Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mod News KOTOR II Content Restoration Project Complete

Stelcio

Savant
Reinstalled and playing now! :bounce:

FAKE EDIT: Peragus, damn...

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
As I remember Kotor2 had a problem with multi core systems and you had to reduce number of cores working manually. Can someone show me a link how to do it? Want to try this thing...

Endemic

Arcane
As I remember Kotor2 had a problem with multi core systems and you had to reduce number of cores working manually. Can someone show me a link how to do it? Want to try this thing...

Setaffinity is a program that lets you adjust how many\which cores a program uses (and has an automatic backup option). The 64-bit version is still in beta though so use caution.

http://edgemeal.110mb.com/SetAffinity/index.htm

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I am going to ignore villain of the story's comment and so should you.

Shouldn't you be able to set core affinity by selecting the task in the task manager?

Endemic

Arcane
I am going to ignore villain of the story's comment and so should you.

Shouldn't you be able to set core affinity by selecting the task in the task manager?

You can but then you have to do it again every time you run the application. Setaffinity sets it permanently.

Adelphi

Novice
Project: Eternity
After so many years, it seems the time has finally come to remove the dust from my venerable KotOR2... Excellent!

I've only played the original game once as a light side jedi fighter, and this time, I would like to try the exact opposite: a dark side pure force user.
My question: is it possible in this game to play an interesting evil character, or just a stupid-evil one?

Endemic

Arcane
After so many years, it seems the time has finally come to remove the dust from my venerable KotOR2... Excellent!

I've only played the original game only once as a light side jedi fighter, and this time, I would like to try the exact opposite, a dark side pure force user.
My question: is it possible in this game to play an interesting evil character, or just a stupid-evil one?

I don't want to spoil anything, but there's an excellent manipulative evil choice available with Visas, when you confront Nihilus on the Ravager ;-)

As I haven't played a dark side character yet with the TSLRCM, so I can't think of any others off the top of my head.

Going for LS myself, but I'm going to try to make as many good characters hate me and as many evil characters love me as possible. Also going to try an unarmed build for lulz.

scarletguard

Educated
A page or two back Lockkaliber reinded me of something we discussed a while back. Forgot what my damn password was so it took me a little while to respond. Sorry about that.

Anyway . . . . sometime ago on Codex Forums, Lockkaliber made the following statement in another TSL thread.
Seriously though, while I see your point, the quality [of the ending] is still so far below that of the vanilla game that I feel it should be left out, or redone. The more I think about it, I think the idea of setting up a scenario where audio isn't necessary to be the best solution. Say you come into the room with the force cages, and examine one of your party members, and get some small exposition about them being under the influence of the force. The PC will recognize it as Kreias methods because of their force bond, but he will still be able to lower the force fields, effectively making sure that they can escape when the influence is eliminated by the PC killing Kreia.

Or as I mentioned above, the PC finds them unconscious instead. That would lower the amount of exposition they would have to write, and subsequently fuck up. Perhaps even create a short sequence where you see them waking up just after the PC enters the core, safely ensuring that you can't go back to try to talk with them.

Here's the message I had saved once I got the new password:

Darth Stoney had faded away from the modding scene around the period when TSLRCM 1.7 was released. The information was still passed on to the remaining team. Lockkaliber reminded me of this fact when I read your recent TSLRCM 1.8 thread over at Codex. When I asked Zbyl2 (the other co-lead) about what Lockkaliber had to say, he replied with this:

Rescuing party members on Malachor is much different now than it used to be, and much better. We no longer re-use audio (so looks like he'd like that.) Instead there's a terminal which is used to either open cages or kill your party members. Then there's a short dialog with Mandalore (using his unused lines for Malachor), and he too runs away with the rest of the party.

My apologies on not replying sooner as I've been busy with real life and working on the M4-78 Enhancement Project. I hope you'll feel free to visit the forum and questions about TSLRCM 1.8.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Thanks for posting at the very same moment the installation of the restoration pack was ending. Very climatic indeed.

To the dark side it is, then!
Most of your dark side point gaining choices are dumbfuck I HAVE POWER, I SHOULD KILL/ROB/BE A PRICK ALL THE TIME though, and Kreia will tell you about it, which is good.

Adelphi

Novice
Most of your dark side point gaining choices are dumbfuck I HAVE POWER, I SHOULD KILL/ROB/BE A PRICK ALL THE TIME though, and Kreia will tell you about it, which is good.
Agreed.
After one painful hour trying really hard to embrace the dark side, I've only managed to embrace the moronic side (-"we'd better collaborate to survive" -"HAHAHA GO FUCK YOURSELF YOU PATHETIC WEAKLING HAHAHA"). That being said, light side dialog options aren't really bright either... At least in early game, your options don't feel like dark vs. light, but rather like creepy kid who tortures kittens for fun vs. hippie boy scout high on MDMA.

You don't have to make all dark side choices to be dark side, thankfully. You can do ton of neutral/light side actions and still end up very dark.

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Rescuing party members on Malachor is much different now than it used to be, and much better. We no longer re-use audio (so looks like he'd like that.) Instead there's a terminal which is used to either open cages or kill your party members. Then there's a short dialog with Mandalore (using his unused lines for Malachor), and he too runs away with the rest of the party.

Great! Looks like I'll make a rerun pretty soon then.

Endemic

Arcane
Agreed.
After one painful hour trying really hard to embrace the dark side, I've only managed to embrace the moronic side (-"we'd better collaborate to survive" -"HAHAHA GO FUCK YOURSELF YOU PATHETIC WEAKLING HAHAHA"). That being said, light side dialog options aren't really bright either... At least in early game, your options don't feel like dark vs. light, but rather like creepy kid who tortures kittens for fun vs. hippie boy scout high on MDMA.

I dunno, Czerka's take on rebuilding Telos has some merits. Also, when you're dealing with some exchange henchmen on Nar Shaddaa the DS choice was very tempting. At least Kreia asks you to justify your actions whether LS or DS, which is a lot better than the whining from Carth and Bastila in KOTOR1.

Adelphi

Novice
I'm right now looking into the Czeka vs. Ithlorians mess, and Czerka's perspective seems indeed justified. However, I can't see why anyone would chose to work for them, because spoilers :
- If you're playing light side, you'll obviously side with the Ithlorian treehuggers
- If you're playing dark side, you'll put your selfish interest first. As a reward, Czerka offers money and Ithlorians offer help to rebound with the Force. The latter being far more valuable to any player character regarless of alignement than the former, it would take even the darkest Lord of the Sith a considerable amount of self-sacrificing to embrace Czerka's cause!

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
That's just metagaming bro, when playing unspoiled how would you know what the Ithorian reward is?

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Any widescreen resolution mods for this that actually work?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You will need an executable from GameCopyWorld if you have an original retail version of the game.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
Obviously because he's telling you before you have to decide wether you will help him or side with Czerka.
Well, you're right, that he does. Haven't played in a while... Still, he says that he will heal your force-wound or something, he surely doesn't say "I'll increase your maximum force points by 5" (had to look it up). Then again, I'm not really sure 5 (five) force points are worth more than a bunch of credits... Anyway, my bad.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Thanks, that seems to work.

Could have sworn I tried the WSGF fix before and it didn't, though. Now I have one more reason to never play the stuff I bought on the Steam sale.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom