Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Larian to Kickstart Divinity: Original Sin 2 on August 26th

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Gore should be reserved for more monocled games, like Fallout. D:OS looks like an offshot of WoW and a box of Caran-D'Ache pencils.

maxresdefault.jpg

Silly, but beautiful.
The contrast would be funny though. Head explosions and what not. Slipping on guts. Being splattered by a giant summoned sandal. Things like that.

Aenra

I could appreciate gore in a non "lolol, headshotz!!1!" way;
But much love as i may have for them, truth is i do not have them capable of delivering on that particular front. To make it appear non-edgy and context related (ie ingame meaningful), you need a setting and story to compliment or support it.
A tough combination for anyone; and one Larian should not strive for, not when they are (again ffs) going with a win-or-sink financial approach. Not when they have thus far showed zero potential or interest on delivering it. Just not the time for it.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Unless they're counting on that income to keep all those studios afloat until D:OS 2 comes out.

They should have a decent revenue stream. Never underestimate the backlog.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom