Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KOTOR2 gets a surprise patch, high resolutions, Steam Workshop and more

• Thread starter Deleted member 7219
  • Start date

Deleted member 7219

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...the-old-republic-2-gets-a-surprise-huge-patch

A significant patch has been released for Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2 - The Sith Lords on Steam, more than 10 years after the game was released.

It adds Linux and Mac support, courtesy of Aspyr Media, as well as Steam Workshop support, Achievements, controller support, native widescreen resolution support, 5K resolution support and cloud saves.

Most importantly, Steam Workshop support means the revered The Sith Lords Restored Content Mod is available via Steam, now. This mod effectively finishes an unfinished game, in a development sense, restoring all the dormant content found on the game's disc. KOTOR2, developed by Obsidian and not BioWare, was diamond in the rough.

What the actual fuck? The incline is strong with this one. Achievements and cloud saves might not appeal to the average Codexer, but the fact that a game like KOTOR2 is suddenly getting support again, after being almost abandoned on release, is quite astonishing and bucks the trend as far as LucasArts games go.

It also looks like the Restored Content team were involved somewhat.

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://steamcommunity.com/app/208580/discussions/0/541906348058768450/

Introducing and updated KOTOR II for Mac, Linux, and Windows!!!
Aspyr in partnership with Disney/Lucas is proud to announce STAR WARS™ Knights of the Old Republic™ II - The Sith Lords™ is now available on Mac and LInux, along with a massive update to all 3 platforms.

New features include:

• 37 achievements to be earned through gameplay
• Steam Cloud saves
• Native widescreen resolution support
• Resolution support up to 4K and 5K
• Support for controllers, including Xbox 360, Xbox One, Playstation
3, and Playstation 4, along with several others (check the system requirements for details)
• Steam Workshop support! We proudly worked with the Restored Content Mod team to have their famous TSLRCM up on launch day

Oh...and we added a "Force Speed Effects" option in the menu ;)

Chime in here with your thoughts on the update! I will be starting seperate forums for both Technical Support and Workshop Mods shortly.

Why did we do this? Because we LOVE KOTOR 2. But lets all remember what love truly is...Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Deleted member 7219

On my external HDD I have KOTOR 2 backed up with the mod for widescreen support (and the UI fix), looks like I don't need to use those any more.

The Steam version also has the better movies and better music patches that LucasArts released many years back, IIRC.

So, with the base KOTOR 2 game from Steam and TSLRCM from the Steam Workshop, KOTOR 2 is finally complete. Amazing.

Deleted member 7219

Hopefully the M4-78 guys can get M4-78 up there. I promised one of the developers I'd give M4-78 another go after I was a bit negative about their first release. scarletguard do you know anything about this?

Edited my post

Yep, just seen M4-78 is on the Workshop.

By fuck I am excited about this. Never expected something like this.

Keldryn

Arcane
Hmm, wonder if this means they'll be releasing an iPad version at some point in the future. Apparently, the reason that Aspyr was able to do an iOS release of the original KOTOR is because they had already ported it to the Mac and had a code base to start with. Now Aspyr has ported it to the Mac and Linux (10 years after the fact), with support for high pixel density screens (5K) and cloud save support. Seems like there may be yet-to-be-announced tablet versions in the works?

I definitely love playing some old PC RPGs on my tablet on my daily commute to and from work.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
You just know they're going to fuck over Obsidian if they actually do make Kotor3 :lol:

Starwars

Arcane
This is really weird, but pretty damn cool as well.

I wonder if KOTOR1 will also get similar enhancements like the high resolution stuff?

darthaegis

Cipher
This is really weird, but pretty damn cool as well.

I wonder if KOTOR1 will also get similar enhancements like the high resolution stuff?
I guess. It'd be pretty cool if they got Brotherhod of Shadow in the workshop.

Hassat Hunter

Educated
How did you guys manage to get a post in at the split seconds it was between TSLRCM English and M4-78EP were uploaded. Dang, you guys are fast!

You probably want to wait some time with your M4 run, it appears there's a small issue that prevents our music and VO to work, so they all get skipped (although I guess for some on M4 that's heaven). They already fixed it though, just waiting for it to be released.

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
Good news! I only played KOTOR2 once, and it was an all good play-through. Now, it may be a good time to get all those free achievements play as the dark side. I always did hate those battle angel virgin whatevers.

dukeofwhales

Cipher
Never played either of the KOTORs because I don't fuck with star wars or nubioware - is playing KOTOR1 recommended before 2?

Ninjerk

Arcane
Never played either of the KOTORs because I don't fuck with star wars or nubioware - is playing KOTOR1 recommended before 2?
fuck no, especially if you don't like star wars

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom