been tracking the political decisions players have been making in Dragon Commander and were quite surprised by some of the results! Watch what the ruling factions of Rivellon have to say about the public vote, and wonder what it would mean for the world if Dragon Commanders were in charge. For more results, visit http://www.divinitydragoncommander.com

Raze

Larian Studios
Developer
Now 40% off on Steam as well

It is 50% off if you have Divinity II: Developer's Cut on Steam (available in the Humble weekly sale in the $1 tier).
EDIT: someone in a Steam discussion mentioned getting the Humble bundle and not seeing the extra 10% off; don't know if that is just an issue for them, or if Steam is treating bundle keys differently.

Last edited:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
I could play this game again just to see Falstaff's reactions to my decisions. Thankfully, the strategic layer is easily abusable, which reduces the tedium, and the RTS battles can be skipped.

Gord

Arcane
They mentioned a new patch with some new features coming up.
Guess I'll wait for that with a replay.

Raze

Larian Studios
Developer
They mentioned a new patch with some new features coming up.

That was released today: Patch 1.0.124 - New campaign features, improved AI and more! (quoted in the spoiler).

Hello everybody!

Quite a lot of new features in our latest Divinity: Dragon Commander patch.

The new battle report system gives you detailed stats on your performance in combat, and the gifting system now allows you to gift units, resources and buildings to your allies, making multiplayer campaigns that more interesting.

We’ve also added a global chat system, improved the turn-based AI and added a bunch of community requests.

Here’s a list with the most important changes:

Added Global chat

Added battle result window with extensive combat stats and graphs

Gifting of units/resources/buildings

AI fixes for better expansion

Turn left/right with keyboard

Faster connection for UPNP devices

Fixes to population defecting

Fixed exploit for cards on strategy map

Allow enable/disable of golden dragon

Rebalanced difficulty

Added new cursors

Performance improvement in multiplayer with AI opponents

Allowed remapping of keyboard shortcuts for building units/buildings and
using skills

Fixed custom game setting "FFA AI's always join battle"

Russian localization fixes to text

Minor balancing tweaks (warlock base damage and meteor shower)

Gord

Arcane
Wow, that was quite a bit faster than I anticipated.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom