Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Larian announces Divinity 10th Year Anthology

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
So the digital variant of the anthology costs the same as the boxed version. :retarded:
Boxed costs 10€ more in delivery expenses.

kaizoku

Arcane
yeah :/
just finished my order
40€

Larian deserves it and I like my boxes so... I'm happy with it.

But still makes me wish I could get a refund from my GOG purchases :roll:

Murk

Arcane
.... "pretty much a 2d skyrim"

Go fuck yourselves you useless hacks.

Awesome videos. My buy depending on how badly I need my filthy halfling lucre for the coming month. Awesome that you get a steam unlock code with the hard copy tho -- all the more reason to buy the boxed version.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
WHAT!?

To make a long story short, my business plan had foreseen the box would initially cost 4,5€. We ended up with a box that cost us between 5,5€ and 7€. Now my producer friend knows

How can this include the cost of a 130 page book?
B&W pages?

Paper press is so cheap, you wouldn't believe it.
50c per page from an SD drive, if they are less than 10 and you barely bable DER DOICH. Modern day piracy.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
So the digital variant of the anthology costs the same as the boxed version. :retarded:
Boxed costs 10€ more in delivery expenses.

Swen says in the comments section of this blog post that it'll be available in stores in some countries?

http://www.lar.net/2012/10/09/hatching-the-anthology/

The game will be available in the usual shops in the countries listed below
Australia, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Russia, Sweden, South Africa and the United Kingdom

I'd probably nab one right away if I didn't have to pay P&P.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
I wouldn't buy it from a german b&m shop even if my life was in danger if I didn't.

So yeah, 40€, but I'd rather save them for DOS/DDC and buy DD/D2 for ~$10.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Larian is just as bad as CDP. Making and remaking the same fukkin' game series over and over fukkin' again. LMFAO

Yeah, I enjoyed DD2, and actually had fun with DD1 after retrying it, and don't like BD was that bad but HOLY FUCK.

Make some new fukkin' games.

And, people think main stream companies are abd for being repetive. LMFAO

At least BIO will make different series. FFS

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Both of which are basically part of the Divinity series. FFS I mean DC you play another Dragon Knight and OS is a prequel to DD. FFS

L0L Original Sin. How 'bout Original Idea.

BIO has amde a whole bunch of different games from MDK2 to BG2 to NWN to JE to DA to ME to S:TFHGRPG.

FFS FFS FFS

Angthoron

Arcane
What's better, several games in the same setting that strive to have different gameplay, or several different settings that strive to have similar gameplay?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"What's better, several games in the same setting that strive to have different gameplay, or several different settings that strive to have similar gameplay?"

How about different games?

Nothingw rong with having multiple games in the same setting but mix it up a little. And, the gameplay is very similiar in all the DD games.

Consideirng all the whining about BIo doing the same thing when their games have great varietry in both setting and gameplay.

Unless youa re claiming that ME and NWN have the same setting and gameplay. Are you fukkin' drunk?

Or how about S:RPG sharing any simialrity with MDK2?

But, hey, this is the Codex. It's okay for any company to do sOmething but BIo gets flak for the same thing even though they don't actually do it. L0LZ

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
Divinity 2 is a game that starts out fine, but I hated it the more I played it. I mean, it was kind of fun while I was playing it, but I totally never want to touch it again once I finished. It's cracks just started to show too much the first time through and it really wore on me.

Divine Divinity is much better, I think, although not perfect either.

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
:takemymoney:

I already have Divinity II on Steam, but I wouldn't mind having that box on the shelf - I really enjoyed it and since I don't actually own the first two games, I figured the Larian guys deserve some of my money. Nice to have some fantasy RPGs that aren't all super serious gritty grimdark darkness - hope they can bring that sense of humour into Original Sin as well.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
"And, the gameplay is very similiar in all the DD games."

DD = mediocre Diablo with Ultima influences
BD = horrible Diablo
D2 = 3D Diablo with KOOL DOWNS
DC = RTS with dragon combat and TBS minigames
D:OS = turn based with Ultima influences and KOOL DOWNS

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Wow and even in time for my birthday, gonna request boxed shizzle from store when available !

Puzzled by DLC for games not yet released though. Maybe an elaborate scheme to make people buy the games because otherwise they'd have DLC that they cannot use.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Wow and even in time for my birthday, gonna request boxed shizzle from store when available !

Puzzled by DLC for games not yet released though. Maybe an elaborate scheme to make people buy the games because otherwise they'd have DLC that they cannot use.
On his blog Swen explained that he didn't want to make DLC but one of his retailers insisted that he needed to have it to move copies and that guy bailed him out before so he felt obligated.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
GOG deal on this is silly... $18.99 gets me 2 games I already own and a game I bought the "normal" version of already. And what does the director's cut add? Console access? Oh whoopy-doo.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
DC = RTS with dragon combat and TBS minigames
Innacurate. It's a TBS/Wargame where combat is solved with light RTS combat with 1st person twist. More Total War than Dawn of War 1.

They even plan to release it as a boardgame with other combat mechanics.

Deakul

Augur
Divinity 2 has next to no replayability just because of how fucking long it takes to get to your fortress(aka the meat of the game).

Kashrlyyk

Scholar
Divinity 2 has next to no replayability just because of how fucking long it takes to get to your fortress(aka the meat of the game).
Bullshit! You can make a savegame right after you got the tower and never overwrite that savegame. In the tower you can change your looks and reset all your skills! With that you can skip the entire first part of the game if you wish so.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom