Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Prosper KOTOR2, VtM, MotB and Arcanum is/not shit! DISCUSS!

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
was :shunthenonbeliever: not big enough?

Goat Pervertor

Prospernaut
Possibly Retarded
Despite the shit combat which is not THAT bad. You just have to play it a certain way.
what way, pray tell?

MOTB i havent played and probalby wont because of RTWP
KOTOR is ok but suddenly RTWP in Mask of the Betrayer is game-breaking?

1. Like i said you have to fuck up your char

2.Yes.

Alright. Ill elaborate point 2. KOTOR has very simple combat. After all this is an XBOX game we aer talking about. I have no problem with RTWP when its in its propper place, like in a console kid friendly Star Wars game. Its in third person. It has a small variety of weapons and spells. Its basicaly cleansed of all complexity so RTWP is a better fit for it. I dig.

MOTB on the other hand is a proper CRPG. It has a billion spells classes and options. It begs for TB.

Dont get me wrong. I tried MOTB. I liked the setup. I was intrigued. But when i look at its inventory system, at its char screen, at its INTERFACE then goddamnit i expect my turns. Instead i get a pause button? Whell fuck that im not playing. Because its illogical and i dont like ilogical things. Its a matter of principle i guess

And lets face it the combat in KOTOR just LOOKS better. It has laser guns,blasters and lightsabers. You are doing flips and jumps and shit. Sparks flying everywere. Handmaiden in a leather outfit. That wwwwwzzzzzz! sound. Its got some style.

MOTB looks lame in comparison. If you are doing it RT then at least shove me right into the action and slap me with some cool animations. Just admit your sin all the way. Not everybody standing there and waving at each other. Standing still and waving is for TB. Thats its proper place and thats where i like it.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I can't finish KOTOR II and MotB, I played both for 10+ hours, but do not want to continue...

To make MotB playable: just deal with this awful spirit meter (console command or SpiritEaterRecharger mod, whatever), it's just botched, annoying feature that prevents player from having fun of exploration.
I don't care about the spirit meter, I just fucking hate the rtwp combat (and there is a lot of it). I enjoy the NPCs, dialogs, story, but I do not get any satisfaction from the combat (the same with KOTOR2).

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
I can't finish KOTOR II and MotB, I played both for 10+ hours, but do not want to continue...

To make MotB playable: just deal with this awful spirit meter (console command or SpiritEaterRecharger mod, whatever), it's just botched, annoying feature that prevents player from having fun of exploration.
This comment automatically deserves a Dumbfuck tag.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
icvu8dFmNUmZf.gif

Athelas

Arcane
I see Fallout: New Vegas is conspicuously absent from this discussion about Obsidian games that may or may not be shit. :M

And I'm not sure what the people who complained about the spirit meter were smoking (apparently when the game came out, all the professional reviews cited it as a negative). If anything, it's not nearly punishing enough. The game constantly throws mobs of spirit enemies at you to consume, almost to the point of silliness, and going the Suppress route is even easier.

SwiftCrack

Arcane
The spirit meter is bad video game reviewers are the same goobers that said that they couldn't hit their targets in Alpha Protocol with one rifle shot from afar with no skillpoints in the Assault Rifle skill.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Cain lost all creativity after Arcanum. TOEE was a completely uninspired game. Avellone? He probably got burned out after PST and now can't even kill some wolves.

Someone something Bloodlines.

That was Leonard Boyarsky, not Tim.

Isn't Tim mainly a lead programmer instead of being designer ?

(Responding here, I have no fucking clue why this is being discussed in the PoE Beta Discussion).

Tim was Lead Designer / Project Leader for ToEE. I don't think he is even been exclusively just a "Programmer".

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
You faggots need to understand that New Vegas was better than bloodlines.

I know it hurts, but it's true.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted

True that. Better gameplay and world/level design. Bloodlines did atmosphere fantastically though. Writing...equal imo, but there's probably more memorable characters in VTM:B overall.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady

Let me guess, euthanasia isn't legalized in your country. Oh well, the human genepool can always hope that oneday oncoming trains will look inviting to you.

Nihiliste

Arcane
Patron
Playing MotB without the spirit meter must feel somewhat pointless. It's important to have elements that tie gameplay to the narrative.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom