Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity: Original Sin Pre-Release Thread

clemens

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2014 Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
It's been a long time since I used music while GMing. I will now buy and shamelessly exploit Kirill's music to emotionnally engage my players ! :incline:

Jashiin

Arcane
There's no way this is hitting $1,000,000 short of divine intervention ( :( ) but if it doesn't hit the NPC stretch goal it will be a travesty. I don't understand the CRPG fanbase.

images

"No nonononono. You've already wasted 200 bucks on that torment whatever it is.. this hobby is getting way out of hand. I know how many games you still need to play so you just see if you want this one when they release it. And that's final!"

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is there a recording of the stream? I am on a shitty connection and it just stuttered for me :(
Here:
You can also wait for Larian to upload to their YT channel.
It's been a long time since I used music while GMing. I will now buy and shamelessly exploit Kirill's music to emotionnally engage my players ! :incline:
You can buy digital version of Divinity Anthology straight from Larian Vault. It contains Musica Divina (music from Divinity series) and Musica Obscura (unused music made by Kirill) albums. Or at least my boxed version does contain them.

Monty

Arcane
There's no way this is hitting $1,000,000 short of divine intervention ( :( ) but if it doesn't hit the NPC stretch goal it will be a travesty. I don't understand the CRPG fanbase.

images

"No nonononono. You've already wasted 200 bucks on that torment whatever it is.. this hobby is getting way out of hand. I know how many games you still need to play so you just see if you want this one when they release it. And that's final!"
Has a girlfriend. Not a true gamer. :obviously:

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
I don't understand the whys or the hows, but I'm a really slow player. That dungeon also had over 500 skeletons. It's not going to take an hour. I also cleared out the 150 orcs surrounding the town for god knows what reason. Contrary to the anecdote, frogs eventually do jump out of slowly boiling water.
Sigged

I don't see why the devs should even consider your opinion. It's like asking for Halo fans how to make the best RPG.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Oh man, this music is so beautiful, and yet it is so simple. I didn't play much of the Divinity games before, but I will get to them sometimes, if nothing more, at least for the music. (being a sound/musicfag).

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Larian is easily the most bro company ever
Yeah. There's a Canadian guy on Larian forums (Raze) who's been posting over there for ~ten years, helping out pretty much everyone who needed help with the games. A couple of years ago, the guy was out of work and had issues finding new employment... Larian hired him and made him community manager.

And actually, Larian's been using names of bros in their games since the beginning. Like Watchwitz' Alrik Fassbauer and his poem in Divine Divinity.

Suicidal

Arcane
Kirill's music is just so awesome. I've never played Divinity or Divinity 2, but recently I've listened to the complete Div2 soundtrack on Youtube and damn it sounds good. Almost all of the tracks are really relaxing and charming, I could just close my eyes and listen to them and it felt great. I can't comment on how good or bad the two Divinity games are but one thing is for certain - that was some of the best RPG music I've ever heard.

Original Sin will probably be the first Divinity game I play (unless I get around playing Div1 or 2 during Summer) and I'm really really looking forward to it. Part of the reason is the awesome music.

Gord

Arcane
Yeah, the nice thing is he's not just doing that unoffensive background music you usually get in games and movies, there's much more melody in it.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Kirill comes from the creative kinda crazy musician template, even with the expected hair.:lol:

The music is excellent.

:Flash:

Arcane
Larian is easily the most bro company ever
Yeah. There's a Canadian guy on Larian forums (Raze) who's been posting over there for ~ten years, helping out pretty much everyone who needed help with the games. A couple of years ago, the guy was out of work and had issues finding new employment... Larian hired him and made him community manager.

And actually, Larian's been using names of bros in their games since the beginning. Like Watchwitz' Alrik Fassbauer and his poem in Divine Divinity.
The first divinity is stock full of in-jokes. Many of the characters of DivDiv are people from the forums. Mostly German fans of Realms of Arkania who fled from the Attic forums after the LMK was cancelled and Attic shut down. buad and his tea, arhu the cat, El'Gammon, tutamun, ... Many of the things in Divinity only make sense if one remembers those people.
At that time there were even Attic employees stranded in Belgium, who were sent there to by Attic but then did not receive their salaries for so long that they could not buy a return ticket. Larian hired them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom