Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Larian to Kickstart Divinity: Original Sin 2 on August 26th

lurker3000

Arcane
Well if you're gonna have women might as well make them hot, that's the only thing they got right on the modern piece. But it suffers from the "men in armour, women in bikini" that hints of insecurity. Those newfags should learn to appreciate the male aesthetics like the great masters

Hah. I like how both of your examples of the 'great masters' involved women as slaves. Well played.

Also on topic:

1) Combat was fun if easy to game. Once I got access to that lower defense/resistance spell or whatever it was the game was a breeze. I know there were other ways to make combat simple as well.
2) Art wasn't great but it wasn't terrible. More of a Meh deal.
3) Story was OK if predictable.
4) Writing was dumb as shit. Without a doubt Larian's weakest skill but whatever.

I think I paid the minimum backer price ($15 or $20) and don't regret it. I do regret paying more for physical tiers of WL2 and POE so from now on its minimum or bust for me.

Last edited:

Cadmus

Arcane
I hope they get someone to make memorable music with something else than fucking orchestra strings.
I hope they don't fuck it up. I realized I like this game too much, I've been playing coop again and the combat is so good... It's fun, imbalanced mess of crazy cool stuff, nobody else does it. I hope they don't fuck it up.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Reuse tweaked engine....check
Get suckers to fund the new game...check
Take advantage of new controller to port to consoles...check
Use Divinity as brand but add a subtitle to each new game.... Er noo they qent with a realy stupid 2 instead
Ok enough already take my money Sven

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
:takemymoney:

A sequel to the best game of 2014? Yes please! I do hope they'll have some physical editions in the Kickstarter, though.

otsego

Cipher
anybody wondering what larian will do wit the music now that Kirill is dead.

Swen says on his blog that they are having a hard time addressing this issue, understandably so.

Some guy mentioned hiring the dudes who did the HOMM soundtracks. It caused me to load up HOMM2 as soon as I got home from work.
Now that I'd like to hear.

Still, it's going to be really strange playing a Divinity game without that distinctive OST in the background... Time to pop in the soundtrack disc I got with the D:OS kickstarter...

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
I don't think it's a good idea to start the kickstarter now. People will have too little time to play Enchanced Edition and see for themselves if Larian can really fix their shit, also console gamers won't be pulled in because they won't have enough time to finish their version of the game either. Sure a month is enough to finish the game, but I doubt that at this point anyone will make it his or her priority.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't think it's a good idea to start the kickstarter now. People will have too little time to play Enchanced Edition and see for themselves if Larian can really fix their shit, also console gamers won't be pulled in because they won't have enough time to finish their version of the game either. Sure a month is enough to finish the game, but I doubt that at this point anyone will make it his or her priority.

What "little time"? There won't be any time. Unless they do something crazy like a three month campaign, this Kickstarter will be over and done with long before the EE is out.

In any case, since when do RPG Kickstarters rely on console gamers, and since when is D:OS "shit" that needs fixing? The quality of the original release for PC gamers is more than enough to make the Kickstarter a huge success.

What "little time"? There won't be any time. Unless they do something crazy like a three month campaign, this Kickstarter will be over and done with long before the EE is out.

In any case, since when do RPG Kickstarters rely on console gamers, and since when is D:OS "shit" that needs fixing? The quality of the original release for PC gamers is more than enough to make the Kickstarter a huge success.

Sorry, I thought it comes out in the first days of October, got it confused with Wasteland 2. By saing shit I've meant stuff, young people talk like sometimes that grandpa. And I'm not the one who decided that it needed fixing, Larian did by changing stuff around in EE. Sure some people will donate, but there are people who are waiting for the EE to come out to finish their playthrough. Why lose both them and the new fans the console might bring in I don't really understand.

Zeriel

Arcane
If someone wasn't going to support Larian without the EE dramatically changing their mind, I don't think they were really going to support Larian anyway.

Kickstarter is full of whimsical people, that's why they make all these overhyped bitches with preteen CEOs and shit.

NorthLurker

Educated
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Stretch Goal: Chris Avellone
(No Status) → Considering

We’re seriously considering it. No promises though! Larian Studios
Producer, Larian Studios

just got this in my email

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
If When they do hire him, they should give him more responsibility than just "MCA's gonna write a companion and a cave".

"Guest narrative consultant" sounds cheesy and powerful enough title. Make it happen. :outrage:

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
No one has as many funds as the Kickstarter with many Avellones!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom