Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Kult: Heretic Kingdoms / Heretic Kingdoms: The Inquisition

Calis

Pensionado
Kult

This is the comments thread for <A HREF="/gamedetails.php?id=129">Kult: Heretic Kingdoms</A>

Digit

Liturgist
Anyone here played this? Is it worth getting, I am still searching for a nice fantasy hackemup, I am on the verge of replaying Severance: Blade of Darkness cos it was awesome, but would like something new if possible.

Digit

Dhruin

Liturgist
For what it's worth, the full game is definitely better. You don't really get any opportunity to play with attunements in the demo.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Digit said:
Nevermind, I played the demo. :(

Do NOT judge the game by it's demo. :shock:

That demo should not have been released as is. Believe me. The actual game is actually quite decent and once you start playing around with the attunement system you'll be like "Where the hell has THIS been all my life?". :wink:

It's nothing award winning, but it is a decent diversion in the stale sea that is current CRPGs.

Balor

Arcane
Well, attunements system is nice, but secondary. Primary is nice storyline, decent humor and other stuff that is rare find these days. Kult is definetely worth getting.

Digit

Liturgist
Ok, if I can find it cheap I will get it. :) I hope you guys are right.

Digit

I dunno, it was okay. The replay value is absolutely zilch, though, I can pretty much guarantee you'll play through exactly the same way if you do it again. And I guess the attunements were okay but nothing revolutionary, just kind of a materia-esque distraction. I was able to learn every attunement in the game pretty soon after I found new equipment and wound up with all my combat skills maxed out with tons of XP to spare, so it's not like my combat style choices mattered that much.

Well I found this game online from gogamer in the discount "bin" and for ten bucks decided to try it out. Never heard of it, and I can't find any information on it. At all.

Moby Games has this to say
http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/h ... nquisition
Not much, you see. It was created by some team in Slovakia with a better knack for English than most developers here.

Fileplanet had a patch so I downloaded that.

My thoughts? It's good. It's surprising I've never heard about this before. It's a semi-Diablo clone but has great dialog. The main character talks through things as if the game was an RPG parody. The story is nothing really unique, but the hard to pronounce names are kept to a minimum and there is no information overload (you know, several pages of exposition on crap no one but the delusional person who wrote it cares about). You play as a new inquisitor who is part of the inquisition. An inquisition against all religion. That's right - you're tasked with destroying religion.

I haven't gotten much into it, but the quests have been standard game so far, however the way Alita (PC) handles them makes things a whole lot better. There hasn't been any real C&C so far. There is this dreamworld area which is the "dark side" of the normal world. Well, not so much dark as it is... blue. You can only stay there for a limited time before returning to the normal world and recharging your dream meter. On paper it sounds a whole lot more gimmicky than it actually is.

The music is good. The voice acting during the cut scenes (which feature some funny character drawings) is good. The 2D backgrounds look a little wonky with the 3D player and NPCs, and there are a few glitches, but otherwise it's visually good.

Anyone else played this?

aleph

Arcane
I played it about 2 years ago but never finished it. The story and background is great but the diablo-like combat killed it for me. But I really like the idea of the dreamworld, like in the beginning where you enter that abbey and have to speak t the ghost in the dreamworld. The sinister shadows of some stuff in the dreamworld was also nice.

And of course the story about the sword godslayer and how it was used for its intended purpose.

Mareus

Magister
I tried it when it came out, but i never managed to get too deep into it. I still remember how the armor looked silly on the girl you play. It makes her tits very huge. LOL

Also there is an easy way to cheat by editing the *.ini file.

Murk

Arcane
it's a very charming game that seems to be 1/3rd of how long it should have been.

the story telling in it is top notch though, i'd love to see a proper sequel - but the current one, unlikely hero, seems very grand too - too bad it'll most likely be raped before any actual development

the c&c in the game is a total bust, you only get like three chances to do a quest a different way, and even then they're very minor, and you only make one major game-altering decision near the end where it's pointless anyway

combat totally breaks near the end game too, some of the attunements are too freakishly powerful

MacGuffin

Novice
I tried it some time ago. At first it was surprisingly good - beautiful sprites, nice writing and all, but when it came to mercilessly slaughtering everything that moves, turned out to be surprisingly boring. Maybe it is my fault - for some strange reason I expected RPG, not hack and slash. Well, it is one of the greatest mysteries - why and what for developers keep producing HIS clones instead of making somethig new? A good deep story-driven non-linear RPG, maybe...

Murk

Arcane
The game had a pretty lively political aspect to it too - while the whole "we're all heathens" thing was fun, it wasn't explored - but the border disputes and soon-to-come war with Taymuria and the Ishkar was pretty awesome, at least when it was being discussed.

Saxon1974

Prophet
I have this game and played for for a day or so but it just didnt hold my interest much. I will probably go back and play it again eventually.

I think it was the hack and slash combat I didnt like.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Pretty nice game, although very unbalanced. I think I had the most powerful character in all RPGs I played so far.

Katatana (or GodSlayer) + Berserk = total ownage

Murk

Arcane
hell not even that since its pretty end-game, try this

a shield with the return damage attunement and whatever shield-block boosting attunement (if any) at one point its like 90% shield block will damage return, enemies literally kill themselves

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Well, yeah, but then you don't get experience for the enemies who die like that and how could you get even more powerful without that experience?

Shannow

Waster of Time
Played it. Liked it (especially dialogue). Jumping into the dreamworld and back to own melee enemies was totally broken...

Murk

Arcane
FeelTheRads said:
Well, yeah, but then you don't get experience for the enemies who die like that and how could you get even more powerful without that experience?

heh, didn't know that... but...

it doesn't matter since you're effectively raping the enemy with their own dick. i mean - if you're willing to use that method to win battle then you dont' even NEED to progress

Hegel

Arcane
Tried it while I was looking for a Kult: Beyond the Veil CRPG, too bad this one has nothing to do with it. Terrible game.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Played the first one, got it with Computer game rag of some sort... Would advice you NOT to look on High Seas for this... Game is pretty entertaining Diablo 2 clone with some C&C and 2-D tastefuly drawned Boobs.:thumbsup:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom