Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Touhou Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - Full (Beta) Translation Released

Discussion in 'jRPG Weeaboo Discussion' started by Crooked Bee, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Crooked Beegender: ⚧ wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Parrots:
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Click here and disable ads!
    I gotta say, Labyrinth of Touhou has spoiled me. I don't think I'll ever enjoy your standard Wizardry-like blobber like I used to ever again...

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  2. Suicidalgender: ⚧ Arcane

Suicidal
    Parrots:
    After many breaks and stops I finally beat the game completely, including all the post-game stuff. Despite being obnoxiously difficult at times the post-game was very entertaining especially compared to the downright pathetic "here's a bunch of nearly identical bosses that are defeated by using the exact same tactic" post-game of Stranger of Sword City. Also defeated all the bosses at challenge level, except the true final boss, for whom I am not even sure what the challenge level is supposed to be; the game doesn't really say.

88 hours 46 minutes total play time, not counting all the times I spent reloading/rage quitting and scouring the wiki for damage formulas, which I think is an essential part of the gameplay experience.

So, how autistic am I?

• Salute Salute x 3
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  3. Crooked Beegender: ⚧ wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Parrots:
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Perfectly autistic. :salute:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Suicidalgender: ⚧ Arcane

Suicidal
    Parrots:
    BTW did anyone try legally buying the game with the instructions on the first thread page? I'd like to give the devs a few dorra for a job well done so they can afford a meal at McDonalds but that shop site looks weird as fuck and I'm worried my credit card details will end up in the hands of the yakuza or something.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Damned Registrationsgender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist

Damned Registrations
    Parrots:
    I recall trying to do it a few years ago but ran into technical issues (I think it wouldn't take paypal and I had no credit card or something.)

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Niektorygender: ⚧ one of some Patron

Niektory
    Parrots:
    Well, I bought it a year ago before posting the instructions. No troubles with yakuza so far. The downloads still work too.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Make America Great Again Ninjerkgender: ⚧ Arcane

Ninjerk
    Parrots:
    Possible Yakuza member
    :updatedmytxt:

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Crooked Beegender: ⚧ wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Parrots:
    The site is fine. I bought both games following the instructions without any issues.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Suicidalgender: ⚧ Arcane

Suicidal
    Parrots:
    Thanks for the replies everyone. Just made the purchase, everything appears to be in order. Feels good to support actual incline.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  10. Make America Great Again Jasedegender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Jasede
    Parrots:
    Currently 50% off! But also easy to pirate...

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Narayagender: ⚧ Savant

Naraya
    Parrots:
    I really want to buy this from dlsite (it looks like the other one doesn't have the promo) but I'm totally unable to find it in the english version of the shop. Can someone help?

:negative:

^ Top  
  12. Make America Great Again Jasedegender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Jasede
    Parrots:
    There is no English version AFAIK, you install a translation patch after.

In an amusing racist tangent, ZUN, the Touhou creator, absolutely hates the west and doesn't want any white pigs to play any Touhou games.

• [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Emmanuel2gender: ⚧ Learned

Emmanuel2
    Parrots:
    Searching for the developer, 偽英国紳士団, it looks like DLsite ENG doesn't have it. There is no english version, you have to apply the fan patch.

^ Top  
  14. Narayagender: ⚧ Savant

Naraya
    Parrots:
    Yeah I know about the patch etc.
    What I want to do is I just want to buy the original to support the DEV but when I use english version of dlsite.com (http://www.dlsite.com/eng/) I can't find the game. It exists and is discounted when I use the japanese version of the site: http://www.dlsite.com/home/work/=/product_id/RJ118525.html but I don't think I can find my way on the japanese version of the site to register the account and buy the game.

^ Top  
  15. Crooked Beegender: ⚧ wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Parrots:
    You are weak. I don't speak a word of Japanese but it seems pretty straightforward.

Since I actually care about LoT and have a bit of a break at the moment, here's a quick guide with pictures:

Show Spoiler

01.png
    Click the red button (add to cart I assume)

The button will turn blue:
    02.png

03.png
    Now click on the cart button on the top of the page (the middle one if you can't figure it out)

3. You'll see your cart, including this on the right:

04.png

Click the large orange button.

4. You'll have the option to log in on the next page but since you don't have an account yet, you'll need to click this button to register a new one:
    05.png

06.png
    Google translate and a bit of common sense can tell you that the mandatory fields are email, login, password, and birth date. Fill them in and click the orange button.

08.png
    Wait for the confirmation email.

Once you've received it, click the button in the email and you'll be redirected to this:
    09.png

Insert your login and password and press the orange button, and you'll be redirected to the next page:

10.png

Now this is one page where I've no idea what it wants from me except to subscribe to their newsletters (off by default) - but don't forget to click the orange button. It seems to confirm the registration (or maybe not, lol, but just in case).

8. Now I just went back to the homepage and entered my cart again because that seemed easier than trying to figure out the previous page.

In the cart, click the pink button above the Visa and other credit card symbols:

11.png

It doesn't look like they support PayPal.

12.png
    Click the pink button.

13.png
    Input your card info and buy the damn game.

No idea about the other payment options. Someone else will have to help you there if you don't have a card.

The first game is also discounted there at the moment, by the way: http://www.dlsite.com/home/work/=/product_id/RJ064430.html

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
    • Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Narayagender: ⚧ Savant

Naraya
    Parrots:
    Hahaha thanks for the detailed reply, you are golden :)

Bought after many pink and orange button clicks. FeelsGoodMan.jpg

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Siveongender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Siveon
    Parrots:
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    So, how did this happen, then?

^ Top  
  18. Make America Great Again Jasedegender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Jasede
    Parrots:
    A LOT of beer was involved. ZUN can not resist beer.
    He is, however, still stalling when they try to put the games on Steam which would be literally free $$$ as all the fans (millions and millions, largest fanbase in the world according to Guinness Book of Records) would buy those games again - and he has been stalling for a year...

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Narayagender: ⚧ Savant

Naraya
    Parrots:
    JudasIscariot

^ Top  
  20. Damned Registrationsgender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist

Damned Registrations
    Parrots:
    To be fair, those cart icons look pretty similar to kanji, I can see why someone would get lost.

^ Top  
  21. pakoitogender: ⚧ Arcane

pakoito
    Parrots:
    The expansion disk came out already, does anyone know if there's any translation on the works?

^ Top  
  22. Crooked Beegender: ⚧ wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Parrots:
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Crooked Beegender: ⚧ wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Parrots:
    • Brofist Brofist x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)