Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware KOTOR 2 Restoration Project (not the Restored Content Mod)

racofer

Thread Incliner
Qui-Gon Glenn said:
For the record, Dash, hate on me all you want, but in the real world I am your boss. I am the guy that is ten years older than you, has the position you want, and will fire you for work like this. If this project was a hobby for you, and hobbies generally being things you love, I'd be frightened to see the work you do that is simply just work...

:lol: pwned!

TNO

Augur
I was hoping for a supernova. It seems instead we have the gradual decline from Red Giant to white dwarf.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Re: Beta Tester Quits Quite Publicly

Qui-Gon Glenn said:
I have been disenfranchised as a tester. I cannot update to the last build anymore, and none of the powers that be care much. I worked diligently on testing this mod for a year, and I see the waste of my time that it has been. Yes, I got to see a lot of cool stuff, some of it the very best of KotOR modding I have seen to date. But I wasn't testing the mod to play it, I really was testing the mod to help move it towards release.

Yep. I have had it. I no longer have any patience or stomach for what Dashus has decided to do with this project.

I can mod now myself, and I know that while I could not have done a project like this myself, I could have got it done with help.

Many over the years, far more skilled than myself, have made offers. I used to argue that this was unnecessary, that it would actually slow or muddle things, whatever. I took the company line for over 3 years. Now I know better.

Dashus holds this project hostage, and will never release this thing in any format better than it is in it's current state. My belief for this is that the one area to be Dashus' baby, the HK factory, still is in the same state that it came in out of the Xbox. Playable but crappy. And not changing.... because it is quite possibly beyond Dash's solo skills to fix it. This would not be an indictment of Dashus had he done anything to remedy the situation, but pride/arrogance/apathy prevented his getting help, and now here we are. IMO, Dashus has not only betrayed our community for years by being condescending by post whenever possible, but by letting this enormously popular and desired project to die on the vine, let it be made mostly irrelevant by not finishing and releasing in any state fomenting the creation of TSLRCM.

Shame on Team Gizka, and Dashus especially. Yes, dude, I am calling you out. Not that you'll ever read this, since you and your girlfriend simply have time for nothing else but machiattos and snuggling. And the fact that you simply do not visit the site, or care at all about it.

As for the forum, its moderators and my many net-buddies I have made here over the years... I am sorry that I could not keep my mouth shut any longer. I am sorry that you will have to lock or delete this or whatever, that I added another annoyance to this generally annoying forum. I know that some of you will view this as a betrayal in itself, but I want you to look a long minute at the history of this mod, and if you are still hot at me, pm me over at LF - qui_gon_glenn is the username, oddly enough. You won't see me here - I'm done with the Gizka. If the mod is ever released, I will download it and play it, for nostalgia's sake. The project itself is something I hold unnaturally dear... just the giant SW nerd inside me, I guess.

For the record, Dash, hate on me all you want, but in the real world I am your boss. I am the guy that is ten years older than you, has the position you want, and will fire you for work like this. If this project was a hobby for you, and hobbies generally being things you love, I'd be frightened to see the work you do that is simply just work...
Preserved for later generations.

There's some more people being fed up in the thread too. Looks like the worms are out of the can, and the cult is about to drop dead.

Many over the years, far more skilled than myself, have made offers. I used to argue that this was unnecessary, that it would actually slow or muddle things, whatever. I took the company line for over 3 years. Now I know better.

derp

Btw, this thread feeds me like breast milk. I am at peace.

Dragonfk said:
It's sad that some people can't think for themselves and need others to tell them what to think and do.

Well, a beta tester's word is kind of convincing

dragonfk

Erudite
Wow.

Wow.

You will be missed, Glenn.

FUCK IT ALL!

If he says it, it's true. The mod must be dead.

..................................................................................

It's sad that some people can't think for themselves and need others to tell them what to think and do.

MetalCraze

Arcane
I'm actually disappointed. I was hoping that the finale will be more interesting. I dunno - I kinda expected that sooner or later this will happen and retards will go like "omg now I see!!!".
Would be better if they just killed themselves or some other drama.

Still the drama was entertaining and just as we predicted - another restoration mod killed TG off.

Rabidredneck

Liturgist
By the way, TSLRCM has released a new patch

Patch 1.4c is ready http://www.deadlystream.com/download...id=17&act=down

Fixed an issue caused by the 1.4b patch involving Visas and Nih..
Fixed few lines missing "security camera" overlay in 950COR.
Fixed When talking to Tienn, Bao-Dour says Iridoria(both text and VO) when his home planet is called Iridonia.
Fixed an issue with being stuck after Mira Hanharr fight
Moved Atton Sion Fight to after confrontation with Kreia and party members
Fixed "Don't bother with the act, Chano" is said by Opo himself instead the Trandoshans.
Fixed the bugged INF script like having Opo killed is an act of charity (+INF from Bao for example!), like how making thugs jump down a pit is .
Fixed Malachor V, Great Storm Beast defeated and the short cut scene begins to play of the 2 portcullis doors opening, however they dont get passed the reopening of the first one before a save kicks in and the handmaiden vs visas cutscene begins. the final conversation with Hanharr doesn't trigger.
Fixed infinite INF glitch in atton.dlg,
fixed black screen every-time-you-talk-to-blue-mandalorian-on-Dantooine bug.
fixed you lose Jedi Robe if you wear them when entering 950COR.

Quite pleasantly on the day I FINALLY break down and pick up a copy of Sith Lords to try this out. Once I figure out how to work TSLPatcher to install everything, I'll post my thoughts on it.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Has there been any talk on when it will be released officially as a mod and not just an open beta?

Rabidredneck

Liturgist
Not yet. There's been some talk that they might redo the droid factory a bit. It seems most comments on it are "good, could be better"

I just blow 2.45 hours playing this game for the first time in years. Last time I played it was the xbox version and hadn't even heard of the cut content at the time. I'd forgotten how much fun this can be.

For the record I am keeping mod inclusion at a minimum. All I've used are the official patch, restoration mod, both mod patches, and the peragus fix mod, which is completely compatible with restoration. Later I plan on getting the music upgrade mod, and maybe some character tweaks.

None of the restoration stuff kicks in until telos so all I've seen so far is peragus (i'm about to meet Sion for the first time.) It does FEEL tighter than I remember. The only change I have actually noticed from what I remember is when the HK first greets you in the original version he just appears out of nowhere, with the peragus fix you actually see him enter the room in the cutscene.

What I'm really hoping to see in this is will the ending be more coherent. My first time playing this by the end I was hopelessly confused as to what was going on.

Rabidredneck said:
By the way, TSLRCM has released a new patch

Patch 1.4c is ready http://www.deadlystream.com/download...id=17&act=down

Fixed an issue caused by the 1.4b patch involving Visas and Nih..
Fixed few lines missing "security camera" overlay in 950COR.
Fixed When talking to Tienn, Bao-Dour says Iridoria(both text and VO) when his home planet is called Iridonia.
Fixed an issue with being stuck after Mira Hanharr fight
Moved Atton Sion Fight to after confrontation with Kreia and party members
Fixed "Don't bother with the act, Chano" is said by Opo himself instead the Trandoshans.
Fixed the bugged INF script like having Opo killed is an act of charity (+INF from Bao for example!), like how making thugs jump down a pit is .
Fixed Malachor V, Great Storm Beast defeated and the short cut scene begins to play of the 2 portcullis doors opening, however they dont get passed the reopening of the first one before a save kicks in and the handmaiden vs visas cutscene begins. the final conversation with Hanharr doesn't trigger.
Fixed infinite INF glitch in atton.dlg,
fixed black screen every-time-you-talk-to-blue-mandalorian-on-Dantooine bug.
fixed you lose Jedi Robe if you wear them when entering 950COR.

Quite pleasantly on the day I FINALLY break down and pick up a copy of Sith Lords to try this out. Once I figure out how to work TSLPatcher to install everything, I'll post my thoughts on it.

At least you can always consider these patch updates another kick at TSLRP's bloated corpse.

Rabidredneck

Liturgist
Alright, been playing more. On Telos about to run into the handmaidens. Yes I have seen things I've never seen before and it's pretty cool. I'd say the most obvious was finally finishing the 'hunt the escaped criminals' quest. Before, I'd seen them at Czerkas building getting shuttle passes then they'd run off never to be seen again and leave a quest forever unfinished. Now on the surface of Telos I run into them and finally get to gank them for credits.

I honestly haven't run into any serious bugs so far, maybe I've just been lucky. The most serious thing that's happened is a CTD just when I was about to finish being B4D4, fortunately I had saved just before then and a reload let me finish no problem.

I have a feeling the vast majority of changes I'll see will be on Nar-Shadda, but once I'm done with Telos I'll be going to dantooine next.

Rabidredneck said:
Alright, been playing more. On Telos about to run into the handmaidens. Yes I have seen things I've never seen before and it's pretty cool. I'd say the most obvious was finally finishing the 'hunt the escaped criminals' quest. Before, I'd seen them at Czerkas building getting shuttle passes then they'd run off never to be seen again and leave a quest forever unfinished. Now on the surface of Telos I run into them and finally get to gank them for credits.

I honestly haven't run into any serious bugs so far, maybe I've just been lucky. The most serious thing that's happened is a CTD just when I was about to finish being B4D4, fortunately I had saved just before then and a reload let me finish no problem.

I have a feeling the vast majority of changes I'll see will be on Nar-Shadda, but once I'm done with Telos I'll be going to dantooine next.

I never did find out if this thing affected it, but I hope I'll finally get to finish that shipping routes quest in the game. Always bugged me that I could never complete it.

Rabidredneck

Liturgist
Finally found my first bug. After getting the Handmaiden and leaving the telos academy, I asked her to spar with me. I got her health to a small sliver but it never went down anymore after that.

I checked the Mod forums and they're aware of the bug, they just haven't managed to fix it yet. I did learn of a workaround where you don't spar with her immediatly after leaving the academy. Just go to any planet (even the citadel so I could collect my bounty for finally killing those two criminals) go back aboard the hawk and it works fine from there.

The Genius

Educated
I'm not much interested in what people think, my duties mean I must safeguard what is in the best interests for the community, I will stop, pursue and punish plagiarisers as far as is in my power (which in the very small pond that is the KotOR community is considerable).

:lol:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The Genius said:
I'm not much interested in what people think, my duties mean I must safeguard what is in the best interests for the community, I will stop, pursue and punish plagiarisers as far as is in my power (which in the very small pond that is the KotOR community is considerable).

Power! Unlimited power!

I wonder if anyone'll start safeguarding the best interests of the RPGCodex community.

treave said:
Power! Unlimited power!

I wonder if anyone'll start safeguarding the best interests of the RPGCodex community.

hmmm

fforce1ym4.png

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
The Genius said:

:lol:
History of Litigation: Part Deux?

Rabidredneck

Liturgist
Okay, just finished Dantooine, lots of new stuff. Biggest was meeting Kaevee, a confused slightly deranged survivor of the destruction of the jedi enclave. While her scripted dialogue was there, apparently original creators of the game never got someone to voice her so the mod creators got someone to do it for them. And I'll say that she did a reasonably good job of voicing a young, confused, slightly deranged padawan survivor.

Another is an extension of the merc invasion of the dantooine government building. Before you got some movie clips of mercs running into the defenses you help set up then go straight to the final battle, now after the movie clip your actually fighting a large number of mercs outside the building until the security chief calls you in to defend the inside, cue final battle.

Also I've been running into groups of HK-50's, part of the droid factory thing. Now that HK-47 is finally online, I can look forward to setting up the droid factory itself.

Once I've finished up Ebon Hawk character developement stuff, it's off to Nar Shadda. I'm really looking forward to seeing how different it is from the original.

MetalCraze

Arcane
While her scripted dialogue was there, apparently original creators of the game never got someone to voice her so the mod creators got someone to do it for them

And here you thought that these guys won't be fags like Team-Gizka.

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Just finished a light side playthrough.

Stoney has done a damn fine job. The game feels a lot more complete and fleshed out in some areas. The HK factory was interesting but a little frustrating difficulty-wise. Kaevee is better than tslrp version.

I had a few CTD's here and there, but I think my hardware is to blame for most of them.

All in all, great improvements on the vanilla game!

EDIT

Btw, who the fuck is Peter Mackenzie on gizkas forums? It has to be a codex alt.

burrie

Scholar
How well is the party's confrontation with Kreia scripted? That scene always read as something pretty awesome.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom