Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Larian to Kickstart Divinity: Original Sin 2 on August 26th

Aenra

Late to the party!
I'm so fucking excited ready for this!

:love:

Must however note that i was hoping they would embrace a more ..realistic?.. financial approach this time around, it appears that once again they're going for an all-in or nothing? ;(
Please please please don't sink, left the eighties behind me 30 years ago; this time around? Cure, blue mohawks and black tights just won't do the trick i fear.

bald! :happytrollboy:

On a trollie note, "Put simply, if you were to compare what we’re doing to what Bioware did back in the day with Baldur’s Gate and Baldur’s Gate 2, D:OS 2 is to be our Baldur’s Gate 2 — building further on our equivalent of Baldur’s Gate; D:OS" !!!

Black

Arcane
Why bother, they still can't implement the day/night cycle system that reached their goal for DOS.
Instead, full VA, totally not for console plebes :lol:

DeepOcean

Arcane
The Rivellon setting is just a sandbox for Larian, they don't seem they care much about the story, only when storyfags started complaining is that they decided to do something about it. I'm all for Larian adding some bones on their setting so it is less stock fantasy but I really played D:OS to have fun killing stuff. I'm more interested on how they are going to improve the killing stuff part and add some roleplaying like stat checks to quests.

ROARRR

Savant
Possibly Retarded
Instead, I thought I’d talk a little bit about why we’re returning to crowdfunding, and what our hopes and aspirations are.
Didn´t find any publisher aye?!:martini:

Divinity: Original Sin 2 builds further on the foundations we’ve been laying with Divinity: Original Sin (D: OS), and Divinity: Original Sin – Enhanced Edition (D: OS EE). For us, this allows for an unprecedented focus on the gameplay.
:bravo:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Transition well-represented here:

Q5hi1cj.jpg

Great pic! Even quick look can reveal trend - agressive sexuality of women, you just ned to compare all women from left to right.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
So, what does everyone think the "heartbeat raising feature is" ? Gotta be something simulationist or maybe more than 2 players.
My bet is on something connected with day&night cycles. Maybe NPCs finishing work and moving to their homes to eat and rest, or something like that.

I was actually kind of surprised D:OS EE does not have day&night cycles already, considering how determined Swen was to bring them to the original game (during KS campaign and after).

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Great pic! Even quick look can reveal trend - agressive sexuality of women, you just ned to compare all women from left to right.
Well if you're gonna have women might as well make them hot, that's the only thing they got right on the modern piece. But it suffers from the "men in armour, women in bikini" that hints of insecurity. Those newfags should learn to appreciate the male aesthetics like the great masters

SniperHF

Arcane
My bet is on something connected with day&night cycles. Maybe NPCs finishing work and moving to their homes to eat and rest, or something like that.

I was actually kind of surprised D:OS EE does not have day&night cycles already, considering how determined Swen was to bring them to the original game (during KS campaign and after).

Based on what I've seen of the scripts Larian uses for D:OS, I think it would be far easier to implement Day/Night/schedules fresh in a new game rather than try and bolt it on to D:OS. They cut a lot of corners necessary for making Day/Night easier once they realized it wasn't going to happen. So instead of just implementing it they would have to dissect dissimilar scripts and make them all work on a similar standard.

otsego

Cipher
Welp, there's another $200 that won't be going to credit card payments next month....

Dorateen

Arcane
I agree with the top 2 and 3 suggestions. If they can expand the number of playable races, and the base game to allow a four character party from the start, I'd be able to jump on the Divinity bandwagon.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Speaking of hypocrites and double standards... How does combat in D:OS compare to combat in Jagged Alliance 2? Is it at the VERY LEAST on par with JA2?

D:OS has some of the best combat in a RPG everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Unlike JA2, it doesn't do strategic gameplay though.

However you should wait for tactician mode.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
So did something else fall through and I missed it? All this intruigue about something awesome they can't announce yet and in the end it is Divinity OS 2

:nocountryforshitposters:

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah, I too am very curious about this alleged "heartbeat moment".

I figured it out, Swen implemented a revolutionary RPG mechanic in which you jerk off with romance your co-op partner ingame through a webcam.

Oculus Rift support is also planned.

Zeriel

Arcane
I really hope they don't fetishize Kirill. That would be the worst possible thing. We don't need someone to replace him, we just need someone with a similar approach (talented, can compose actual melodies, not popamole orchestra shoveled out from a factory).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom