Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KoToR remake?

Xathrodox86

Arbiter
levels are shit combat is shit choices are shit story is shit characters are annoying cunts

overall a great game :dance:

Now that's like, your opinion man. Only Bastilla was somewhat cuntish, the rest were ok. Aside from Carth. Fuck that guy.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
It's been a long time since I played KOTOR 1 but didn't Mission look and act like a 14 year old?

Fake edit: after checking Wookiepedia it turns out she actually was 14. So if you want to waifu her have fun with that.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Perhaps it has something to do with the writing in the second game being a vast improvement over the first game.

Severian Silk

Someone remake KOTOR in ToEE engine!

One of the future tragedies of gaming in the 2100s will be that developers/owners won't be required to provide the source code/assets when a copyright expires. (Assuming that copyright expiration will still be a thing in the 22nd century, as opposed to huge corporations soaking up copyrights indefinitely into the future.)

Last edited by a moderator:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Isometric KOTOR would be a great improvement, but the issue is revamping the combat.
It's not as easy as doing the BGEE.

Severian Silk

Isn't there already d20 Star Wars? What's wrong with it?

Ninjerk

Arcane
Shame we will never see a CRPG based on the WEG Star Wars. The whole thing was a Star Wars/cyberpunk novel cover art mashup.

Xathrodox86

Arbiter
KOTOR 1 sucked

KOTOR II was a buggy and unfinished mess not sure why the codex masturbates to it but hates the original when its the same universe/story but a bit darker. :lol:

Edgelords gonna edgelord.

Truth be told, I liked the darker mood more, but the story, the characters (Bindo!) and quests got me more invested in KOTOR 1. Not to mention that it was a finished game. KOTOR 2's ending sucked.

Kaivokz

Arcane
KOTOR 1 sucked

KOTOR II was a buggy and unfinished mess not sure why the codex masturbates to it but hates the original when its the same universe/story but a bit darker. :lol:

Truth be told, I liked the darker mood more, but the story, the characters (Bindo!) and quests got me more invested in KOTOR 1. Not to mention that it was a finished game. KOTOR 2's ending sucked.

Bindo was a twat and the ending to 1 sucked just as much as 2. HK-47 was tops, tho. I enjoyed both games.

Xathrodox86

Arbiter
KOTOR 1 sucked

Bindo was a twat and the ending to 1 sucked just as much as 2. HK-47 was tops, tho. I enjoyed both games.

Bindo was a chilled out dude, without Kreia's pretentious attitude. HK-47 was awesome in both games.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Gaider wrote HK-47 in the first one.

I'd still like to see KotOR remade in either Aurora or Electron. Hell, why not both, since each offers features the other does not: they're also both better than the Odyssey popamole engine.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom