Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Krai Mira: post apocalyptic turn-based RPG

OracleX

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Last edited by a moderator:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
"If you’re a fan of the original Fallout games, then I only need to tell you that this game was made specifically for you."

Shawn Schuster
game journalist

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
It's worth noting that the campaign uses flexible funding and it only raised $150 in the first six days. With UnderRail and Wasteland 2 making steady progress, I'd say I'll have my post-apocalyptic fix taken care of for awhile.

mbpopolano24

Arbiter
"Inspired by Fallout1 and Fallout2, CRIMEA also borrows some features from Diablo and Commandos"

Enough said, save your money....

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
From the looks of the videos, this is heavily focused on combat, unlike Fallout.

laclongquan

Arcane
I dont know, it sounds like Silent Storms games in post apocalyptical setting. Which is a good thing.

The Diablo and Commandos thing doesnt scare me yet, because there's a few elements in SS games can be described with that wording. And marketing baits are marketing baits.

They should go for forum penetration at Codex, NMA Fallout, Strategy Core, And UFO/XCOM fan forums. We are and should be the ideal audience for their game.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Kind of a strange choice for a name and setting, considering the political situation. Especially since they are in Poland.

The Indiegogo campaign won't reach its goal, of course - but it's flexible funding.

retardation

Learned
"CRIMEA. 12 years after the collapse of the Second Soviet empire.

Troublous times of KGB Inquisition and militant Kremlin homunculus sank into oblivion. "

:lol:

Fuck no.

Self-Ejected

Davaris

Self-Ejected
Developer
Pity they didn't come out with this, at the height of the kickstarter craze. They would have got something.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Poland? Where did you get Poland from?

I know the author of this project, he lives in Ukraine. He's a great environment artist. If he gets past rudimentary gameplay and decides exactly how combat should work, he'll have something interesting here.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Another one in a long line of Eastern European Fallout-inspired shovelware. You hear a bit about it when they need funding, then it falls into obscurity and disappears.

kain30

Cipher
let´s hope that it doesn´t happend like with afterfall... we were promised for years an true successor of fallout and then it transforms in an survival horror or something like that >_<

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Poland? Where did you get Poland from?

I know the author of this project, he lives in Ukraine.

The OP said it is a Polish team and their Indiegogo page says that they are in Warsaw, Poland.

If it's a Ukrainian team, the name makes more sense I guess. But still...

Last edited:

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
BTW in Russian it's called "The edge of the world" - "Край мира" or "krai mira" in transliteration. krai mira = crimea

Get it? :smug:

Pony King

Educated
Tried the demo, and the early verdict is that it is more basementware than shovelware. It stays closer to Fallout than AoD but is uglier than Underrail.
It clearly has a lot of problems that they need to deal with, especially in the art and interface department. The whole game seems to blur together, often leading to the player missing NPCs or the player not realising that there is a chain-link fence blocking the path. The interface also works like ass from a mouse-oriented perspective.
In general the demo gives leaves you with less an unfinished view and more of a "how did they miss this?", for example when the movement-circle, that shows you how far you can move, falls in with the background. It's not so much a matter of function as a matter of not being butt-ugly and eye-straining.
It also seems to be a combat focused game where the combat really isn't entertaining, this seems to put it in good company.

All of this should be read with the knowledge that I detest people who think that the essential artistic touch of Fallout was the fact that it was a single-char RPG with a cool acronym attribute system.
Also, since my post is quite negative, it should be understood less as STAY AWAY and more as caveat emptor. You should probably check out the demo before you crowdfund them with your retirement fund.

I took some screens, they are less useful for anyone who has watched the trailer and more for checking that what I say is correct or for anyone who hates trailers as much as I do:

laclongquan

Arcane
Tried the demo, and the early verdict is that it is more basementware than shovelware. It stays closer to Fallout than AoD but is uglier than Underrail.
It clearly has a lot of problems that they need to deal with, especially in the art and interface department. The whole game seems to blur together, often leading to the player missing NPCs or the player not realising that there is a chain-link fence blocking the path. The interface also works like ass from a mouse-oriented perspective.
In general the demo gives leaves you with less an unfinished view and more of a "how did they miss this?", for example when the movement-circle, that shows you how far you can move, falls in with the background. It's not so much a matter of function as a matter of not being butt-ugly and eye-straining.
It also seems to be a combat focused game where the combat really isn't entertaining, this seems to put it in good company.

All of this should be read with the knowledge that I detest people who think that the essential artistic touch of Fallout was the fact that it was a single-char RPG with a cool acronym attribute system.
Also, since my post is quite negative, it should be understood less as STAY AWAY and more as caveat emptor. You should probably check out the demo before you crowdfund them with your retirement fund.

I took some screens, they are less useful for anyone who has watched the trailer and more for checking that what I say is correct or for anyone who hates trailers as much as I do:

Thanks for the pic. And even with your qualifier:

Silent Storm after nukes fallen! :fap:

And not focus in story is not a minus if they try to make the successor to Ja2, Fallout Tactics, Silent Storm. Gameplay, combat, etc... can replace story defiency.

Self-Ejected

Davaris

Self-Ejected
Developer
It clearly has a lot of problems that they need to deal with, especially in the art and interface department. The whole game seems to blur together, often leading to the player missing NPCs or the player not realising that there is a chain-link fence blocking the path.

I could be wrong, but it looks like they bought everything from the Unity Store.

To the devs: You can't achieve coherence when you use art from random dealers, so don't waste your money on it. If you can, team up with a decent artist. Of course that's easier said than done.

Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
BTW in Russian it's called "The edge of the world" - "Край мира" or "krai mira" in transliteration. krai mira = crimea

Get it? :smug:
I think they are assholes for choosing this name (Crimea) and trying to get publicity through allusions to controversial political bullshit.

Fuck these loosers.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
No, the name's been there before this all started. I saw the first gameplay videos many months ago. It would be sensible for him to change it after the Ukrainian turmoil, however...

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
The name is ok as long as the last boss is zombie putin riding a bear.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom