Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Krai Mira: post apocalyptic turn-based RPG

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
BTW in Russian it's called "The edge of the world" - "Край мира" or "krai mira" in transliteration. krai mira = crimea

Get it? :smug:
I think they are assholes for choosing this name (Crimea) and trying to get publicity through allusions to controversial political bullshit.

Fuck these loosers.
Why assholes?

Saduj

Arcane
Visually it reminds me of Metalheart: Replicants Rampage, a game that I couldn't play for more than 10 minutes despite it being isometric, turn based in a sci-fi setting.

Not saying that automatically makes the game horrible but it does create a negative association for me.

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
It clearly has a lot of problems that they need to deal with, especially in the art and interface department. The whole game seems to blur together, often leading to the player missing NPCs or the player not realising that there is a chain-link fence blocking the path.

I could be wrong, but it looks like they bought everything from the Unity Store.

And it still manages to look better than Dead State. :lol:

Self-Ejected

Davaris

Self-Ejected
Developer
And it still manages to look better than Dead State. :lol:

I haven't looked at Dead State in quite a while, but I liked the look of it when the art was more basic, since it looked like a table top board game. It began to lose its charm, when they tried to make it look realistic.

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
No, the name's been there before this all started. I saw the first gameplay videos many months ago. It would be sensible for him to change it after the Ukrainian turmoil, however...

Even in that case "Second Sovit Empie" sounds very cliched, like wtf they mean? Light Heavy hint-fingerpointing at Russia?

If you want to make a game - just make a game, drop shitty propaganda that widespread in your so-called country through various "advisors".

If not - you'll lose Russian market for post-apocaliptic games.
Meet the grave Dave.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Yes, how will they survive all the Russians not buying their game at 1/20th the normal price

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Yes, how will they survive all the Russians not buying their game at 1/20th the normal price

They will survive it the same way like thousands of other games, that - have a Russan translation, and techsupport.
If that was too transparent, clear hint I will tell it straight - nobody in sane mind will abandon significant market.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
> implying that euros and 'kwans will pay full price for a shitty potato shovelware.
:hahyou:

Missing the point here. Whatever the price is, even if it goes for 2 dorra, it will be a lot cheaper in Mother Russia. In Russia, game buys YOU.

Beastro

Arcane
BTW. Pretty crass to make a game to capitalize on the war in the region, but I find it funny seeing the Russian posters ticked about it given that the Fallout series is based around digging at America and that goes without protest.

Self-Ejected

CptMace

Self-Ejected
BTW in Russian it's called "The edge of the world" - "Край мира" or "krai mira" in transliteration. krai mira = crimea

Get it? :smug:

Land's end in England, Finistère in France... it's like the name of any peninsula really. Or whatever these pieces of lands are called.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
BTW. Pretty crass to make a game to capitalize on the war in the region, but I find it funny seeing the Russian posters ticked about it given that the Fallout series is based around digging at America and that goes without protest.

There is a difference, I can even say - big difference. When someone from that country tell the story, OR when someone e.g. from Ukraine tells that shitty story about Russia (or Crimea which was always perceived as a part of Russia in the minds of Ukrainians).
Also it's not only about various types of delightful anger from below the back - it is about... well, I'll explain in another way - we all see what is happening in Crimea - NOTHING! People just live, so all that shitty story with clearly visible political subtext, which becomes only more shitty if it is true if game dates back to 2006, because it mean that full of shitty propaganda that lasts last 20 years there.

Nowadays politics remind me of that S.Park episode about AIDS being so 90s. Syria's what hot now indie devs, better get on that gravy train before it blows over.

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Nowadays politics remind me of that S.Park episode about AIDS being so 00s. Syria's what hot now indie devs, better get on that gravy train before it blows over.

Don't ya worry Jim, we all know that such "trains" will pop up in bountiful quantities, next meybe in old Europe, it's a deal of next 5 years.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014

BeDCVzBCYAAIQ4i.jpg:large

Yeah, lets tell the biggest market in our region to fuck off. :) Of course after you enter western market you may not bother anymore, but the key word is "after".

Saduj

Arcane
I'm pretty sure that Crimea was in development under the name Crimea well before the war broke out. I suppose they could have changed the name but the developers didn't choose the name in order to capitalize on the war.

Mustawd

Jump on the incoming race war in Europe before it hits, then you can release the game when the issue it red hot.

Yup. Just like that movie "Compton" is capitalizing on the police brutality concept.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom