Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mod News KOTOR II Content Restoration Project Complete

scarletguard

Educated
The most important question of course will be how good the highly recognizable original characters' lines are.
That question I can answer. It's a combination of two things. The first is spliced audio which - of course - is never a perfect thing. The other method is text character dialogue options when those applicable characters are engaged in conversation with the droids on the planet.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Groovy. When 1.8.2 is actually released we'll post it as news.
And I thought 1.7 was the last version they'd ever release... The stamina Zbyl has shown with this mod is impressive.

I'm not sure how excited I am about the planet though, especially since a lot of what was supposed to be there was moved to other locations when they cut it out. I like restorations, but I'm less convinced when they move into reimagining.

The other method is text character dialogue options when those applicable characters are engaged in conversation with the droids on the planet.
I approve. Unvoiced text in an otherwise fully voiced game can be a little jarring, but a different voice is VERY jarring. I don't think many people would prefer the 2nd option just to have everything voiced.

Divinity: Original Sin
Groovy. When 1.8.2 is actually released we'll post it as news.
And I thought 1.7 was the last version they'd ever release... The stamina Zbyl has shown with this mod is impressive.

I'm not sure how excited I am about the planet though, especially since a lot of what was supposed to be there was moved to other locations when they cut it out. I like restorations, but I'm less convinced when they move into reimagining.

That's why the planet is not part of the restoration. They're only making the mods compatible.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Yeah that is my understanding as well. They are just making it compatible. It is NOT a part of the restoration project's scope. as that need's it's own project.

Deleted member 7219

They could have asked Obsidian to do some in-house VA, by going through Avellone. I'm sure they could have got something.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
They could have asked Obsidian to do some in-house VA, by going through Avellone. I'm sure they could have got something.
This requires paying money to professionals, likely beyond their means. Unless you want Obsidian developers doing the voice acting, and that didn't turn out so well in Storm of Zehir.

scarletguard

Educated
Avellone is certainly aware of the TSLRCM.

CAtweet-1.jpg

He's also mentioned in a few interviews as well.

I think the professional voicing that is missed the most isn't for the M4-78 EP but for the missing lines at the Trayus Core during the end game. Kreia was supposed to have more lines to comment on the Exile's party but they were never recorded. However, those lines do exist as voiced by Atris' voice actress - a remnant for when meeting Atris at the Core was still something planned for the game. Some of those extra lines can be found here.

Now if Avellone wants to hire all that expensive talent for us to add party member lines, I'm sure that the modders wouldn't complain! LOL

Interesting fact: one of those droids is voiced by an actual Obsidian employee. (No, it's not Chris Avellone.)
Update10MAY14:
1) They've now released the supposed final version of TSLRCM - Version 1.8.3. (File package has been updated as of 07 May 2014.)

2) They also updated that M4-78 EP add-on as well. (File package has been updated as of 07 May 2014.)

3) Severian Silk mentioned elsewhere about compatibility issues with using the Jedi Temple mod and M4-78 EP. That's been fixed too with this.

4) If you sincerely hate the Kaevee stuff and wanted the old conversation with Jorran (the shifty salvager trapped in room by laigreks) back in the game, this unofficial tweak pack is right up your alley. There are other options in this too and you can change the things you want - it isn't a all-or-nothing type of mod.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom