Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity: Original Sin Pre-Release Thread

Jashiin

Arcane
The characters could probably use some standing out in both versions. But when moving this is far less of a problem, a video would give a better impression.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Goddamit, naming NPC after bros in the community, listening to graphical feedback, awesaome stuff like the zombie=>skeleton, and even an Alice Cooper song to finish? Larian is easily the most bro company ever, and the ones that best explore user feedback! The whole kickstarter craze in the last year was worth just to highlight how awesome you guys are. :salute:

I'll throw you some more hard earned brazilian reais, and even write a letter to the bro game colunist at Forbes, maybe he'll be persuaded to do a piece on comunity done right or something. ;)

Keep on rocking bros!
:love:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
If this doesn't reach 1 million, I don't know what to say except for: No justice in the world.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
If this doesn't reach 1 million, I don't know what to say except for: No justice in the world.

633604383054117630.jpg

:x :x :x

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Mr. Kain, good evening.

I'm sure you recieve many fanboys messages asking for some coverage on various projects and games everyday, and unfortunely I came here to do the same. Sorry.

Still, I would ask you to at least take a look at Larian's Divinity: Original Sin Kickstarter, not for the game per se (even though it does look good), but for the amazing relation they keep with their community, on a level of humilty, transparency and direct dialogue that should be an an example to all other crowd-funded projects and companies out there.

Their most recent update is a great example of it, as even core elements like the game's art direction is being changed by fan feedback, without resorting to crowd-pleasing approaches like votings and polls; no it's just a nice dialog where interesting ideas are implemented, no ego issues, "artistic integrity" or all those obstacles that turns most players/developers into monologues, in a time where "entitled gamers" hear "deal with it" as the most common sentence.

I'm not asking you to try and raise awareness for their kickstarer, even though they deserve it, but to their great relationship and respect; to show that this is still something doable, that people appreciate and get involved with companies that trully respect and hear them, instead of just saying "We respect and hear our consumers" on their PR releases. I guess this letter is a proof of it.

Thanks for your time reading this, and also thank you for writting instresting texts instead of press-releases.

Cheers from Brazil!

Felipe Pepe

:)

Jashiin

Arcane

It builds a good case for all those fucking marketeers not showing a bit of their game but trailers and no demo's. Whatever you picture the game will be in your head, is a far better game than they will ever produce and they know it.

Still more than half a mill is nothing to sniff at. As others have said in this thread, larian do not have the backlog of the w2 p:e and torment kickstarters plus the fucked up the launch. Getting that million would be an awesome comeback.

Gord

Arcane
Hey, the update song on Piano with Kirill singing is actually better than the other version. :D

Stabwound

Arcane
There's no way this is hitting $1,000,000 short of divine intervention ( :( ) but if it doesn't hit the NPC stretch goal it will be a travesty. I don't understand the CRPG fanbase.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is there a recording of the stream? I am on a shitty connection and it just stuttered for me :(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom