Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Prosper KOTOR2, VtM, MotB and Arcanum is/not shit! DISCUSS!

racofer

Thread Incliner
If I want to play a game, it sure as shit ain't made by Obshitian.

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
Well Kotor 2 is unfinished, which makes it a POS. It has no finale, no ending, no climax.

We can all agree on that.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel both of you are just trying too hard, obsidian may not be a beacon of hope for RPG players everywhere, but they certainly arent bioware or beth.
You're right. Bioware and Beth at least deliver completed games.

Depends on what will we consider a "completed game"
I think he meant to say that they both make complete shit.

rimshot

Then, what's better? Complete shit or incomplete shit?

Goat Pervertor

Prospernaut
Possibly Retarded
Arcanum is porbably the greatest CRPG ever made even thoug its broken. Basicaly you need to fuck up your char... You are way too powerfull at the start no mater who you choose. So use char editor to lower your stats for ex. if you play a human thief all your stats are fixed to 8 which is just too much.

Also DUMP Virgil at the start. He is a cool character but hes also a walking quest marker. Stumbling on the main plot in some shithole town by robing a guy that pissed you off is something that games just dont do anymore, if they ever did. Just pick a role and forget about the main quest... It will find you.

The only place where the main quest chain cant be broken is in Quintara where you have to do a certain thing before a certain person appears... But thats maybe a bug. Also never reaload if you fuck suomething up or if a fallower dies.Reload only on PCs death. Follow these guidelines and you will have a blast

The sheer amount of insane shit that you can do in this game is simply UN-FUCKING-RIVALED. Fallout1/2, Gothics Bloodlines... Arcanum owns them all. Despite the shit combat which is not THAT bad. You just have to play it a certain way.

KOTOR 2 is ok but ONLY modded, unmodded is shit. I mean here the difficulty mods - there is three of them if i remmember correctly. Just cramm them all three in the mod folder. It makes combat into something passable.

Bloodlines i have yet to play because Nosferatu is just broken. Everybody is supposed to freak out when they see you, forcing you to use the sewers for transport. You also loose humanity points for breaking the masquarade thing. But in the game you litteraly have to hit people head to head for them to recognize you... Which renders the whole sewers thing redundant. So i refuse to play it until someone fixes this.

MOTB i havent played and probalby wont because of RTWP

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"The combat in D:OS is vastly superior...."
Vastly. Nah.

However, Arcanum did probably the worst thing xp wise any game can do: xp per hit. L0L0L0L0LLIPOP

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I agree that VTMB is the best Troika game. Its first half has some genuinely good content and VTM setting helps a lot. Arcanum blows but I enjoyed it for the most part when I first played it because it was the first iso, TB old-skool RPG I had played so I had nothing to compare it to. Of course I later discovered Fallout 1 and 2 which are superior in almost every respect. I can't stomach the thought of replaying it.

KOTOR 2 is ... interesting, though I haven't played it without the restored content mod. It's not fun to play but at least it has redeeming value in its story and characters.

IMO Troika is overrated by the Codex and (NWN2 OC aside) Obsidian's track record is pretty decent.

I still question the Codex's wisdom that Dragon Age: Origins was considered decent enough to be Game of the Year but the superior in every way NWN2 OC is shit.

The math doesn't seem to quite be there.

I can't finish KOTOR II and MotB, I played both for 10+ hours, but do not want to continue...

To make MotB playable: just deal with this awful spirit meter (console command or SpiritEaterRecharger mod, whatever), it's just botched, annoying feature that prevents player from having fun of exploration.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
I can't finish KOTOR II and MotB, I played both for 10+ hours, but do not want to continue...

To make MotB playable: just deal with this awful spirit meter (console command or SpiritEaterRecharger mod, whatever), it's just botched, annoying feature that prevents player from having fun of exploration.

6007605393_cb36f06e3c_z.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom