Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity: Original Sin Pre-Release Thread

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I, for one, hope they get many facebook likes.

Zeriel

Arcane
Well, whatever you like, presumedly it isn't high fantasy with a side of breezy humor.

Murk

Arcane
The Terry Pratchett-esque setting is one of my favorite things about the Divinity games. Seriousness and silliness, with a touch of 2real4you thrown in every now and again.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
+12 for shipping to huehueland, +20 for another copy of D:OS to co-op with my brother x2 for Brazilian Reais = R$334,00, half a minimum wage. :oops:
Did you already considered the import taxes? If not, your wallet is going to cry.
Brazilian customs works on RNG, there's a chance I won't have to pay it. And luckily, is only on the boxed game itself... still, YOU SEE LARIAN, HOW MUCH I LIKE YOU? Now let me bake bread!

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
There will be in countries we have distro deals in.
Do You happen to know if Dragon Commander Collector's Edition will be available in Poland? If not I will go ahead with GOG preorder.
Please, please get DC through the KS campaign (if you are at higher tier than $65 already, you can get a digital copy for additional $40). Every cent counts.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Please, please get DC through the KS campaign (if you are at higher tier than $65 already, you can get a digital copy for additional $40). Every cent counts.
Yeah, I've just noticed the price is the same as at GOG. If I go for digital, I'll just add $40 to my pledge.

EDIT: No, I won't. PayPal pledging does not support add-ons, it seems.

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
Hopefully their last week on Kickstarter will see people with replenished paychecks after backing other recent projects (Torment, for example). I really hope they reach 1mil.

poetic codex

Augur
Hopefully their last week on Kickstarter will see people with replenished paychecks after backing other recent projects (Torment, for example). I really hope they reach 1mil.

I think it was a case of bad timing on Larian's part. People are tapped out from the Wasteland 2, Project Eternity and Torment kickstarter. If not financially, then at least mentally. There were so many previous kickstarters to get excited about, that the impact of this game is lessened.

To Larian: please know that you have a lot of dedicated hopeful fans. I personally donated 150 US dollars. By far the most I've given to a kickstarter project. Even if you don't make the 1 million, please consider adding in some of those stretch goal features anyway (within reason of course) or maybe in a future expansion (not DLC).

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
To Larian: please know that you have a lot of dedicated hopeful fans. I personally donated 150 US dollars. By far the most I've given to a kickstarter project. Even if you don't make the 1 million, please consider adding in some of those stretch goal features anyway (within reason of course) or maybe in a future expansion (not DLC).

It'd be interesting to see Larian take a leaf of out of CDP Red's book and gradually improve their product post-release (assuming Original Sin proves to be successful enough to warrant such a move, of course). If it turns out to be unfeasible due to budget constraints or team size, a proper expansion introducing NPC schedules and expanding the scope of the base game would certainly be greatly appreciated by the community.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'd prefer they moved on to making the next game, which is supposed to be The Grand RPG That Will Trump Them All. There is only so much mileage you can get from improving a non-broken game. It becomes a waste of time eventually (MMOs are the exception)

BTW, ForkTong, have You (as a company) considered releasing Divine Divinity on iOS and/or Android to get another revenue stream? It worked for inXile and their rather mediocre Bard's Tale and Divinity is a much better game.

Gord

Arcane
I wouldn't say no to some expansion, though.
Maybe there will even be place for some of the things from the stretch goals that the KS doesn't reach.

(of course it will reach all of them...)

ForkTong

Larian Studios
Developer
BTW, ForkTong, have You (as a company) considered releasing Divine Divinity on iOS and/or Android to get another revenue stream?

We have considered it, but iOS/Android is pretty tough to predict how well your game is gonna sell. I once saw sales figures of a publisher whose game was in the iOS games top 20 in Germany, and that figure was still abysmal even though "he was in the top 20". There is a big difference between the first five or six places in that list, when it comes to sales and revenue, and the ones that come after.

Also, Div1 was written for PC in 1923 and really abuses all the tricks in the book, and it would be a pain in the ass to port that to another platform. A C++ guru that worked here for five or six years tried porting it to Linux in his spare time, and had to admit defeat, even though he was really hardcore when it came to solving other things...

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
floppy? More like Babbage analytical engine.

BTW, ForkTong, have You (as a company) considered releasing Divine Divinity on iOS and/or Android to get another revenue stream?
Also, Div1 was written for PC in 1923 and really abuses all the tricks in the book, and it would be a pain in the ass to port that to another platform. A C++ guru that worked here for five or six years tried porting it to Linux in his spare time, and had to admit defeat, even though he was really hardcore when it came to solving other things...

You know you don't have to do the work right? If you don't expect to sell it on linux or whatever, just drop the code somewhere on a github page and it will get ported. Then eventually, once it 'works' Gog could incorporate the new executable (like it happened with the shadier 'NewDark' engine for thief & thief II)
Game is frigging beautiful and i think it would attract some coders.

Abraxas

Scholar
Patron
Codex 2012 Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2

DOSDevelopment.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom