Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Prosper KOTOR2, VtM, MotB and Arcanum is/not shit! DISCUSS!

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
KOTOR2 and MotB were not shit.

KOTOR2 was complete shit. MotB did the best it could with a bad system, so it rises slightly above shit.

Kotor2 was absolutely shit though. It blows my mind that people pretend otherwise. Shit combat, the game is literally incomplete, bad story, but because there is some vague, pseudo-intellectual BS, it assists in Codexian masturbation.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
KOTOR2 was complete shit. MotB did the best it could with a bad system, so it rises slightly above shit.

Kotor2 was absolutely shit though. It blows my mind that people pretend otherwise. Shit combat, the game is literally incomplete, bad story, but because there is some vague, pseudo-intellectual BS, it assists in Codexian masturbation.
Nope

Nope
You have shit taste in video games and were probably raped as a child.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron

Nope
Liking VTMB over Arcanum and TOEE lol.

Also lol that VTMB is almost good and then you bring up combat.
VTMB has shit combat, but it succeeds in creating a good atmosphere and some pretty awesome writing. I wouldn't call it a good game though, but I would call it an enjoyable one. Obsidian hasn't created anything with that type of charm in their entire existence.

Nope
Arcanum has a good character creation screen. It's all downhill after that. ToEE has a great combat system, but bad encounters, and nothing else to really save it. I would love that engine to be placed somewhere else, though.

You're still a faggot.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
VTMB has shit combat, but it succeeds in creating a good atmosphere and some pretty awesome writing. I wouldn't call it a good game though, but I would call it an enjoyable one. Obsidian hasn't created anything with that type of charm in their entire existence.
And yet MotB did the best it could with a bad combat system. lol.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron

Nope
Arcanum has a good character creation screen. It's all downhill after that.
But but good atmosphere and some pretty awesome writing.

And yet MotB did the best it good with a bad combat system. lol.
MOTB did it's best, but it still sucks.

Basically, the incline is happening, and you stupid fucks are still hanging on to those who rose to prominence during the decline. Rome has fallen but you're still pretending these shitty developers can create anything worthwhile. Jesus, this game is literally the worst fucking high profile kickstarter of the RPG variety. It's the opposite of old-school - it's business as usual. The press for this game can be completely switched with DA:Origins and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. You all are a bunch of fucking hypocrites.

Nope
Lol - you're a fucking liar. It has a shitty atmosphere, awful quest design, and the writing is hamfisted as shit.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
MotB did its best despite bad combat = game sucks.
VTMB did its best despite bad combat = almost good, enjoyable.

lol

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron

Nope
Lol - you're a fucking liar. It has a shitty atmosphere, awful quest design, and the writing is hamfisted as shit.
lool

lol
You stupid false equivocating faggot. No wonder you like shit games, you're a literal fucking retard.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron

lol
You stupid false equivocating faggot. No wonder you like shit games, you're a literal fucking retard.
Lol, can't into consistency, makes arguments against himself, thinks others are retards.

lol
Lol, can't into consistency, makes arguments against himself, thinks others are retards.
It's almost like there are additional variables at play. Also, VTMB's combat is a damn site better than MotB.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron

lol
It's almost like there are additional variables at play. Also, VTMB's combat is a damn site better than MotB.
lol make generalization "did its best" but then wait there are specifics

VTMB combat lol.

lol
lol make generalization "did its best" but then wait there are specifics

VTMB combat lol.
Jesus - it's so sad that a game that I didn't even qualify as good is what you choose to harp on. You can't even mount a defense for a single of the games I criticized except by saying "THAT ONE GAME YOU DIDN'T EVEN SAY IS GOOD ISN'T GOOD EITHER!" Fact is, Obshitian has never released a good game. Fact is, neither did Troika. Such was the state of the games industry at the time that these companies were heralded due to the complete lack of good games. Except now there are good, legit RPGs. But you stupid faggots are still flagellating over a game that is the epitome of the decline because you are just as stupid as the Oblivion fans that you're so quick to criticize. You fall for marketing hype that presents itself as "edgy" from the mainstream, but the fact is the game is a clone of a BIOWARE game. Jesus, you're fucking pathetic.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Fact is, Obshitian has never released a good game. Fact is, neither did Troika... But you stupid faggots are still flagellating over a game that is the epitome of the decline because you are just as stupid as the Oblivion fans that you're so quick to criticize.
"KOTOR 2 and MotB were not shit" = glorious praise lol.

Also lol at assuming I like PoE.

Lhynn

Arcane
I thought FNV was very good despite of its many flaws. I know AP was mostly shit but i found myself enjoying my replays of that game, mostly because all the stuff that was shitty was the stuff i didnt care about, the stuff that was good was all i was asking of it. i found SP to be a solid product, shit rpg but theres some fun to be had playing it. Kotor 2 had decent writing and i liked the characters in it for the most part, it is a nice interpretation of the force too. We all know MotB had solid writing and the encounters in it werent bad, in a different engine it could probably have been considered superior to PS:T.

I feel both of you are just trying too hard, obsidian may not be a beacon of hope for RPG players everywhere, but they certainly arent bioware or beth.

imweasel

ITT

63wztf.gif

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
I feel both of you are just trying too hard, obsidian may not be a beacon of hope for RPG players everywhere, but they certainly arent bioware or beth.
Lol, all I said was that two games weren't shit. Apparently not shit = awsum game. Funny, I even forgot about FNV.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom