Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Krai Mira: post apocalyptic turn-based RPG

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
The most amusing thing about this forums unique brand of snobbery is when such terminology is used.

Quick, which game do you like better, Fallout 1, or Fallout 3?

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'm pretty sure that Crimea was in development under the name Crimea well before the war broke out. I suppose they could have changed the name but the developers didn't choose the name in order to capitalize on the war.

Naming your game after, or having it set in, any area near Russia is bound to cause this issue sooner or later.

They will invade at some point and they will claim you are cashing in on their invasion (which totally doesn't exist and is American propaganda and those are rebel tanks photoshopped to look like modern Russian ones and it has always been a part of Russia and we have always been at war with Eurasia and what's maskirovka lol never heard of it xaxaxaxa).

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
:hahyou:

They will invade at some point and they will claim you are cashing in on their invasion (which totally doesn't exist and is American propaganda and those are rebel tanks photoshopped to look like modern Russian ones and it has always been a part of Russia and we have always been at war with Eurasia and what's maskirovka lol never heard of it xaxaxaxa).
:hahyou:

Beastro

Arcane

Should I am for super snobbery and say Fallout 1 never measured up to the ideal that Fallout could have been because there's always something to nit pick? Like in much the same case there's so much good in the Alien franchise and the concepts in it, but the execution of each is still imperfect, however much the first reaches closest to it?

Fallout1 had a better story, setting and focus but the good in Fallout 2 is delivering more of the same without doing too much too different. With that said FO1 wasn't ideal and from a gameplay perspective, the time limit is annoying (story telling it's very good) and FO2 had a lot of things that laid the groundwork for Bethesda by dialling up the wacky, which Beth followed by dialling it up but a few more orders of magnitude.

FO1 had focus and expressed themes and ideas without pushing them in your face, and while people like the focus on New Reno and the gangsters, the problem with the wacky sits squarely with the Enclave being a caricature. It was ok for most of the game but then you get Dick Richardson shoved in your face and a comic version of American nationalism with a conversation that touches upon, but shys away from the problems in universe about mutation, the survival of Mankind as we know it and it's competition with the mutants out in the wider world.

Instead of presenting the Enclave as coldly calculating Homo Sapiens who want to preserve their species, and rightly so in a world where the Master existed, they're cartoon Nazi's only a few levels below the Enclave of FO3 and unlike the first you're locked out of pursuing that angle beyond bringing it up with Dick and having it pushed away just as quickly without hearing a good argument from them, dare possibly agreeing with them, but being able to convince them that mass genocide isn't the answer?

No, that would prevent you from fighting Frank Horrigan.

So in case you didn't read through the lines, FO1 is a better story, FO2 is just more fun, but it set a precedent that led to what we now have to deal with from Bethesda.

Naming your game after, or having it set in, any area near Russia is bound to cause this issue sooner or later.

Russians are like Serbs, which I know well, they're not a people into self-deprecation.

With that said, the presentation of the US in Fallout bugs and I'm a Canadian. It in of of itself doesn't bug me and I love the satire, it's that there are people out there who seriously think Americans are like that, and many of them are Americans themselves.

Just like Russians don't like people poking fun at them, Americans, like most Anglospheric people these days, go so far in the other direction that you soon realize the humour is just masking deeply set self-loathing for their countries having the audacity to be powerful and actually exercising that power!, omg!

Last edited:

laclongquan

Arcane
Post Apocalypse City.

Each skyscraper represent a dungeon, and a farming land waiting to be cultivated. It's covered from climate, so you dont have to worry about too hot or too dry. You can use the top area as water storage to compliment rainwater for each floor. It's also can be secured against raiders.

Each city park is mostly walled and have a pond/lake inside. So you can maintain the wall and have a safe, protected, preserve of huntable animals. Or you can just cut them down for farmland. I think for PA setting, each city should center around a city park community.

Each major city require a river. So you will have river communities.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Russians are like Serbs, which I know well, they're not a people into self-deprecation.

Did you mean Americans in both csases? Like dozen of millions American Indians that were wiped out from face of Earth?
Like Mexicans from Texas? Like 3 million Vietnamese? North Koreans, killed directly and died from famine as a result of US-induced sanctions? Cuba? The death squads in Latin America, where America put petty dictators everywhere they need? Humanitarian bombing in Serbia? Mess at Middle East that cost around 5 million of lifes only to this date? Ukraine?
Are you really dull or just decide to troll random people today?
Shut up your stupid mouth, its not funny already.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Did you mean Americans in both csases? Like dozen of millions American Indians that were wiped out from face of Earth?
Like Mexicans from Texas? Like 3 million Vietnamese? North Koreans, killed directly and died from famine as a result of US-induced sanctions? Cuba? The death squads in Latin America, where America put petty dictators everywhere they need? Humanitarian bombing in Serbia? Mess at Middle East that cost around 5 million of lifes only to this date? Ukraine?
Are you really dull or just decide to troll random people today?
Shut up your stupid mouth, its not funny already.
While I agree with the rest, Serbia bombing was to protect others from Milosevic and Ukraine lol, that is all on Russia.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Where is that hamster.gif when you need it?

Really? In 99 Milosevic could only masturbate and weep.
Yes, he masturbated on dead people in Kosovo. That was his 3rd masturbation after he masturbated over dead people in Bosnia and in Croatia.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Yes, he masturbated on dead people in Kosovo.
Albanian-backed Mudslime terrorists kill Serbs. Milosevic weeps and sends Serbian forces. They weep and try to find someone guilty to kill. NATO masturbates all over Serbia and kills and destroys much more than all Serbian forces combined. End of story.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Albanian-backed Mudslime terrorists kill Serbs. Milosevic weeps and sends Serbian forces. They weep and try to find someone guilty to kill. NATO masturbates all over Serbia and kills and destroys much more than all Serbian forces combined. End of story.
Yes, of course that is how it went. Milosevic was known for "only" starting "defensive" wars LOL
He was a misunderstood humanitarian LOL
You sound like you are from Serbia, to be more precise the right wing deluded part of Serbia.

Kalasanty11

Learned
What's really important - nobody killed Styg (yet, at least). Seriously though, shouldn't this discussion be continued in GD or something?

ArchAngel

Arcane
What's really important - nobody killed Styg (yet, at least). Seriously though, shouldn't this discussion be continued in GD or something?
Maybe or it is a show how games should not be named after "hot zones".

Kalasanty11

Learned
Maybe or it is a show how games should not be named after "hot zones".
Didn't somebody mention that this game had been in development even before all of that? I'm sure that if dev changed it just to be politically correct some would accuse him of being like Obsidian with tranny joke in their game. Too sensitive about some meaningless butthurt.

Last edited:

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Post Apocalypse City.

Each skyscraper represent a dungeon, and a farming land waiting to be cultivated.
Too much humidity can destroy concrete pretty fast.
It's covered from climate, so you dont have to worry about too hot or too dry.
It's just wind protection. By the way, I once saw old defunct basement boiler (dunno wood or coal) for central heating system in 5-storey building from 30s. So some buildings can be possibly rewired to central heating without using wood stoves in every room.
You can use the top area as water storage to compliment rainwater for each floor. It's also can be secured against raiders.
Yup, I remember several preppers threads about fortified scyscrapers, but can't remember them now.

You sound like you are from Serbia, to be more precise the right wing deluded part of Serbia.
hiver, is it you?

ArchAngel

Arcane
Nope, Hiver put me on ignore list after he lost the discussion in my first week here :P
I will admit I did go around and troll him in any topic I could find him in RPG section.

laclongquan

Arcane
Wind Protection is huge. Many food crops has stems and weed-like, so a strong wind can break them, or make the fruits fallen, thus reduce crops.

As for place of resident, it depend. Most primitive houses require ready access to clean water and fire fuel, which not many skyscrapers can have. Ice/snow winter, maybe, because the wind protection factor, and can melt them for water, but not summer.

Think of skyscraper as artificial rock hills full of tunnels.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Where is that hamster.gif when you need it?
I assume you mean this classic:

zq2Gl3S.gif

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
Morale of the story - if you don't want threads about your game to end up in the derpiest part of GD, don't insert political bullshit in your game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom